It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Muslims will double to 5.5m in 20 years in Britain

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

British Muslims will double to 5.5m in 20 years in Britain

www.dailymail.co.uk

Muslims to make up quarter of world's projected population of 8.3billion
72 countries already have one million or more Muslims
Britain to have more Muslims than Kuwait by 2030

The Muslim population in the UK will almost double to 5.5million within 20 years, it has been claimed.

Immigration and high birth rates will mean nearly one in ten Britons will be Muslim by 2030, according to a worldwide study about the spread of Islam.

Britain will have more Muslims than Kuwait!!!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I WAS GOING TO STEER AWAY FROM THESE NEWS ARTICLES ON MUSLIMS BUT THIS ONE JUST CAUGHT ME...

More from the story:

From 1990 to 2010 the number of followers of the Islamic faith around the world increased at an average rate of 2.2 per cent annually. Last year there were 1.57billion around the world.
The British increase in the Muslim population from the current 2.8million will be mainly driven by immigration, according to figures prepared by a Washington think tank

Projections by the respected Pew Research Centre said the 40 years between 1990 and 2030 will see a fivefold rise in Britain.
In 1990 there were 1.1million Muslims in Britain, representing two per cent of the population.
By last year that figure had risen to 2.8million, or four per cent

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My VIEWS:

K, many of you will come to this thread saying 'dont bash the Muslims' or 'Let them have their way' or whatever but if you read that whole Article in The Mail you will see a reason to be afraid in 30 odd years time... maybe not for yourself but for your children.... do you think your children will be thankful for growing up where there will be less English people at school (there already is now in some places)? There will be more all Muslim schools by then too as you see the increase in Muslims, you will see the increase in other things Muslim like Mosques and schools.... i'm telling you that this is not good news!! We've let them get too far into our Society bringing with them their rules and now we will have bug problems because of it.... i only see further demonstrations but it wont just be against Fanatical Muslims, it will be against the Faith IMO. They have too many kids and they also have more than one wife.... they dont use protection so of course the populations will rise throughout the World.... It is projected that 26.4% of the World population will be Muslim by 2030... wow! I mean you read about the Christians being persecuted now... what will it be like in 2030? And it probably wouldnt just be Christians but other Faiths and those who have no Religion.

Yeh, many will come here saying dont bash the Muslims but you really should read this report..... i know i dont want to be a member of the Muslim Faith and i'm pretty sure my Children wouldnt want to be either....

Our Governments have let way too many here (In Britain) way too many, especially Labour!!

I guess the main question here is... what to do about it?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-1-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The fundamentals of Islam are to spread it, to not stop until everyone has converted.

Whether they do this by means of violence (depoulation) or reproduction, they will do what they can to achieve their goals.

If you really believe in deities, you believe you are doing the greater good for humanity by converting them. This is the what the a few irrational beliefs can do to a society/civilisation.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
WHO does the earth belong too ?
YOU are free to travel as you please .
Is it ok in your eyes for expats to all go and live in marbella and turn it from a SPANISH CITY into a uk one with pubs and fish and chip bars ?

if it wasn't for muslims where would english guys go to soak up their 8 pints and stuff themselves like fat pigs ?
HAS spain "let too many " english people in ?
Why is england a joke around europe ? because of english white people being drunken animals when abroad .

Grow up and realise your nothing more than a pawn that has been brainwashed into attacking other pawns .

YOU WILL GET NOWHERE THINKING THIS WAY _
PS IM NOT ASIAN im a white british guy but i dont give a f about peoples colour ONLY THEIR ACTIONS !

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Thanks, its getting really bad here but there are projections for other Countries too not just Britain!!

You are right though... it seems they won't stop until their Ideologies have succeeded.... these are scary times indeed... this projection isnt what i was thinking.... its just way too many..... across the globe.

I'm seeing more and more of this Burqa wearing women and the Muslim men in their dress.... especially on Fridays....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This!

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
WHO does the earth belong too ?
YOU are free to travel as you please .
Is it ok in your eyes for expats to all go and live in marbella and turn it from a SPANISH CITY into a uk one with pubs and fish and chip bars ?

if it wasn't for muslims where would english guys go to soak up their 8 pints and stuff themselves like fat pigs ?
HAS spain "let too many " english people in ?
Why is england a joke around europe ? because of english white people being drunken animals when abroad .

Grow up and realise your nothing more than a pawn that has been brainwashed into attacking other pawns .

YOU WILL GET NOWHERE THINKING THIS WAY _
PS IM NOT ASIAN im a white british guy but i dont give a f about peoples colour ONLY THEIR ACTIONS !

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

Good, good; let the butthurt flow through you.

Good job stereotyping English people, i don't drink or eat like a pig. I just deteste fascist regimes that involve supressing free speech and freedom of expression.

Fundamentalist Muslims are only extreme because of the extreme fundamentals written in the Qu'Ran. Learn to study. The "moderates" rarely stand up against the extremists because they hate the West as much as the fundamentalists do. It's quite hiliarious really.
edit on 28/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hmm...much ado about nothing?

So what if the muslim population doubles by then?

Ever notice that the vast majority of children born to immigrants are much more "socially acclimated" to the local culture?

So even if the population doubles by then, the children of the immigrants there now are far more likely to be in tune with British ideals...and if they aren't, so what? Cultures change over time....

Much ado about nothing.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I'm not White ..... and it looks like you havnt read the Projections in the Article....

Maybe you live in the Suburbs or somewhere where there isnt a lot of Muslims about.... if so, you are lucky.

If you look into the Future 20 years down the road and see what is projected in this report.... what will you be saying? I bet your views would have changed.... no doubt about it and don't tell me its sensationalism or propaganda....

You must be blind to not see what could be ahead for your children...... doesnt matter whether you are white or black or brown.... we are talking about English!!

BTW I'M JUST TRYING TO HAVE A DISCUSSION ON THIS ISSUE SO SAYING 'GROW UP' IS A BIT IMMATURE OF YOU DONT YOU THINK?
edit on 28-1-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think the numbers are projected to rise dramatically in the U.S. as well. I don't really care and don't see it being that big of a deal as long as people understand that religion is a personal affair, secular law is the way of the land, and they don't try to change that.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

The fundamentals of christianity are to spread it, to not stop until everyone has converted.

Whether they do this by means of violence (depoulation) or reproduction, they will do what they can to achieve their goals.

Fixed that bit for you

If you really believe in deities, you believe you are doing the greater good for humanity by converting them. This is the what the a few irrational beliefs can do to a society/civilisation.

Totally agree with this though.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Read post above.... I dont think you are looking at the whole picture....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Just more propaganda to turn people against people IMO dont fall for these stupid estimates and bs no one knows anything of the sort its all there theory or made up to create more fear im tired of it basically i would just take it with a grain of salt and keep control of your actions and things you can directly control if you make sure your family is ok and keep a sharp eye then you will be ok just go with the flow and live your life dont let the fear tactics take ahold they want a racial holy war is all and im not buying it they want you on there side and when they got you there they use your voice to further there agenda. On another note would this already happen givin the normal population growth as will happen all over the world with every body else ?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

So true! The kids will be up there with the bacon sarnies like everyone else. Their parents may be cultural moslems but the children run the risk of loosing their culture. Thah has what has happened with the all other immigrants. The children all blend in!

edit on 28-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

The fundamentals of christianity are to spread it, to not stop until everyone has converted.

Fixed that bit for you

Didn't need fixing. Most denominations of Christianity do not promote discrimination against non-believers or furiously wish to convert every last living soul. Mormanism, for example, explicitly condems violence. There are more "militant" forms of Christianity though.

Islam has no central figure or authority, so militant groups are left to interpret the (already) fundamentals of Islam as they wish. It doesn't help that the QuRan is extreme to begin with.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
double post sorry

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
reply to post by peck420

So true! The kids will be up there withthe bacon sarnies like everyone else. THeir parents may be cultural moslems but the children run the risk of loosing their culture. Taht has what has happened with the all other immigrants. The children all blend in!

Well... i hope you're right because all i'm seeing is burqa wearing youngsters who are of Muslim Faith.... 12,13 14.... maybe their children or the ones who are now 4 or 5.... i dunno....

I guess i'm trying to say that Religion supresses Freedom.... especially that one and you know.... just take a look at Afghanistan or Pakistan....

Anyway, opinions are appreciated by all.... i'm not here to spread fear.... just posted this for debate....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Just make sure you keep spreading the word of freedom of expression and the importance of reason and evidence to form a belief structure.

Maybe if we make our voices heard, we can convert some of those brainwashed children or perhaps even some of the adults, although for many it is too late to ask them to reason their beliefs. Perhaps we can deter other people from such nonsense. The same goes with other less fundamental religions, they are all irrational, however violent or fascist.

Our society is founded on free speech and freedom of expression, without it, women would not have a voice, homosexuals would not have a voice, and some scientific breakthroughs would be unable to happen.

This is especially important in The USA where the 1st Amendment allows for freedom of religion and freedom from it. "A wall of separation between church and state"

Don't worry no matter how far it gets down the rabbit hole, Secular goverments will not be overuled by "Allah"

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

We're not brainwashed to attack others. We are not xenophobes and we are not racist. We just hate fascist regimes, whether disguised as a religion or not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join