It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Cydonia on Mars evidence of alien artificial construction?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The Cydonia region on Mars is very mysterious. It consists of the "face on Mars" and "structures" that look like Pyramids. The interesting thing is that the layout of the Cydonia complex matches the layout of the constellation of Pleiades as it appeared in the sky 17,250 years ago. This is very similar to the Pyramids at Giza on Earth. The Giza Pyramids match the layout of the constellation of Orion as it appeared 12,500 years ago (10,500 BC)

At Cydonia what are the odds that "anomalies" match the location of almost every star in the Pleiades system? If it is artificial construction then the next question is who built them? aliens or humans? The face on Mars appears to be human.

The face on Mars was discovered in the 1970s by NASA who shrugs this off as a trick of light. But there is something really strange. In 1958 there was a comic strip titled "The Face on Mars", long before the face was "discovered"
The comic reads:

"Report from moon to mars expedition "1":
Upon reaching red planet, made discovery of startling nature....initial study of object now under way: Have measured its dimensions: analyzed its substance: present objective is to find out the secret of "THE FACE ON MARS"
www.truthism.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
yes it is dude.

Checkout the wayne herschel hidden record vids on youtube... Or on his site.. I think there's 3 of them.

The book will be even better!!

If a god came down from the skies nowadays what would we call it...

If an alien came down from the heavens thousands of years ago, what would they call it? ; )

if you've not seen it, again on youtube, watch- the secret ufo abduction files.

Peace out.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
oh yeah, this is the thing that makes me believe in ancient astronauts. It makes me believe humanlike people could have been on Mars before humans even existed on earth.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
As compelling as this circumstantial evidence may be (and it is, dont get me wrong) I personaly feel it would be folly to say that the Cydonia anomalies are strong enough on thier own to prove the case for an alien or even a precursor to our own species, having been there and built monuments .
I have to reserve my judgements on Cydonia until mankind has set foot on Mars, and investigated it from every angle, taken samples, and had a bloody good look around the specific area . I am by no means a skeptic in terms of my belief in alien life, but I trust the absolutes of the scientific method, far more than I trust the checks and balances of coincidence and circumstantial evidence.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

get the book i mentioned above.

i got the title wrong of the other youtube vid i was on about, its actually- the secret kgb ufo abduction files

dude, from the start of things we've been told what to believe, how to act etc...

everything we're going through now is all about ourselves, doing whats right and thinking for ourselves, letting go of fears egos and insecurities (the worlds been set up to fuel these), and using this new found confidence, understanding and knowledge to help others! what does that gut feeling say? what does your heart say??

if it turns out your not right about something... who cares, its no big deal, at least you tried. fair play to you, because your not going to let your ego get to you!!

you can hold me to this, if i'm wrong, i'll be cool... i garauntee you, aliens we're heavily involved in our history.. chances are they genetically engineered and taught us!!

truth really is stranger than fiction... at least untill you let go of the naive little world we've been indoctrinated into!!

peace out

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

I agree that we have been told how to act and what to think since the dawn of civilisation (whatever that actualy means these days). But my way to avoid all that is to merely observe and analyse facts, and come to conclusions based on logic.
By trusting in methods which cannot lie to me, unlike the psychological warfare involved with political analysis of a situation or subject, I feel better able to grapple with the issues surrounding alien life. In my opinion the best evidence ever put forward for life on other worlds is that which is being found by the Kepler telescope, and the fact that mars rock that fell to earth many years ago with microbial lifeforms on it. That coupled with the discovery over recent years of myriad extremophile life forms, popping up in conditions which we thought IMPOSSIBLE for life to exist in, including environments which contained no oxygen, or no light, or the recent find of microbes that had been buried for 34,000 years and had been hibernating until they were dug up, lead me to find that the evidence for life in the universe being more diverse and widespread than we could dream, is good and strong. On the individual case at hand however, we lack sufficient data to say anything further about it, other than the fact that we need to go and have a look for ourselves.
No matter your attitude to scientific method , Im sure you can agree with the idea that visiting a place is the best way to learn its secrets?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

what about the fact that the buildings of cydonia match up perfectly with the pleides system with the face in cydonia in the position of a particular star in the pleiades constelation! it lines up perfectly if you go back 17,000 years ago!!

what does the word subaru translate into in japanese? whats the subaru badge?..

compare this pic of the D & M pyramid on cydonia to a birds eye view pic of the pentagon, notice any similarities?

pentagon-

its all in plain sight dude.

have you watched the vids i suggested?

here's a link to his page. the first vid is the one i was on about. there's a part 2 on youtube- hidden records

here's some scientific evidence for life on mars- part 1 part 2

i hope we can agree that there's scientific evidence and then there's finding out all the secrets... and i can't wait to see it all for myself!! (all thought all action is creative energy!)

edit on 28/1/11 by WHOS READY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The problem with your approach is you are shooting at every direction. A fact of live is that coincidences happens.
The duplication of that area of space can happen because there are billions of constellation in our sky the chance one match is not that hard.

And if you see the videos you see he pick and choose which mountain/elevation in Mars to mark as star but left others alone to make their match with the constellation more plausible.

The "evidence":

My version:

I think this similarity is better

edit on 28/1/11 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
oh yeah, this is the thing that makes me believe in ancient astronauts. It makes me believe humanlike people could have been on Mars before humans even existed on earth.

100% correct, its just if NASA would get the story right, we'd all be in the know.

Now about the cover up, there is a body of people, who together are keeping everything from us. There is enough evidence of ET presence both on Earth, the Moon, AND Marrs to fill a dump truck.

I keep telling people here to get a reading licence, in other words start doing some research of your own as I have done. Only then will you get the true picture of whats been going on over the past 10,000 years.

We are directly decended from ET', also see my signature below, nuff said........

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I don't trust NASA's close ups of the face and pyramids. They have been heavily altered to appear natural.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensboro1978
I don't trust NASA's close ups of the face and pyramids. They have been heavily altered to appear natural.

I have to say that's close to verging on paranoia, no disrespect to you I'm just saying that I know Nasa do some weird stuff but if the thought pattern is that way then we cannot trust any images from Nasa and I think that's a way to large thing to scope.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Sure, I recognise some similarities, but no identical features other than the number of sides this object appears to have. Further than that would be impossible to say. Although there is one thing I have to point out. The Cydonian artifact you are comparing to the Pentagon building is not of a geometricaly perfect shape. It has irregular angles involved with it, something one cannot reasonably equate with the Pentagon.
Another thing you have to consider is that the Pentagon was obviously a man made structure, put together in this age of man. But mankind has had a long time to be influenced by the amazing geometry of nature, of geology in particular. Leonardo Da Vinci was a man of science as well as a man of art, an expert in form and function as well as design and beauty. Many who have looked upon the stars in wonder, at thier patterns and shapes have also been architects and engineers , and it stands to reason that should you find a shape you see in nature pleasing, you might replicate it in your art or work of creation.
Why then is this obvious possibility overlooked when people cite the similarities of shapes in architecture and art, to things found in the natural world? There was a thread here a little while ago about some bird shapped artifact from ancient South American history, which a fellow made a flying replica of. People were shouting about the idea of the artifact being proof of alien spaceships, a vital token on the balance of evidence for the ancient astronaught. They believed that because it flew, that was proof of some underlying alien genius behind its design... Logicaly speaking however, that argument is weak. Birds fly naturaly, and if a man who makes model jet planes, cannot make a bird shapped model aircraft, then perhaps he is not a good enough engineer. Seems to me that a confluence of engineering ability , and the natural shape of a bird comming together to produce a flying craft, is not proof of anything but the genius of creation, and the genius of mankind. It specificaly cannot prove the existance of, or add weight to the argument for, ancient astronaughts. Saying that it can, is a leap of faith, not of science, and that is exaclty how I feel about the issue of Cydonia. Its a matter of faith for some, which should be a matter of desire for proof instead.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

what about the triangle bit sticking out the front too!

I wonder how those sides looked when it was first built.. or formed..?

this is winterbourne stoke barrows in somerset, which is a section of the picture below-

the full thing-

which looks very similar to this-

this picture is pretty cool as well-

truth is stranger the fiction dude, let go of things and let your mind be part of the universe

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Why is it that some people cannot grasp the fact that of all the investigative methods one can use to prove anything, it will , with out any question, be the scientific method which eventualy proves the existance of alien life? Why is it that we have to bypass proper investigation, and turn everything into a Dan Brown book (one of the least intellectual authors of his generation) ?? Its a fact that science has turned up more useful evidence for life on other worlds than all the symbol following lackwits like Von Daniken and his ilk.
I will say this once more, and then leave this thread, the similarities between rock placements on one world, and the position of buildings and settlements on another, means nothing. It proves even less. It is not evidence.
It is interesting, and proper investigation may in time to come LEAD to proof, but it does not constitute evidence or proof on its own, unless you happen to be basing your arguments on your beliefs (which being human, are no doubt flawed) rather than pure scientific method which in comparison to faith, is a hell of a lot more accurate, and at least a million times more believable.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

A bit of advice for you. Before you recommend "The Hidden Records" by Wayne Herschel

anymore i suggest you read the hoax thread here on ATS "Alleged NASA Astronomer

deciphers signal from near by stars" the thread is nearly 200 pages and took 6months of

research. This lead to an e.book free to download tittled"The TRUE story behind the Hoax

heard round the world". It is a TRUE espose of the exploits of Wayne Herschel and his friend

Judy Faltskog.who have hoaxed and conned for over 20years.

Your observation TRUTH IS STRANGER THAN FICTION has never been truer read the book

and you will see................................

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I just heard about this and surprised it hasn't gotten more attention. The face thing and cydonia are sort of lacking of anything concrete, but with how it matches up with the constellation it is really something.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
mission to mars was a good movie, but I think they over sold the ending

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Have you guys ever heard of David Flynn?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Etaipo
Have you guys ever heard of David Flynn?

Yes. He's a moron. What about him?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greensboro1978
The Giza Pyramids match the layout of the constellation of Orion as it appeared 12,500 years ago (10,500 BC)

Gotta disagree on this point.

Much has been written about the alignment of the Pyramids.

Close examination of the Orion's belt theory for alignment actually falls short if you look closely you can see it is actually quite a ways off.

Try it for yourself! It is quite easy to find an overhead photo of the pyramids and also a photo of Orion's belt.

Lay one on top of the other in your favorite photo program and you will see, that no matter which way you stretch or turn it, it will never fit nicely, there will always be a big error on one point.

A much bigger error than the precision we have come to expect from the ancients who built the pyramids.

However....the following photos display a much higher precision as to alignment as we can clearly see.

I would say this would appear to be a much more productive path to explore.

Photos from -

www.andrewcollins.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join