It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holograms Of Staff To Help Airport Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Holograms Of Staff To Help Airport Security

news.sky.com

Passengers at Manchester Airport will be greeted by holograms of staff from next week in a bid to reduce security check queues.
The technology has been developed with Musion and the holograms are carefully prepared to retain maximum transparency and strength.
The holograms will be in place in Manchester Airport from Monday. Other airports around the UK are currently investigating their installation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
uk.news.yahoo.com

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46a5be4d413f.gif[/atsimg]

If passengers ignore real live people, they're supposed to pay attention to a hologram? Well, if you're out of ideas, I guess it seems great.

"Hey, that hologram was so cool."
"Was it saying something, though?"
"I dunno, I was too busy noticing how cool it was."

But indeed the 80's future is already here.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
But indeed the 80's future is already here.

This made me laugh because it's so true.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

ohh SO kool..

now if we could get holograms to listen to our questions......

well it could be a real advance, because "humans" don't listen, now !!

lol just thinking out-loud..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Okay..so what would happen if someone begins to spit at the hologram, i mean were will the spit end up...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman
reply to post by RUSSO

ohh SO kool..

now if we could get holograms to listen to our questions......

well it could be a real advance, because "humans" don't listen, now !!

lol just thinking out-loud..

Allow me to correct you...

Humans do listen, but they simply do not pay attention.

were as holograms will pay attention but will not listen.....hope that makes some form of logic.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
after reading some of the article to my girlfriend she wanted to know, are they still gonna be able to fondle us and grope our children? i d on't see how this is going to improve lines, but i'll tell you what will happen...

the program will glitch, someone is gonna get pissed and sure enough, get hauled off to some dark little room for acting suspicious... rights denied, cuffed or even jailed, all because of some "cool, new gizmo". but that's just my opinion

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Anyone out there know if you can Photoshop a hologram ??? Some of the Manchester staff really need some help

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46a5be4d413f.gif[/atsimg]

Incredible.
The stupid woman is grinning delightedly, totally ignoring the fact that an equally brainless hologram is about to take her job.

At least the TSA staff are safe. No-one knows yet how to make a hologram which will harrass passengers and molest them by poking their most private places. They could, however, make some which would giggle and appear to jack off while perving at the "near enough to nude" scanner images.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Unionize/Organize all employees. Copyright self image. Negotiate higher wages due to the image the airport is "employeeing" take union fees and buy Gulfstream 2 skip the whole security breach BS>

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by highseer
Anyone out there know if you can Photoshop a hologram ??? Some of the Manchester staff really need some help

Hey thanks a million, you have successfully managed to ruin my keyboard as the coffee was spilled over it while reading your comment.

only for those with a sense of humor.
edit on 28-1-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
they dont look like the traditional holgram that first comes to mind ( light projection only) . By looking at the scond picture with the male hologram/employee, he is resting his arm on the hologram. So it appears to just be an ellaborate tv screen not a 3d light projection.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Incredible.
The stupid woman is grinning delightedly, totally ignoring the fact that an equally brainless hologram is about to take her job.

I was about to post the same thing. 1'st they tell you the hollogram will help the staff, but the really thing is the staff will be fired soon.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Originally posted by highseer

Hey thanks a million, you have successfully managed to ruin my keyboard as the coffee was spilled over it while reading your comment.

only for those with a sense of humor.
edit on 28-1-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

Yeh, the hologram seems better than the original.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well, yes these holograms look cool and neat and new and fun... but. How about the loss of every single employee that is to be replaced by such a hologram?

Do you remember the coporations first step? The first step was to outsource human labor from developped countries to under-developped ones in order to save a buck. Now, technology helps eliminate jobs all together through such applications.

Of course, for the first year, a few staff and techs will remain on site but once they (government, corporation) realize the profits and reduced expenses that are to gain with such applications, it won't be long before they lay off thousands upon thousands of people in many fields, not only airport security.

Just to give you an idea: police traffic holograms, commercials holograms, tourguide holograms, museum guide holograms, information desk holograms, reception holograms... all this is just the tip of the 'massive lay-off' iceberg' that is this new 'COOL' technology.

Kudos, it's still cool though haha.

top topics

join