It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Protests Happening NOW (Live Video Discussion)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm reading that a human shield has been formed around the museum to protect it from looters. Police had allegedly fled the area. Do we have any footage of this?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Edit: Double post.
edit on 28-1-2011 by asianeko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
just saw a breaking news show on one of the leading german TV stations

how embarrassing
just 12 minutes and most of the time they were talking about the situation for tourists
they have interviewed tourists coming home from a trip to the beach ressorts of egypt
those claimed: all fine, nothing happened at the tourists cities, nothing to fear, people are so friendly

and the major travel agencies used the situation to advertise guided tours and organized travels - so don.t go on your own

and don.t stop traveling to egypt, coz in tourist centers are safe.

more than embarrassing.
and i am very ashamed of this.

not a word that they have cut off means of communications, not a word what this might mean to the world.
do they really believe that we are that stupid to follow this line?

sorry for the rant

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by asianeko

"And if America is to be a great nation this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!

Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of California!

But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!

Let freedom ring from every hill and every molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!" -MLK, Jr.

I can tell by the goosebumps on my arms that he would've included Tunisia and Egypt as well. I cannot help but watch those videos and hear this over and over in my head. "Let Freedom Ring, Let Freedom Ring!!!" It is our inalienable right, a gift of God, for man to govern himself. The US Constitution merely acknowledges it. The power comes from God and it is in each and everyone of us. When we come together, it has an activation energy that is merely unstoppable, save from the ringing of the bell of peace and freedom due to every man, woman, and child born of this world. Let Freedom RIng, Let Freedom RIng!!!"

We need a Global Freedom is Ringing Day!!! All across the world on the same day. Let them know we stand behind them and those in the pursuit of freedom and democracy. Let them establish republics. Global republics means a loosening of the thread in the quilt of the UN. We stay home from work during the world cup and this is for the freedom cup of the world which is way more important. We don't have to go to Washington DC, we dont have to go to New York, London, Melbourne , Torontom, or Paris. We do it right here in our home towns. Every local news agency would cover it because it would gather attention and be viral. You see CNN, FOX, MSNBC, AP, Reutuers, etc. they can control what Virginia sees about California but they cannot control local channel 7, or local 25 or whatever. Simply everybody gather at all the bus depots and stops in your town. And agree to walk around your town just walk, sings songs saty on the sidewalks and don't get off the sidewalks. Let freedom ring. It will be on every station local and it will be on youtube and it will be viral. Shall we discuss?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Where is Iran in all this?

Iran cleric: Mideast unrest replay of our 1979 Islamic revolution
Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami said protests in Egypt, Tunisia show the era of 'Western-backed dictators' in the Arab world is over.
www.haaretz.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by asianeko

Tv4 news of Sweden filmed it and showed me just some minutes ago...
So yes its confirmed..

Army personell and people there protecting the museum.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Mubarak speaking now.

Trying to pretend he supports freedom of expression of people and democratic reforms . . Ongoing speech.

Sounds like BS to me.

My impression is that he's desperately trying to cling to power, making all sorts of empty promises and trying to discourage 'chaos and destruction'.

He has asked the government to step down.

But looks like he will try to stay.
edit on 28-1-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
MUBARAK SAYS "I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE, BUT WE WILL RE-ELECT THE REST OF THE GOVERNMENT TOMMORROW"
MAN MUBARAK JUST DON'T GET IT DOES HE?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yep, Mubarak has dissolved the Goverment but will stay himself.

At that crowds on streets began chanting for him to go even louder.

He also gave veiled warnings that he wont tolerate 'chaos'.

Wont be enough to satisfy the people.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Now Egypt is something interesting indeed as the USA has supplied Mubarak with weapons and money earlier..
So USA's stance/role in this could be worth thinking about deeper... "Close friends" is what they have named Mubarak and USA's relation.

Many of us know that it ain't nothing new to USA through agents and stuff starting revolutions and rebellions to overthrow democrally-elected-governments in countries through-out their history... All in secret ofc...

Look up Zeitgeist 2 "Addendum" and you'll know what I mean..

That's is why Egypt should be one special case 2 take a deeper look into..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Triztheone

In realpolitik, Mubarak is expendable to the US.

It doesn't matter who runs the country as long as the Suez is open and Egypt is stable, meaning the region is stable.

Stability and traffic through the canal is really the primary concern.

If a new governement backed by the people equals stability they will support it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Jordan now too? english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Egypt protests: America's secret backing for rebel leaders behind uprising
The American government secretly backed leading figures behind the Egyptian uprising who have been planning “regime change” for the past three years, The Daily Telegraph has learned.
www.telegraph.co.uk... html

Document

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Egypt protests: America's secret backing for rebel leaders behind uprising
The American government secretly backed leading figures behind the Egyptian uprising who have been planning “regime change” for the past three years, The Daily Telegraph has learned.
www.telegraph.co.uk... html

Document

www.telegraph.co.uk...

US trying to pretend they are the Arab people's friends, BS, the US is one of the strongest supporters of the fascist Mubarak. Some could compare Mubarak the puppet, to Saddam the puppet. The difference, Saddam went out of line, Mubarak is still sucking on US's toe.

It really makes me sick, with their psychological warfare, but middle easterns are well informed, trust me, they have been forced to accept fascist US puppets ruling their nations for over half a century.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

bravo...it is an excellent time to remember the words and teachings of Dr. ML King, who was let alone when advocating for black folks, but was murdered as soon as he turned his focus to the plight of the poor and began identifying the rich as the enemy...all protesting should be peaceful and nonviolent until the police, etc. fire the first shots...to attack a people who want nothing more than freedom from fascist tyranny is inexcusable and there is no punishment harsh enough for people who imprison their fellow countrymen...lets hope this revolution succeeds, for otherwise everyone who died for the cause of freedom the last few days will have died in vain...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Latest:

at least 15 deaths in Suez confirmed

Mobile phone service is working again

Heavy military presence in Egypt's Suez city early Saturday

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The important part isn't who's under who's thumb, but the actions of the people in said country. The Egyptians are courageous people standing up to the government, and I only hope that we would be able to do the same when there is enough discontent throughout the country. The country is so polarized though, that I can't see any real issue that would make us rebel as a whole. Food prices and the like are still bearable in the U.S. but anything slips, I can tell you that I will be one of the first people organizing protests and giving speeches.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The protests are going again, and this time even more confusing. I've been watching the Facebook group "We are all Khaled Said" which has provided (to this point) accurate information swiftly, sometimes quicker that Al Jazeera. These were posted in the last two hours.

We Are All Khaled Said

Numerous reports from people on the ground confirmed that the situation now is the Egyptian Police (Amn Markazy) along with the usual plain cloths government-thugs/convicts are looting and stealing cars and making as much destruction as they can. So there plan is to cause as much chaos & destruction as possible, stick ...it to the millions of protesters & use this as an execuse to attack them

Please rest assured that NO protesters of the Egyptian people is destroying or looting anything. It's the government, police & their agents. Please help in anyway. Speak to your Leaders, government & Representatives. Protest peacefully in every country. Egyptians are being slaughtered by the dictatorship.

edit on 29-1-2011 by asianeko because: Fixed link.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
"_eastcoastgirl RT @Dannyramadan: The situation is getting scary here. Heavy shootings on The Central Bank of Egypt in Cairo. #jan25
about 1 minute ago · reply"

EDSETIADI "Egyptian Christians said they will guard the Muslims from the police while they on Friday Pray." Amazing solidarity. #Egypt #Jan25
yesterday · reply"

curfew from now on - people still on the street and waking to the States TV Station..

Live TV:
english.aljazeera.net...

@..:20
altoidamadeus RT @bataleh: Talked to Dr.Wael Banna , they need Blood at El Qasr El Eini , A lot of injured people there #Egypt #25Jan #jan25 PLS RT
2 minutes ago · reply
edit on 29-1-2011 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

EDSETIADI "Egyptian Christians said they will guard the Muslims from the police while they on Friday Pray." Amazing solidarity. #Egypt #Jan25

I saw this a few days ago and found it astounding. I can't find anything in the news to back it up, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I did however find that Muslims had protected Christians in prayer earlier this month.
edit on 29-1-2011 by asianeko because: Formatting.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join