It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the real purpose of the CIA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
For those of you who think the CIA is all powerful, and behind every thing bad that happens, I just want to know, what do you think it's all for?

Do they want to control the world?

Are they essential to the NWO?

Are they trying to create a police state here in the US? If so, for what?

I've heard mention that they're trying to keep Bush in office, but there were terrorist attacks during Clinton's second term...were those in order to keep him in office beyond what's legal?

The CIA has been around since 1947, if they are trying to take over the world, why are they taking so long?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The CIA was originally known as the OSS.

They are the information gathering tool of the USA Government. They are tasked with "knowing everything" (supposedly) and have special projects for the gathering of that "intelligence". They are of course much more than that, having been primarily the spies and counter spies.

Oops almost forgot the political aspect, oh wait no I didn't...

[edit on 12-7-2004 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
The CIA has been around since 1947, if they are trying to take over the world, why are they taking so long?
You will have a hard time to believe just how much this agency has in terms of Intelligence for other Countries. I came across a website that had some of the information they collect, right down to names of people in certain departments overseas.

I believe that the CIA is one agency for the Elite of the USA to control and make changes to situations that the Elite deem unfit. For example, 9/11. They carried it out with precision because the Elite who run the United States needed a war of some kind for a numer of reasons, oil, profit for the big corporations, establishing colonial rule over other Countries.

CIA is an essential and much needed component of the NWO, there is no doubt about that. It is an organization that receives Billions in funding. It is a structure entirely made of human resources dispersed all over the world, where there is not much needed for building etc. Maybe just weapons.

The police state is only natural to have more control over the people. They will have more power to spy on you and stop any type of organized activity that is deemed harmful to the regime they support. For example, they could put a CIA agent into one Political Activist group and have that person commit a terrorist attack, which causes the Political Activist group to suffer and dismantle as a result.

CIA is taking so long because it is gradual. 9/11 was a good step, and it was a big one. The attack or emergency before the upcoming elections will further NWO agendas.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The purpose of the CIA is to be the "public arm" of the U.S. intelligence community. It does serve, in part, as a focal for gathering, compiling, analyzing and presenting U.S. intelligence. But not all eggs lie within its basket, nor should they.

Like any healthy community, all U.S. intelligence does not live in the same house. Some folks live on the main streets, some on the back streets, and some live way out in the woods.

Like any good intelligence-oriented agency, the CIA is a good resource for information, but a poor tool of control. They have done some brilliant ops and have managed some very effective disinformation programs (including those which portray themselves as incompetent -- don't believe it!), but others are more suited to the really hard-core stuff.

Those who think the CIA is behind everything are not seeing the forest for the trees, and they wouldn't have it any other way.

AF1

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
To be good at lieing.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I've found some information relating to the CIA and how they operate. For example:

organize their agent networks on a "cell" system,
with small groups who meet and carry out specific activities.

Hmm...doesn't that sound like how Al-Qaeda operates?
Or should I say, Al-CIA-duh.

it would allow the CIA to commit a terrorist
attack with extremely little risk of exposure -- to achieve a greater level of
interference in the affairs of foreign governments.

The above quote relates to how they use front people, or proxies, for their terror attacks.

The CIA even admits they will face challgenges in the new world order.

Click here for information.

Click here for information.

[edit on 12-7-2004 by IMMORTAL]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
So majic you imply that mostly the CIA is the distracting left hand while the right hand (military intelligence?) is doing the action. MI gets about 4/5ths of the intelligence budget doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I wouldn't characterize it as a left-hand/right-hand relationship, and in fairness, the CIA is huge and does the lion's share of the intelligence workload in conjunction with NSA, NRO and the like. They do an incredible amount of heavy lifting when it comes dealing with the massive volumes of intelligence data that must be managed in a useful way, and they have some of the best analysts on the planet.

Rather, my point is that the CIA is not the "spook behind every tree". They do all kinds of interesting things, and have a massive budget to do them, but they don't do everything, and do not participate in every program. There are special agencies and teams organized for specific purposes that are more suited to the really sensitive cloak and dagger stuff.

Some coordinate with agencies like the CIA, some are 100% lone wolves and most are short-lived, disbanding once their objectives are met. Many are so sensitive that they have no formal names, operate tiny, cell-like teams and handle no significant data (such as their objectives) except by word of mouth. That's pretty secret.

While there may be some overlap, duplication, rivalries and occasional blockages, my understanding is that the DIA and armed service intelligence organizations coordinate and share information fairly well both directly with the CIA and through JCS liaisons. As for their budgets, they aren't starving.

Of course, I'm not in a position to know anything, but the really big bucks don't come out of taxpayers' pockets, if you get my drift.

And never forget that anyone who is actually in a position to know anything about this stuff would never say anything about it on a public forum, so consider the source.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The Central Intelligence Agency is alot like the in-house Marketing Department of the Corporate Republic of America.

Primarily (in it's business definition) it serves a Marketing Research function in it's intelligence gathering by development and execution of data collection programs, some in house and some through relationships with suppliers (which could be anything from Internet research to subject torture). It also serves as the library of said Intelligence establishing norms and identifying trends through it's second funtion of Analysis. Thirdly, projections are made with either recommendations to it's business clients (Executive Branch or Legislative) or fully undertaken in-house Marketing initiatives of an Advertising, Public Relations or Implementation nature.

This business model is not a far cry from an accurate representation at all. The CIA engaged a PR firm in London the year leading up to the new product roll out of "Democracy" in Iraq, which was engaged in the advertising and public relations strategy of "selling" the product to various publics through targeted marketing.

Of course, during the cold war...such propaganda was mostly handled in-house by the CIA...but as with most things, it's now outsourced. Here's an article from the Council of Public Relations about some of the private PR firms really running the War on Terror (as engaged by the CIA, Pentagon and State Department). All of which means, that the current CIA is cutting more checks these days than doing it's own work.

Speaking of which, I'm available ya Spooks!

top topics

join