It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Revolution is at your door RIGHT NOW!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
The scenario of waking up to a revolution means you are not part of the revolution. It is then too late to take sides, and you should just hide.

There's a build up. But then it can explode within one day. It happened before. I watched it unfold that way. All it takes is one large group of people to make a decision and the rest followed. They were outnumbered before they even decided to take Wounded Knee. They went in knowing they could possibly die and some did. It can happen in a days time though it just depends.

To be honest, it's going to take alot in this country for anyone to stand up and revolt. Cause no one really cares. They got not alot to lose right now with their electronic gadgets and flat screen tvs. Start taking away internet, and other things and you'll see youth in the streets going nuts.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

The people who are filled with excitement and hope for a revolution to begin have NO clue what this is going to entail. NONE. In fact it angers me to see people salivating for it.

The tough talk going on around here won't be so tough once this gets going. I've sat back and watched this long enough, and some people after watching the goings on in Egypt think it would be cool if this were going on here. I think it will eventually happen but do not wish and dream for this nightmare. It's wayyyy different in real life than what you are watching on TV and youtube vids.

First of all, please let me extend my gratitude that you have shared your personal experiences here. Your story was very stark and emotionally touching for me to read and I thank you being so candid with the ATS community.

Your sentiments reflect the exact sort of realizations and thoughts which gave birth to the ideas which became this thread. The saber rattling and posturing that I've seen, especially for the last 6 months, from people about anarchy and revolution. I think people tend to fantasize, regarding these subjects, in ways that are highly unrealistic. The posters I have heard from, who think of themselves as minutemen, in a way, always post from a proactive mindset. IE they always threaten to take the fight to others.

I wanted to convey the reality that the fight usually finds you in war, not the other way around.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I'm kinda look'n forward to living in a Mad Max world.
Everyday would be like a new adventure in survival.

The Rich would not be able to survive as everything is done for them.
As money becomes worthless, nobody will do anything for them.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'd probably be cowering in fear because of the COMPLETELY fear based catalyst I've created for myself. This is garbage, If you want to manifest that kind of future for yourself and think that it's necessary, go on ahead. This situation that purely based upon FEAR would not occur in my reality...so uhh...i'll watch your parallel time-line of Earth turn to # while my time-line of Earth reaches it's Golden Age. good luck with that whole killing each other thing.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

I like the gorillla warfare idea, this is why I am training legions of silverbacks in my basement to do my bidding!!

Seriosly though, as a reply to the OP, i never sleep. well generally don't anyway.
So i cannot imagine waking up to very much, but in the event i did,....
I would make coffee.
really.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Sorry for the agressive nature of the response. I was feeling a little bombarded.

I live in a semi-rural area and the relatives are close at hand. They have military experience, medical experience, farming experience, and animals that can be used for food. My family would be equally safe there. So, I would feel that they were sufficently cared for.

I understand your view. If I was stuck in the city I would be headed for the country side as well. Of course, the refugees would probably end up being the biggest headache for people in my area.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

There was a Discovery Channel special about 5 or 6 years back, hosted, I believe, by the same guy who did the "Connections" series. And it addressed exactly what you speak of here... That, in the event of the breakdown of society, there would be an exodus out of the cities, through the suburbs, and towards agricultural and rural areas.

People, stuck in high rise buildings that, without power for air conditioning, are effectively giant ovens, will head to where there is comfort, and food.

This concept further aggravates things for those who are already in a good position regarding waking up in the scenario painted in my OP. They may well be clear of the initial storm, but they are in a bad way once those first few lightning strikes occur.

Imagine living on a farm and having to literally set up and patrol a perimeter to protect what is yours from a literal wall of people evacuating cities and looking for a place to belong. Some showing up, hat in hand... Others arriving armed and with intent.

As a person who lives in the suburbs I am not in a position to have to evacuate post haste, in the event of civil unrest or disorder. But it wouldn't take very long before I found myself having to contemplate the move.

Thankfully I do have options available to me. I rather feel sorry for those who do not.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

In America the taxes also pay for things like Occupational Safety and Hazard Administration, Enviromental Protection Agency, Consumer Product Safety Board, and other organizations that work daily to improve the quality of life. So, no it isn't all about taxes to pay the bankers.

You obviously have serious issues with Ameerica. Your issue obviously isn't with me. You want to make a political statement and chose me. So, at this point I am ending this discussion. Your points are valid to an extent, but have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Yes, there is a build up before revolution, and this is the time to take a stand BEFORE it turns to violence. The situation outlined by the OP is that all dialogue has apparently failed, if there ever was dialogue, and that is my point. If people do not want violence, they need to get off of the sidelines and make positive change happen. If they are on one side or the other, they need to perhaps soften their position a little bit.
People have marched and protested for a long time about the wars overseas, about a swelling and increasingly tyrannical government, and about corruption among other things. Nothing positive, other than some turnover in congress has resulted. To maintain a PEACEFUL revolution, people need to stop throwing dung on the people that are trying to change our government for the better, like the TRUE Tea Party groups that get NO press, and become part of the group that is trying to peacefully make positive change.
If and when the groups start lining up, it is TOO late as you well know and personal sacrifice for something not necessarily better, probably worse, will result.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

common sense rears its head! indeed, if TSHTF right outside the door, it is a little too late. i would be concerned about taking my dog outside for potty during this Red Dawn scenario.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

Have you made any preparations? yes or no?
I am not a rich man but i have.
Now for me to assume that someone who was rich and made no preparations would be silly.
Paper cash is not the only power.
I will do fine with my cigarettes, booze, skills Etc.
I am sure the rich folk who have everything done for them, had someone buy a stockpile of gold and silver.
Of course there will be exceptions to this rule.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The real problem with this situation this time in history is there will be nobody to fix it,this will end bad no matter what people do,90% of people will parish or become the winner's bi**h.I really think this is the plan,clean out as much of the "rif raf" by letting them fight among them selve's and start over,I mean what the hell are you going to do with 7 billion people most of whom are unhappy,mad,destitute or just plain spoiling for a fight?

This is just common senses no matter how much you don't like it,this is human history.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I have begun to really like the way most mod's use "critical thinking" in a lot of there response's,it make's for not only an educational read but interesting because you are about the only one's who do.

I live in the area's you speak of and in doing a small amount of research(actuelly going to there house and ask,"are you ready")all i get is what are you talking about?long story short,the people(in my area anyway) don't have a clue and most think I'm nut's

I had to apoligize and change the subject in order to keep friendship's in tacked.Sad !!.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Grab a gun, join the bad guys. Continue to take over bad guys and move them to the good guys side. Mission accomplished.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
if i woke up one day to find my region in the midst of a wartime scenario, that means i was asleep at the wheel, and most, if not any ideas i had short of holing up would be null and void.

that scenario, even for the most astute person, would prove quite a quagmire to arise from with the least amount of damage suffered.

even someone as level headed as myself, may have to deal with the fact that "oh snap, how'd i not see this coming? i may well have just been defeated without a shot fired....sucks, hopefully reincarnation is real, i'll try again next time." but that doesn't mean i'd give up.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
In reference to Black ops comment about posting personal info,.
I would have to agree,. not a good plan to post such info..
Kinda like all the posts in the survival forum about guns and ammo.
those that participated are marked,.
unless you really dont care and want a fight on your hands
be cautious of what you post.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
This thread is a response to the many posts, here and elsewhere, regarding revolution, uprisings, civil unrest, etc.

There are many people who seem to be literally starved for such an event to occur. They chomp at the proverbial bit and stir up the pot to the best of their abilities. And while I do understand, and share, the frustration which leads to such sentiments, I do not share in the zealotry which accompanies them. To my thinking, violence is a last resort and one to be undertaken with great hesitance and forethought.

Very good post S & F I fully agree with this above post. Once you pull that trigger it's pretty hard to get it back, so you better make sure you know who the good guys an bad guys are.

To me, those who promote such acts have not pondered the reality of them. They have not weighed the implications or the severity of the burden discussed.

Is the above what it would be like to wake up to a full on revolution in a western nation? Or is it what it would be like to wake up in the middle of a skirmish between the police and a rogue militia group?

How would one know the difference?

Good question. And you probably wouldn't know till it's to late.

Would you trust that the police were there to protect you? Or would you automatically perceive the men in camouflage to be righteous saviors simply because they flew a flag associated, symbolically, with patriotism?

Godd question (2) I can't honestly answer it. If went to bed to peace an quite then wake to this? I really don't know. My thought would be, is it a terrorist crew trying to turn the people against each other?

Do you stay in your house as the EBS signal instructed, protecting your family? Do you join in the battle waging outside of your door?

Staying an protecting your family would be a no-brainer. Joining the battle without knowing the players? Till I knew more, I'd try an keep a low profile gather intel.

If so, on which side? And why?

I am interested, ATS, to see how others would deal with waking into this nightmare... I have my ideas of what I would do. What are yours?

~Heff

edit on 1/29/11 by Hefficide because: BB tags

I've got an elderly mother to look after and a father in a nursing home so my options are kinda thin. The way I'm trying to look at it for now is, those that can't leave could/should set up information drops for those that could get away.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

what you describe it what [WE] have done to countless countries. It would be fantastic to have this come home to show the bastards and sheeple here what they have done . I know this is comming for i have read and studied the bible, as well as mother nature.
To those who did not read the bible and believe that we came from apes, you must know if you studied evolution [with a closed mind] what will happen from overpopulation, greed of a spieces, what happens when resources run out. You must also know how cruel all of the animal world is to each other when stressed out. Mother nature is no angel!!! So take your pick GOD ALMIGHTY OR MOTHER NATURE Both will require paments comming. The bible says in the end time even the men hiding in the caves of the world will be brought out [duce, and a few other underground bases]
So take your pick, either one , i choose god almightys plan. to those who believe in mother nature, well i pray that not be true, for we will be in for even worse judgement. Mother nature and god both say DONT FOOL WITH ME!!!
So yes i look forword to the day we pay for our sins against god or for the sins we commited against mother nature.
Either way , which ever we choose, payment will be made. WE DESERVE IT ALL!!
If there is no god, then we are animals and will act like one when SHTF [new orleans] [wars] it will be survival of the cruelest and strongest simple as that, your choice, your not going to hide or escape judgement either way

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There will be no revolution,you guys would not last more than a month at best,you would have no electricity,gas,water,or food, all those things would be cut off from you and all the mass's,youd be the bad guy when people cant feed themselves or thier kids,also to get food or water youd have to give yourself up and live in a fema camp to get any resources to survive ,thats what the goverment always wanted and then you would realy be in the S***.I have to laugh at all you rambo types that think a few guns and supplies will win a civil war for you

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I assure you, 2000+ yr old technology, gunpowder, is not a threat to a serious military take-over in a civilian population area. They now have everything from satellites to mobile sonic weapons to incapacitate any armed militias or "insurgents" resisting them.
The trick is not to fight fire with more fire. If you point a gun at an opponent, you've engaged in a death match with no real winners. Let them do all the pointing and shooting, more times than not you will find that human beings are not murderous when they aren't in fear of losing their own lives. Psychos will always exist, but the majority will not fire upon a peaceful mob.
edit on 30-1-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join