It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese TV tries to pass 'Top Gun' footage off as real drill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Chinese TV tries to pass 'Top Gun' footage off as real drill

ca.news.yahoo.com

The newly unveiled J-20 stealth fighter has sparked fears that China is closing the technological gap with the United States. New footage, however, suggests they are firmly stuck in the 1980s.

China Central Television recently aired footage of a J-10 fighter allegedly destroying another aircraft during a training flight. But many viewers noticed something fishy — the images seemed eerily familiar. Closer inspection revealed an uncanny similarity to a scene from Top Gun 1986.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
See the images and links on the source of here:
online.wsj.com...

Makes me wonder, not like they'd need to, if the U.S fakes footage/drills regarding their military like Iran and China have been caught red handed doing.

However, I think the technology did come from the downed U.S F-117 back in the 80's over USSR?... or Serbia?...

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
LOL, nice catch I'm still laughing....I wouldn't be suprised if the US didn't do the same thing with stuff they have that doesn't work.What worries me is the stuff that does work and that we don't know about.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
we're no better over here....we stole their recipe for kung pao chicken.

they steal from us (patented proprietary software, stealth technology), we steal from them (kung pao chicken)...it all comes out even in the end.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

That is just too funny.

Of course this kind of propaganda is not for us, it's for the poor, uninformed Chinese masses.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

S & F.

Thats a riot! I think I also spotted a bit from the movie "Iron Eagle".

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The similarities are striking, however, the cost of buying in stock footage compared to actually blowing up a real airplaine must be minute in comaprison. I don't see this as that much as a huge deal. I am more suprised that anyone picked up on it as the footage only appears on screen for maybe a second or less.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The media deceiving the masses is nothing we haven't seen before here in the West, folks, but that is still pretty funny...
What I don't understand is why China feels so insecure in the first place that they have to fake this...China has the US by the balls...if they ever got into serious trouble I think China could just say something like "Uncle Sam, some predator drones over here please? Yeah , that would be great, thanks."

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by snoochieboochies

The do not "buy in" stock footage. They steal it.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
That is too funny. It's definitely from Top Gun. China is no different than any Superpower of the past and present. THere is a continual propaganda war going on for domestic and foreign consumption. It's just funny when they get caught red handed like this. Some military brass in China are going to have some "splaining".

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
ha....ahaaha...hahahahahahaa....really? Is that a real news story or an early April fools joke??

Oh thanks for pointing that out, made my night indeed.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
The media deceiving the masses is nothing we haven't seen before here in the West, folks, but that is still pretty funny...
What I don't understand is why China feels so insecure in the first place that they have to fake this...China has the US by the balls...if they ever got into serious trouble I think China could just say something like "Uncle Sam, some predator drones over here please? Yeah , that would be great, thanks."

china has us by the balls? man the intelligence of some people on here is pathetic. people hate the US so much that they will make up lies and fantasies that they believe to be true.

STOP HATIN

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Majorly Hillarius!
Thats another reason the chinese are getting modern fast...they dont have to go through all the R&D they just borrow the F35 plans and customise them with a smaller cockpit...heheheheh

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The reason that people immediately noticed the scene was from Top Gun, is that anyone who loves aviation, has watched top gun ATLEAST 4 times. And it NEVER gets old:

Maverick: Just want to serve my country and be the best fighter pilot in the Navy, sir!

Stinger: Don't screw around with me, Maverick. You're one hell of an instinctive pilot. Maybe too good. I'd like to bust your butt but I can't. I got another problem here. I gotta send somebody from this squadron to Miramar. I gotta do something here, I still can't believe it. I gotta give you your dream shot! I'm gonna send you up against the best.

You two characters, are going to Top Gun. For five weeks, you'll be flying against the best fighter pilots in the world. You were number two, Cougar was number one. Cougar lost it-turned in his wings. You guys are number one. But you remember one thing: if you screw up just this [pinches fingers for emphasis] much, you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog # out of Hong Kong!

Maverick: Yes sir!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tempesillest

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

china has us by the balls? man the intelligence of some people on here is pathetic. people hate the US so much that they will make up lies and fantasies that they believe to be true.

STOP HATIN

Absolutely unbelievable. Thank you, forum-man, for demonstrating your superior powers of intellect. I don't know what I would do without you.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Definitely the same footage, IMO.
The exact pieces of airplane are shown flying apart and in the same directions.

My question is, "Why fake it?"
Also, "Is this a copyright violation by a Government entity, or civilian business?"

In other words, if the FBI capable of actually getting a lawsuit out of this?
Ever see the FBI or INTERPOL license posts before the video starts?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d307dc06fb0.png[/atsimg]
Wonder if they paid attention to this...before using the footage!?

edit on 31-1-2011 by havok because: took out a emoticon

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hiray to dana-ger zorne!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Laughing.....

Still laughing......

"No Mav....This isn't a good idea."

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Far more interesting is that there were multiple pictures of tanker ops which shows that the dragon is looking beyond their shores. Remember know one kicks ass without tanker gas.

As far as "stealing" the footage, the Chicom government has done little to stem the tide of this and its pretty rampant overthere. The PLA is an active participant in the whole thing. So bogarting a few second of footage is a drop in the bucket.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Must admit this is pretty hilarious and would love to see the faces of some of the top brass. We get CCTV aired here in my country in my local area as a sort of fill in during daytime TV for the regions local TV station. Everything on it ranges from obvious Chinese propaganda to large cultural show pieces that remind me of things like the Nazi rallies (not really the same but they have an odd vibe to them to me).

They have a segment called 'Nature and Science' and one weekend it was about a guy who uses cats for warehouse rodent control... the thing is, he was getting it so wrong it was laughable, both from a scientific and mental angle. Hearing his thoughts on feline psychology was tear inducing, all he had to do was open a western veterinarian journal on the subject to learn all he needed to know. While its hardly indicative of the entire Chinese population, it was quite an eye opener as to how many of them might think...

We have nothing to fear from China, although China has a lot to fear from itself. The crouching dragon is nothing but an over stuffed gecko with delusions of grandeur it enjoys whispering to itself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join