It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Games and Video Game Technology going to be used to control the public?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
Interesting. Here's some fuel for your fire. I grew up playing foosball in the early/ mid 70s. I'm not sure if it if it was when Pong (the first "video game" I ever saw) or Space Invaders (the second) came out, but the story at that time was that these originated in the military and it was used in some kind of military training. I didn't think anything about it in the mid 80s, when my then boyfriend; who was a software engineer in Austin, talked about them playing with some flight simulator thing on their computers after work, understanding by then that video games were computer generated.
A few years ago, there was a controversy about a group of dispensationalist "endtimers" in the military putting out a video (I think under the auspices of a "free gift" kinda thing) to troops that depicted people on the streets of NY city being converted literally at the barrel of a gun and getting killed if they refused.

So do you have any feelings of wanting to harm endangered silver-back gorillas with masonry tools? Do you want to stomp on endangered sea turtles? Like to hide in cardboard boxes smoking cigarettes? You eat mushrooms?
Do they treat your mild to moderate ED?

Fallacy...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I'm going back to playing D&D and warhammer like i did when i was a teen. Having friends sit around a table, playing towards a common goal through cooperation or friendly rivalry is more healthier and social than video gaming.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cheerfulnihilist
I'm going back to playing D&D and warhammer like i did when i was a teen. Having friends sit around a table, playing towards a common goal through cooperation or friendly rivalry is more healthier and social than video gaming.

Notice the disinfo agent hits and runs. They never stick around to discuss thier disinfo topics.

They actually spend money on this?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I have been thinking about this topic for quite awhile now. About the future of video games and what it will mean for mankind. How immersed can we get and how far technology will go. My growing conclusion is that there is definitely a visceral and carnal desire that video games are satisfying in our society. So much so people are choosing to play versus living normal lives or even just healthy ones. Not sleeping is a big one there increasing deaths from over playing around the world. That kind of control will not go unoticed by ones seeking control.
edit on 12-12-2011 by TheTruth1914 because: Punctuation error

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GamesKillFreedom

How is Super Mario Galaxy,Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, Dance Dance Revolution and Final Fantasy XIII used to control people?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
www.usedvideogamesearch

Hi, I am new on this Forum. There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume it will help those who are passionate for games.This used video games price comparison search allows the user to get the best price online for used Xbox, PlayStation, Wii, PC and other video games, below is the link of website, kindly look forward. Thank you

www.usedvideogamesearch.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join