It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Volcano Lightning Electrifies Japan Eruption:(Awesome Pics!)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Hello, folks- beautiful thread, fine photos & videos (I especially like the picture of Godzilla; I've been a big fan since I was little). I found some more volcano lightning pics of Krakatau, one of the nastiest fire mountains on the planet:

Bottom 2 photos are borrowed from John Seach's geoology site; the top one is by Marco Fulle.
edit on 1-2-2011 by RomaMayLi because: rewrite photo order

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

Nicccce....

I especially like that 3rd one. Cool as hell.

I think I have found a new topic to like.

I have to be honet though. What I have enjoyed even more than the great post by you all, is all the new people I haven't heard from before and their cool mini-picks/avatars and Signatures. I have a good time looking at them and checking some profiles out.

Thanks everyone and I am truly glad you enjoyed this thread as much as I have.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Looking at those post it makes me think Rodan or Godzilla getting ready to rise up out of the ceater...lol

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Those are amzing pics would love to see in real life but from a distance

any one know if air travel was stopped in the area like Iceland last year?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Glad you liked them! In case anyone would like to know, I'm a photographer; I put photomontages together in Photoshop, & my avatar is an original from my series "The Martian Chronicles". You Know, the pyramids of Mars & all that? I'm into that sort of thing.

Roasted Aliv3: I checked "Icelandic travel" on google & everyone seems to still be busy selling vacations, so if anybody plans to go to photograph volcanoes or the Northern Lights- I guess it's full steam ahead.

I've never photographed a volcano. I'm not much of a mountain climber & prefer to keep a safe distance. In the case of the photos I submitted above, I forgot to say that Krakatau is west of Java, Indonesia in the Sunda Strait.
edit on 1-2-2011 by RomaMayLi because: spelling

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

Im confused. Are you saying the shots you did are photoshopped. Please say it isn't so.

Let me know.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
S&F Thanks for posting these! Absolutely amazing & powerful! I've seen a few of these but most were new to me, and they are just fantastic!
Cool work on your photomontage avatar too!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I was just reading that the volcano started to erupt again Tuesday.

I haven't seen pictures or video yet so I can say the lighting happens every time. I doubt it would though.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

No, the volcano shots are real & done by the photographers I gave credit to on the post. My avatar is done by me in Photoshop from a lot of different pictures that I took.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There is something about lava and lightning together that gets me all fuzzy inside.

Alot of really cool pics!

I'm truly grateful to all who have the stones to go to these extreme places and share these beautiful images with the rest of us.

rev

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
All these photos are Awesome looking at them u can almost feel the power blasting right out of the photo
there full of mystery beauty and danger it makes me think more about how little we know about anything and everything

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
star and flag for you sir

simply amazing!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Amazing photos! Certainly interesting. Star & Flag

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The wife and I are toying with the idea of getting one of the pics blown up so we can
make a real wallpaper hanging of it in the news house.

yep. It's a visual-if we do it, I will put a picture of it up. My wife is a real thinker when it comes to art projects/ideas.

I/we like that everyone appreciated and enjoy these awesome shots-and the ones added by other members. Now we have a new hobby... looking for Volcano Lighting shots/videos.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Anon72 thank you for posting this. I have never seen this phenomenon before!

It almost looks like something out of a scifi film, beautiful.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

I don't know how I missed your post, until now.

Great point on the anti-matter/Ufo's.

Come to think of it, there are a lot of reports about UFO around volcano's-If I remember correctly.

Maybe they are gathering some type of compound/gas/matter/info for their benifit. Hmmmm Got me thinking now. Wonder if they are the cause of the lighting!???

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
beautiful.
this is where aliens get engaged. over lightning volcanic action.
us mundane folk resort to water falls.

awesome!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

Now that thought I like, about the aliens. Makes sense to me.

Nice thinking.

There must be something if they keep showing up at them. Of course, maybe they just like Lava & Lighting?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm definitely showing these pics to my mom, we're originally from the Kanagawa prefecture, which thankfully is NO WHERE near Kirishima.

I didn't know this was possible, I'll have to ask if she's ever seen or even heard of this phenomenon occuring. It's absolutely terrifying, but breathtakingly beautiful at the same time.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheColouredFlower

I am not sure what you mean. Does you mom live in Japan? Is that what you are indicating?

If so, Please, get a first hand account etc from anyone there.

I was hoping there would be an ATSer with connections there.

Let us know. now you got me curious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join