Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why won't those recruiters leave me ALONE!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Well unfortunately for you they just repealed don't ask don't tell.

My male friends would just tell the recruiters they were gay and never got a call again.

Damn! So much for that trick. They might as well introduce a draft again if their that desperate for bodies. The things they do to get some more.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

There is a great saying: "I love my Country not my Government"

Although they would like to conflate and confuse the two, that's how they exploit genuine patriotism for meaningless wars ... it's sad

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Okay bro I'll tell you why. As an Army Recruiter currently serving we get these leads that come down from ADHQ. Until we contact them face to face we get beat up over them. Recruiting is not like the regular Army. Everything rides on making your mission(quota). Failure is not tolerated. Remember the dirtbag who never came to formation on time....missed movement....lost or damaged gear...you know...every squad has one. Well if you don't make the mission you are in the same boat as the typical screw up. The worst part is that We are NCOs and are EXPECTED to make things happen. When you fail the mission you start hearing things like direlection of duty, poor performance NCOERs, etc. etc.
A lot of our processes are automated and even if we terminate a lead it pops back in after a while. The station commanders who are permanent recruiters will tell us to go see the guy (especially if you don't answer the phone). 80% of recruiters are detailed and just trying to get through thier 3 year tour. Personally I hate recruiting and having to do all of this stupid stuff.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStand

Okay bro I'll tell you why. As an Army Recruiter currently serving we get these leads that come down from ADHQ. Until we contact them face to face we get beat up over them. Recruiting is not like the regular Army. Everything rides on making your mission(quota). Failure is not tolerated. Remember the dirtbag who never came to formation on time....missed movement....lost or damaged gear...you know...every squad has one. Well if you don't make the mission you are in the same boat as the typical screw up. The worst part is that We are NCOs and are EXPECTED to make things happen. When you fail the mission you start hearing things like direlection of duty, poor performance NCOERs, etc. etc.
A lot of our processes are automated and even if we terminate a lead it pops back in after a while. The station commanders who are permanent recruiters will tell us to go see the guy (especially if you don't answer the phone). 80% of recruiters are detailed and just trying to get through thier 3 year tour. Personally I hate recruiting and having to do all of this stupid stuff.

Thank you for your reply. I always had a hunch that it was all protocol but your answer has really shed some light into my situation. I had to follow missions as well and although I mostly didn't agree with them I still carried them out till the end. I wish you luck in the future and sorry for any misunderstandings.

$tar for you.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Stop-loss! because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join