It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Revolution is at your door RIGHT NOW!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
this is cool

more information gathering on ats

good work

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

How does one gather information by asking people to describe their emotional reactions to a hypothetical situation with very broad parameters?

Just out of curiosity.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Why would TPTB use ground troops when they could easily use UAV and AGV combat vehicles to completely destroy any organized opposition to policy. A virus or chemical could also be used to deny travel through any area, effectivley sealing everybody inside a predesignated kill zone. Hope it never happens.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by molonlabe33
Why would TPTB use ground troops when they could easily use UAV and AGV combat vehicles to completely destroy any organized opposition to policy.

Good point...I guess at that moment I would use my X-man power to save the day.

PS- I am also known as EMP-Man.

MM

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

just making an observation

i will not answer your question so you can try to justify and prove with words that you are not gathering information. you cannot prove it. i cannot prove you are gathering information

in the current enviroment we live in people need to be very careful to the type of response they give to a 'hypothetical' situation you have outlined. a violent life threatening situation.
why, we could see if they were 'hypothetically' inclined towards violence. wouldn't that be interesting. we will have the thought police arriving next. oh, but wait there is no thought police. i wonder could we get people to share their thoughts with us.

anyway,

i reserve the rite to remain p*r*no*d .

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
reply to post by tom goose

Taking part in what if scenarios helps to sharp the mind. Even if the scenario is almost impossible it keeps the brain sharp. I am also a writer so it helps stir up new ideas.

How do you sever the the strings. You play by the rules and you protest. I can not in conscience stop paying taxes. I use the roads. I will call the fire department if needed. I use services that my taxes pay for. Even though there are many evil and horrible things are government does, there are benifits here that many still use every day. I can not expect someone else to pay my share for these services and benifits. There are dozens of things that the government does that actually benifits people daily.

I understand your position. I get tired of hearing it myself. I realize how many people here have alligator mouthes and puppy dog rear ends. We tend to have more than a fair share of keyboard comandoes and jaw waggers.

However, I do take umbridge at your remarks regarding our military. It may not be the worldest mightiest force. However, many men and women are brave and strong soldiers. Unfortunately they often find their hands tied by politicians and buerucrats. Men like Patton and Mcarthur are not allowed in any more. We have to have a kinder gentler army to win minds and hearts instead of wars. That isn't the average soldiers fault.

My question to you is, how can Canada really claim to be any tougher?

This isn't about which country is tougher. It is about, what you would do. So, what would you do besides cast stones at those with an idea?

well i don't agree with income tax paying for roads it may work differently in the states buy in Canada the 28% or so tax we pay on our fuel pays for roads (that are in crappy condition) city property taxes pay for fire departments police and schools. Income tax pays for revenue agency to collect taxes and give it to banks for interest on loaned money rather than government printing their own. And a bunch of social programs that would not be needed if our money was in the control of our government. I'm totally down with sales tax (on everything except food, clothing, heating, transportation and communication) and corporate tax. But there is zero excuse for income tax and interest unless you are trying retract the money supply. Paying your share was complete when you came home from work in the evening.

My comments about the US army is derived from the typical hollywood film that depicts the US forces as the most awsome force on earth with the most advanced equipment and extensive training. Basic training in the US would not hold a candle up to what Basic training in Canada entails. But more to the point, US forces do no actually get to use all the cool stuff in the movies infact they have to beg for proper vests and decent armor on their vehicles from politicians back home. You are right the people are great, but they sure love to bend over and take it from their own government.

Don't even get me started on GM foods and Hormones in cows, your FDA ADA are tyrants and do not protect you the way Health Canada has done. We are not perfect but we are also not departmentalized to the point that nothing can get done anymore.

America must love monsanto cause i don't understand why nobody has burned their factory to the ground. Haiti has enough sense to burn those seeds and rather starve.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

That is a fair enough and equitable answer!

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to answer, thus helping me to see things from a different perspective than my own!

That's honestly the spirit this thread was written in, and basically the reason I am on ATS... to learn to see things from the perspectives of others.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Though I am not fully comfortable sharing my plans for a SHTF scenario, I wanted to point out that if at anytime this event may happen, one thing that is constantly over looked is, who surrounds us. I think that there is a dire importance to know who your neighbors are, and what is in your immediate area at all times.

I think knowing what type of people live in your immediate area, and not just waving hello, I mean knowing the "type" of person they are is very, very important. While some are concerned with outsiders, sometimes it may be your neighbors that you must fear.

Good thread Heff, S&F.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
First off, forget the battery powered radio, get one of these bad boys:

cgi.ebay.co.uk... 255f3209f3

Got me one the other day to put in the bug out bag. It is a really good piece of kit.

I agree with not broadcasting specific plans as such on here, but I think we can all share emotional reactions to such a scenario. As such I would have to agree with the sentiments of a few folks so far, cover the door and hope it blows over. Without 'proper' information, how do you side with anyone? Although I don't live in the US I imagine if the local militias were fighting the security forces, something must be seriously wrong with the direction the government is taking.

But as I could not be sure, and have no military training whatsoever (apart from a few years of Krav Maga, pretty useless at long range
). I would just have to stick with my family.

What a nightmare to wake up in!

Star and Flag Heff!

edit on 29-1-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: To add cudos!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

First, Heff, I'm glad you agreed to join the ranks of staff, and sorry that I can't give you an applaud.

This is a scenario that my Bride and I have contemplated several times. The question is -- at least for us -- who is the group that will roll with us, that has similar or same interests?

Well, for us, living in a small island nation, the equation becomes somewhat simplified, in that if an uprising is afoot, we would surely know about it and have already chosen our 'side'. Who is the agressor? Are there police and military on one side and "chamo-clad folk" on the other?

We would have already removed ourselves from view, and gathered with our mutual assistance group (MAG). In this hypothetical situation as applied to our environment, it would be a military action against the people, most likely pepetrated by another country. We are so small, that the military, the police --- they're us!

We would not win. We COULD not win, but we would not sell our lives cheaply. A small group with superior technology could take this country, but what then? Nothing to export, nothing to steal, no ground worth holding. "They" would have to kill us all quickly, or battle us on our own terms forever. These are people that a mere two generations ago were living off the land and the sea.

As this applied to our situation when we lived in the U.S. ........ well, we thought about "red dawn" scenarios as well. Again, small groups, urban environments or rural, many lives would be lost. Where I grew up in the western U.S..... people I knew and loved and lived around -- they would never surrender their minds. They would, if caught unaware, submit to protect their families.

I've never been affiliated with groups with a penchant for camouflage -- except for that two-year military thang. People I grew up with were invisible when they needed to be, without wearing ghillie suits, in the ways of stealth and using/knowing your natural surroundings.

I really appreciate this thread in the responses and the promise of making us think. I think it's very timely and something that people might consider as things seem to rarely happen with a visible and sudden tipping point; as with the American revolution, they happen over a course of events that often lead to a defining moment, wherein people show the best and worst of themselves, and write history.

Excellent thread and food for thought.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Personally,
One of the best exchanges throughout the entire thread...

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
this is cool

more information gathering on ats

good work

Originally posted by Hefficide
How does one gather information by asking people to describe their emotional reactions to a hypothetical situation with very broad parameters?

Just out of curiosity.

~Heff

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
just making an observation

i will not answer your question so you can try to justify and prove with words that you are not gathering information. you cannot prove it. i cannot prove you are gathering information

in the current enviroment we live in people need to be very careful to the type of response they give to a 'hypothetical' situation you have outlined. a violent life threatening situation.
why, we could see if they were 'hypothetically' inclined towards violence. wouldn't that be interesting. we will have the thought police arriving next. oh, but wait there is no thought police. i wonder could we get people to share their thoughts with us.

anyway,

i reserve the rite to remain p*r*no*d .

Originally posted by Hefficide
That is a fair enough and equitable answer!

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to answer, thus helping me to see things from a different perspective than my own!

That's honestly the spirit this thread was written in, and basically the reason I am on ATS... to learn to see things from the perspectives of others.

~Heff

... in ALL aspects.

supposition made. clarification queried. assumption further qualified. appreciable respect afforded to the same.

fair dinkum to the pair of ya.

good stuff. honestly.

In the end, it's a mere hypothetical, likely found elsewhere on the web under a near myriad of situations and scenarios.

Myself, given current geographic location, should never have to anticipate such a 'be awakened to' type scenario, aside from possibly having to drive into town and finding roads closed, sentries posted or similar.

If that ever proved to be the case, I'd simply do a U-y and head back home - to prepare for whatever may come.

We're fairly well-stocked and 'ready', if you will
... not that I'm a doomsday kinda guy or anything
... and a month or three shouldn't prove much of a burden or issue to make it through, if the S were to HTF

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
**Bear with me, though I start with Egypt, I do have a point. This will not derail the thread.**

Well, this is what is happening in Egypt right now. Due to cultural differences, I would say that some things are different between how it looks there and what it would look like here or another Western country.

I will say that if CNN or FOX are any indication, the news media will go on with their typical word games: Chaos in Egypt. I saw an Egyptian woman who begged them to stop referring to it as chaos, but then after the interview, the same segment (CNN) was still called "Chaos in Egypt".

The news personalities all discuss the rampant violence and looting, but ignore the political issues, other than how they affect the US or Israel. They mention the billions in aid we give Egypt, but do not really put it into context for the American viewer.

At this moment, I have heard discussion of Vodafone and other telecoms, at the behest of the Mubarak regime, shutting down communications. However, no mention of Vodafone, FedEx, CocaCola and other American-based and Multinational Corporations, as well as the American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) and their presence in the nation of Egypt, or how AmCham represents 20% of Egypt's GDP.

Where is the understanding that CNN is showing status quo (corporations) as victim of or, at worst, beholden to the government, rather than in cahoots.

And back to the US. My thought on the OP's scenario would be the following: do I know the relevant context for the grievances expressed by the dissident faction? If the dissident faction is violent, will I take part (probably not). Would I side with the military (no, not that either - still violent).

It is unnatural for anyone to have a fantasy that we can go from the way things are today directly to armed revolution. We are SKIPPING a major step: mass protests.

On CNN, the anchors in the studio were careful to correct themselves. After having mentioned the violence and protests (always linking those two words) in Egypt, one says something like "Let's now go to So-and-so in front of the UN in NYC for coverage of protests...er, um...demonstrations really in front of the UN."

What is the difference between the following words:

Violence ~~~~~~~~ Protests ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Demonstrations

Why would protests be inherently violent? This is the crux that enables the possible rhetoric of violent extremist protest and/or rioting (the two words are conflated anyway) in the establishment media.

As such, the word protest is a dirty word. Demonstration, which seems as innocuous as when it is applied to the stupid food chopper infomercials or the guy on the sales floor at Home Depot who wants to show you a new product.

Riot = debauchery / wantonness
Protest = testifying (test) to something by pushing it forward (pro) into the public arena.
Demonstrate = point something out clearly or entirely

Why is the news media in this country a victim of semantic confusion?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
We are all Human and when pushed and backed into any corner resort to animalistic resources for survival.Currently ,I or you ,don`t live in egypt or all the other places where its occurring,so we can`t make a judgemant as we are not in that corner quite yet.
I hope that this scenario does not happen and that disasters that may contribute ,don`t happen but unfortunately we all live for tomorrow,and nobody knows what tomorrow will bring .

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
just pick those of that cross you thresh hold you family comes first

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Im not trying to derail a thread .....All I will say is be careful what you post here because your words are permanant and could be used against you if the situation were to unfold as such.

Just sayin'....it's never a great idea to broadcast to the world what you will or wont do. Some things are best kept to one's own self.

I shouldn't do this as it might be against the rules

+1

Star for you

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
In all honestly, what I really think I'd do is run out and tend the wounded on both sides and probably get myself killed in the process.

If fighting were that close to my home, I couldn't live with myself to do anything else.
As for dying, big deal. I've done it before and I'll do it again soon. I'll survive.

But, if it went down in a city, I'd probably just stay tight and not go out.

I do not think that is the way to any sort of successful revolution for the USA. In the USA we are all pretty much armed. I don't think you would ever see the stuff going on in Egypt here. I may be wrong, but I just don't think that is viable enough a method to gain that sort of momentum.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Nobody really commented on my side of the reaction. Probably for the paranoid side of things.

Let me just clarify something to everyone that might see this as information gathering and criminalizing and what not.

I have been on ATS for a number of years now and throughout here and various other plateaus of the world wide web, I have openly called for and spoke of action of a violent revolution in this country. I have even vouched that I would gladly be a part of its inception on many occasions.

What I find funny is how the entire time people have told me to keep my mouth shut for fear of big brother, yet I have never been contacted, I have never been spoken too about my ideas or conversations, and only once have I seen any evidence that I may have been being watched in any way shape or form.

The paranoia is just that: paranoia. Wheter hypothetical or if it was a current event, it wouldn't make a difference because the government isn't going to care about people who "sit at home and try to survive", they are only going to care about those who actually stand for something and decide to fight.

I think a better situation, and a more streamlined - to the point discussion would be thus:

Situation:

You wake up, there is a revolution outside your home. Do you fight for your freedom or do you cower and hope that the status quo returns to the exact same thing it was yesterday? - miserable, monotonous, classless, and corrupt.

That sounds a bit more reasonable to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Fortunately for us, we have a situation where it would take a long time for any situation to get to us where we are - even in this residential area. I suspect that I like many here and on other sites have run through this scenario in our minds.

But the question remains. How does one even discuss this with others without becoming a target? Your IP doesn't give an exact location but the ISP would be able to show the assigned IP for a given modem so a direct answer probably isn't smart.

I would make sure that I have an adequate supply of eating supplies (suggestion: powdered meal replacements gives you both fluids and nutrition) as well as something that most people don't consider any more with all the talk about bug out bags and evac plans; safe rooms. In our case it's an EMP proof room with independent air supply. Easy to make and mask the IR signature.

Be sure to have four items on hand; a survival radio (not some cheap wind up deal but a real SW, battery powered), deep cycle batteries/solar panel, laptop and most important several active USB cables and web cams. I can set up a complete perimeter with the 6 web cams we have and our battery bank is enough for several days of power without setting up the panels.

Oh yeah, any neighbors come knocking there are two requirements and only two: either food or patrol ability. All others need not apply.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The scenario of waking up to a revolution means you are not part of the revolution. It is then too late to take sides, and you should just hide.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

The people who are filled with excitement and hope for a revolution to begin have NO clue what this is going to entail. NONE. In fact it angers me to see people salivating for it. I remember what it was like when military AND armed thugs took control over the reservation during the occupation in Wounded Knee II. I WATCHED people get shot at in front of me. I watched women crying when the body of their husband/boyfriend/son/daughter was brought to them dead because a thug or military killed them. THAT WAS revolution and it was NOT something one wants to wish for. Cause I tell you once something like that starts, you'll wish to hell it never did. We lived without electricity for 2 months. We had no access to roads, as the thugs sat out there armed to the teeth just waiting to mess with you and get a shot in. We had very little food, because we were robbed at gun point. My mother was forced to hand over every stitch of blankets, clothes, and food we had. I fell asleep at night listening to gun fire and I remember my parents fearing for our lives. And guess what? My dad had guns, and what good did they do him? NONE. Cause when you have thugs AND military at your door and your back is against the wall, you won't be firing off at anyone or you find yourself, your parents, or your dog dead.

The tough talk going on around here won't be so tough once this gets going. I've sat back and watched this long enough, and some people after watching the goings on in Egypt think it would be cool if this were going on here. I think it will eventually happen but do not wish and dream for this nightmare. It's wayyyy different in real life than what you are watching on TV and youtube vids.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join