It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Protests Happening NOW (Live Video Discussion)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Egypt Protests Happening NOW (Live Video Discussion)

news.yahoo.com

Violence escalated in two cites outside the capital Cairo Thursday where anti-government protesters torched a fire station and looted weapons that they then turned on police. Egypt's top democracy advocate returned to the country and declared he was ready to lead the campaign to oust longtime President Hosni Mubarak.

In the flashpoint city of Suez, east of Cairo, witnesses said rioters — some wearing surgical masks to ward off tear gas — firebombed the main fire station and firefighters jumped out windows to escape the flames, as heavy black smoke billowed from the building. In the nor
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.presstv.ir
english.aljazeera.net
www.CNN.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Egypt: Internet down, police counterterror unit up
edit on 28-1-2011 by asianeko because: Adding news sources.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
We already have a thread on the internet being down in Egypt, however I felt a live feed post was necessary to let everyone see what is unfolding as it happens. Discussion of the live feeds are encouraged!

As we watch, fires are breaking out, people are being gassed, and there are scenes of police vs protesters. The question is how the army will react, and who they will be siding with.

Live Streams listed below.
english.aljazeera.net...
www.presstv.ir...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-1-2011 by asianeko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
EGYPTIAN REVOLUTION. LIVE REPORT. MINUTE FOR MINUTE. HOUR FOR HOUR

LIVE UPDATE ON EVENTS IN EGYPT.

edit on 28/1/2011 by Triztheone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
A curfew has just been imposed at 6PM in Egypt, and protesters are clearly marching through the streets defying it. Police cars are set ablaze and it seems like they may be trying to roll some into the river. Protesters seem to be tearing through police forces.

The President is supposed to make an address soon, hopefully it will be shown on these feeds. I haven't seen anything yet.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by asianeko

I hope this doesnt get taken down like my thread...
these video feeds show what those in power have done with out current G20 protesters and that they are capable of much more you know TPTB do not want this feeling of freedom of the people amassing catching and spreading...!!
F&S lets get the message out. We as a people can get things done Together...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Looks like tanks are rolling in

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I was under the impression for the Al Jazeera feed that tan trucks are military, and black are police. It looks like the tan are the ones rolling in, but am I seeing police forces moving in with them as well? We still aren't sure how the military is actually going to react.

Update:

National Democratic Party headquarters in Cairo is set on fire now too!
edit on 28-1-2011 by asianeko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If they open up on the civilians all hell is gonna break loose.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
'A significant building to the government is burning now reports say'

Saw the images myself 2 on al jazeera
edit on 28/1/2011 by Triztheone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Triztheone

Its the NDP HQ.

The NDP is the ruling party.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I guess the curfew is out the window as nobody is listeneing. What is the gun control situation in Egypt? Do citizens have guns? I don't have any idea?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What scares me is the idea that the curfew may have been imposed for the sheer purpose of validating more extreme violence on the protesters.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Support for Egyptian revolution have demonstrated all across the Globe, everyone in their own nation should organize a demonstration, to back the Egyptian so that they may gain freedom. ATS needs to be more involved and active.

Demonstrations are taking place around the world in a show of unity with protesters fighting for political change in Egypt.

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I just heard Moubarek's son fled the country.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT!

CNN is downplaying the story once again.

They are doing the same thing they did when they invaded Iraq.

Aljazeera is showing the straight action and is totally coming from a citizens few, not a diplomatic few.

They treat protesters as if they are the people, not an "unknown islamic activist group" as CNN is putting it...

And they have brought up Israel at least 5 times.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by asianeko

Oh sure it is. Army is moving in. Net shut down. Nightime falls and not much to be seen of what is going on. Moubareks kid heads outta dodge. This could get very messy if the protesters keep pushing. Meanwhile Obama don't know what to do. Probably watching Tiger golfing on TV.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribaltrip
WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT!

CNN is downplaying the story once again.

They are doing the same thing they did when they invaded Iraq.

Aljazeera is showing the straight action and is totally coming from a citizens few, not a diplomatic few.

They treat protesters as if they are the people, not an "unknown islamic activist group" as CNN is putting it...

And they have brought up Israel at least 5 times.

Yeah I got CNN on the tube too. Pathetic

Yeah Hillary is gonna make a statement soon. Should inform us all as to what is going on. LOL.
edit on 28-1-2011 by HoldTheBeans because: edit

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
CNN webcam appears to be gone.

Its only Egyptian State TV now.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
they say there are protests in sweden and other countries in europe :O damn! OUT ON THE STREEETS PEOPLE!!!!
NOW!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Live Feed Al-Jazeera claims the explosions might be gun fire, it might be rubber bullet, or real bullets.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join