It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't those recruiters leave me ALONE!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Greetings everyone. Yesterday afternoon an army recruiter came to my door once again just like they did months ago and asked me if I was willing to go back to active duty or the reserves, I told him I wasn't interested and sent him on his way. Why do they keep coming after me? You'd think that after doing six years only to get stop-lossed for an additional year would be enough service to your country and leave to live a normal life, but they still come after me. I left the army because I was tired of getting sent to a 3rd world country and doing things that I would other wise not want to do.

I have been to Iraq 3 times in the past and I am sick and tired of going back to that degredation and slave work. Waiting for a whole year each time you go only to see if you get out of there alive or in a box. While my family suffer wondering if I would ever come back. I will not put them through the same situation again. I am home for good this time and I am here to stay. No more blood for oil or
the back of trucks to move them out of the way.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
They probably won't ever stop coming to your door. I applaud your efforts to serve 3 times for your country. Although you realize now what that was all about please don't loose hope in America. I believe in this country and its people. There is more good then bad although they would have you feel differently, its just not true. America can come out of this in a big way learning big lessons if our leadership dare take us there. HOORAH SOLDIER!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
A wise decision, I salute you. Let BO and the Government do their own dirty work, Place family first...That's the most important thing you can do.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I am just glad i will never join no military ever. Sad for those who do, but in the end its your choice, no matter how much persuasion is done by them.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Maybe next time, if you answer your door wearing a pink tu-tu, they'll put you on their "No" list?

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Sounds like your MOS is something they want. You did six years? Normal is four. And a year stop-loss? Are you a linguist by any chance? Recruiters also have quotas they are trying to fill. Seems to me a simple, "No, thank you." would suffuce. Thank you for your service.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
Maybe next time, if you answer your door wearing a pink tu-tu, they'll put you on their "No" list?

Just sayin'

You may be onto something here. Maybe if I just open the door just wearing a towel just might do the trick. Although that just might make em stay longer.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Sounds like your MOS is something they want. You did six years? Normal is four. And a year stop-loss? Are you a linguist by any chance? Recruiters also have quotas they are trying to fill. Seems to me a simple, "No, thank you." would suffuce. Thank you for your service.

Well I was a 13B (Field artillery) and is mostly a combat MOS, so maybe thats why they want me back. Seems like they need bodies more then ever if their coming after me. They trained us as infantry since Howitzers are pretty outdated now but still I will tell them again next time they come that I am simply not interested. I know another language but it is not Iraqi.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Also you could subscribe to "your a queen" magazine or something if there is such a thing. Order oestrogen hormones or something also.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I was wondering. If they come back and bother you to no limit can you sue them? I mean invasion of privacy am I right? would be worth it to make them eat their words.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Stop-loss! because: I grew up a screw up!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I remember when i was thinking about Joining, ..... they just pester you like a mofo.

You have a couple of options brother, ..... next time he comes over, tell him your moving, ... and give him your "new" address and phone number, .... so they update it in their files.

... or you could have someone else answer the door and tell them you died, .... for added fun make up something cool and original, ..... like you died trying to fight a gorilla who escaped from the zoo.

be creative

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Next time they come over just answer the door using a cane or a crutch or walk with a bad limp and let them know you are combat ineffective and not suitable for a combat theater. I had one show up back in 2007 and asked if I would be interested in re uping in the reserves I told him hell no and to get the hell off my property and that gos all the way down the mountain. Never herd or seen any seance.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Next time they come to your door...just do this..

bet they will cross your name off the list..

edit to add: what the hell is wrong with them?? Haven't you been through enough??
I really feel for you and hope that they soon give up and let you get on with your life..
edit on 1/30/2011 by tribewilder because: I wanted too!!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I think I know what you mean by being "creative". Next time they come for me, I will have a spliff in hand and blow smoke in their faces.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Im already getting my checks from vererans affairs for some of my injuries during combat. I don't think I could be effective in combat anymore like I use to so maybe they just want someone to monitor the radio or even worse, gate security.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

As long as they don't haul me off to he looney bin, will give it some though. Got less then 6 months left with IR so by then they can't send me anywhere even if they tried.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Eat up, get chubby. Seriously. Add something like 50lbs over what your ideal would be. Probably not the best for your own health though, but if they figure you won't be passing any PT for a while they'll probably leave you alone and not bother you again.

At least in my experience that worked in conjunction with politely telling the Navy no thanks. Maybe it'll work for the Army?

The hard part of that strategy is getting the weight back down. Still got 25lbs to go.

Of course some people would wonder "You're in the Navy in a ship, why would you want out of that?" True, 600 miles out of the line of fire on average and being a moving target at that. Nobody was shooting at me personally... But so many possible deathtraps can be made by the mistakes of shipmates or yardies during certain maintenance activities, it's not funny. It's one hell of an industrial environment. (And just the aircraft themselves during flight ops presented more looming danger than any adversary imo. The fact there are few accidents says just how amazing the pilots and airwing company are, even if a bit too full of themselves at times.) That and stress in general from a disorganized command and living in cramped quarters... Six years is enough of that.
edit on 4-2-2011 by pauljs75 because: text formatting

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

I remember my lil bro getting kicked out of the navy. He was on ISS pelelui or something like that and was discharged for drug possession and DUI. They never asked for him to return, EVER! I also recall some of my buddy's in Iraq got sent home early because they got caught smoking some shrubs on the piss test and got sent home early from Iraq. Seems like the opposite happened to me. I actually lost weight after getting out of the army, then again not much to do when your back in the states and just returned. Those recruiters won't have it easy next time.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Because we are stripped bare by all the wars in which we are engaged. Obviously the recruiters are hoping to wear you down, and probably get more points towards their quota's if they get a vet to return. At some point you are just going to have to start ignoring the knock, or get up and slam the door in their face, if that's how you feel.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well unfortunately for you they just repealed don't ask don't tell.

My male friends would just tell the recruiters they were gay and never got a call again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join