It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two cyclones to hit Queensland: Bligh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Two cyclones to hit Queensland: Bligh

news.ninemsn.com.au

Cyclone Anthony has been upgraded to category two and could slam into Queensland's north coast as early as Sunday night.

Authorities are also warning a second, much bigger cyclone could also roar across the coast this week.

But Premier Anna Bligh has warned a much larger cyclone of similar intensity is tipped to cross the Queensland coast within five days.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
This ain't good at all. The Queensland people are about to get hit by TWO CYCLONES... Not one... TWO.

That is crazy. I wish more people from Australia could inform us.... is the situation still crazy in Queensland? Is the area still flooded?

I mean this looks more and more like Katrina... but worse... but at least the Australian government is doing something...

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Some areas still have a bit of water covering the grounds but 3/4s of it has receded.
It's on to rebuilding now and dealing with companies scamming flood victims of what money they have left.

Now also the Southern part of Australia is starting to flood with all the rain they have been having down there.

We are in for some fun times!

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I mean this looks more and more like Katrina... but worse... but at least the Australian government is doing something...

Not enough... Most of what is being done in regards to relief funds and rebuilding, has been provided by volunteers and charity from Australians.
Australia has no disaster relief fund to speak of.
Those in the communities effected, are getting Centerlink payments less then what our Pensioners get per FORTNIGHT.
That is around $200-$250 per week to live on.
Not enough Gov... Not enough.
edit on 30/1/2011 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
This is already being discussed here and here and here
TC Anthony doesn't look too bad but Yasi may follow the same track and be minimum cat.3. This will not only affect the people, but again the economy will suffer. Let's just hope it doesn't come to the SE corner or Rockhampton or the other towns severely affected in the last 2 months.
edit on 30-1-2011 by zenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I got family all through qld last i herd they were doing a mass clean up some areas are a bit damp if this hits again and dose a repeat i dont think it will be good. ill ask my family and get back to you guys.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I live in Queensland and would like to say thanks for the concern.

Where I live we were incredibly lucky, and only had to deal with empty supermarkets for a couple of days. I have to say that Anthony should not affect us here, but Yasi could be bad. I think stocking up on essentials is definitely in order, and top priority tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
This is pretty frightening, TC Anthony is pretty much hovering over the coast right now about 300kms north of were I am, My cousin is ground zero at the moment in Mackay and they are getting hammered by this cat 2 cyclone and it closed in very quick check this clip from only 2 days ago 28/01.

The now this is scary looking at the size difference of the cat 2 TC Anthony crossing land and TC Yasi.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dniMnepO

LOL Mackay is not ground zero mate. Bowen was/is, im in Mackay and id hardly call it a fart in a jar.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Yasi however...... :/

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by exo87

hah yeah sorry but look at the percipitation falling it was mainly focused through mackay, but around Bowen were experiencing the gail force winds, I wonder if Yasi is gowing to track down the same path as Anthony.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dniMnepO
reply to post by exo87

hah yeah sorry but look at the percipitation falling it was mainly focused through mackay, but around Bowen were experiencing the gail force winds, I wonder if Yasi is gowing to track down the same path as Anthony.

i know you aussies don't think much of us americans, but i hope for the best, for you and others, to make it through this set of disasters. it was devastating to watch on the television the clips of the massive floods you country has endured. now you get the cyclones, good luck mates, i'll be raising a pint for you.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Well the governments already going to Tax us after our homes were flooded they are calling it a flood levee.
I can't wait to see the Cyclone "levee" they are going to hammer us with. BTW we are still paying state government Drought prices on our water and still paying water restriction prices in QLD. I love Australia and yes I was flooded. Floods come and go but a new tax lasts forever.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Keep an eye on www.bom.gov.au... also it has the government warnings for the area. Shocking that this is happening AGAIN!

top topics

join