It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: In a stunning reversal, USDA Chief Vilsack Greenlights Monsanto's Alfalfa 7

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Monsanto is a corporation

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

two words: pollen warfare.
stand just beyond their properties perimeter with pillowcase full of GODS pollen

Maybe I'm just running slow this evening, but what is GODS pollen.
I googled it, but only came up with:

Known as ambrosia or food of the gods, pollen has been used for centuries as...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Just wondering about how evil Monsanto really is...

Sure they are petitioning the Govts' to have Gm foods pushed onto the public.

But what dose Monsanto want with a private Army/Air force/Navy?

Is it true that Monsanto brought Blackwater up?

That's a rumour I heard, if it's true, then we might be looking at forced, armed conversion to GM...LOL

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Yeah, I musta missed it, cause i didn't hear them say where it was.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

Is it true that Monsanto brought Blackwater up?

It fuzzy still, at this point the conclusion I have arrived at is Monsanto definitely hired
Blackwater / Xe ....

One of the most incendiary details in the documents is that Blackwater, through [subisidiary] Total Intelligence, sought to become the “intel arm” of Monsanto, offering to provide operatives to infiltrate activist groups organizing against the multinational biotech firm.”

That means Xe was hired by Monsanto. Not that they were bought by them.

I am not up to speed if Monsanto actually purchased Blackwater. But in truth, how would we ever know?

Its enough for me to know they hired Mercs to infiltrate activist groups, and report back, and or manipulate outcomes and opinions.

Blackwater/Xe has been sold – via a shell company and a pair of private equity firms. So...

redgreenandblue.org...
redgreenandblue.org...

But let me say this. I have just added this to my to do list, and I will get to the bottom of it.

In the mean time, guilty as charged!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It's about killing us off, not money. Don't you get it? We will win in the end, but there won't be much left.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Don't forget to blame the right guy...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a093c2aa8041.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well I'm sure you can guess why Monsanto gets away with what it does.

Monsanto spent $6,560,000 for lobbying in 2010. $1,030,000 was to outside lobbying firms with the remainder being spent using in-house lobbyists.

Source

They use brutal tactics in harrassing local farmers that don't use GMO seeds yet are contaminated by other farmers in their area that do use GMO seeds. I can't believe courts keep siding with Monsanto and the likes. They can't control their product to keep it in the boundaries of the fields where it's planted and then sue the farmers who are contaminated and win for patent infringement. It's disgusting!

They use goons to scare and harrass farmers and launch expensive and frivolous lawsuits in the hopes of bankrupting them.

The myth behind GMO is that farmers will get a higher yield per acre which is proving not to be true.

Genetic modification actually cuts the productivity of crops, an authoritative new study shows, undermining repeated claims that a switch to the controversial technology is needed to solve the growing world food crisis.

Source

The other myth is that GMO crops require less Pesticides than non-GMO. Except for Cotton this is also untrue, most weeds cross-breed with the the GMO plants turning them into "Super-weeds" requiring more and more pesticide use.

Biotech companies have continually promised that genetically modified (GM) crops will benefit the environment. But now the countryside in the United States is suffering because of the rush to embrace GM. A new study has revealed that pesticide use has increased by a massive 73 million pounds (33,112 metric tonnes) since US farmers started to grow GM crops commercially in 1996. The report compared the average weight per acre of pesticides used on GM crops to the weight used on conventional crops. The 73 million pound difference between the two is primarily due to the introduction of Herbicide Tolerant (HT) crops, particularly GM soya. These crops are genetically modified to be resistant to a particular pesticide, allowing it to be used indiscriminately to kill pests. But many farmers then have to spray greater quantities of herbicide on their GM crops, as weed species adapt to GM and become harder to control. In some cases, the weeds are even developing a genetic resistance to the herbicide.

Greenpeace(take it or leave it as source)

They need to be stopped!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It is saddening what $$ and corrupt power can do. But, we take our lumps and we stand back up. It's the only way.

People saying maybe we deserve this... No, that's not the way to look at. Folks, all of us can at least talk to other people about it. Just dedicate some time to the cause. A link on Facebook or a message board, flyers.

I need everyone to understand, we have not failed, we are still working toward a resolution. Monsanto must be held accountable for their crimes, and I can say the same thing about quite a few organizations, but this is a Monsanto thread.

Organicconsumers.org has a nice link here. Have a look. Want to help? This could be a good place to start.

organicconsumers.org...

Troy

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Lobbyists don't make laws - Politicians that are bought by lobbyists make laws.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a093c2aa8041.png[/atsimg]

edit on 29-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: sp

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

I will lay the sickness of many, cancer and deaths of millions of bees at the feet of both.
I only hope that along with all of the non GMO seeds they are taking to the giant
Svalbard Seed Vault they are taking some precious honeybees, and bumblebees.

edit on 29-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

You got it.

The ability to sell out your own species is a genetic abnormality.

If there are aliens, I am sure they are aware of our deficiencies...and are laughing.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I completely agree. I also suspect that there may be a major connection here with chemtrails. I wonder if anyone has tested GMO resistance to aluminum and barium?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Do you want to know what it is to live in a world without food?

See this movie:

The Road (2009)

"You have to carry the fire."

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It seems like canned foods and twinkies are becoming much more reliable than actual vegetables.

I should stock up on that Trader Joe's beef chili I saw on sale last week.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
1/ when so far : just go into the fields and DESTROY all crops - see France for exemple :
www.abovetopsecret.com...
therefor we need courage, in US they wear many guns all over their body but do they way have BIG COURAGE ??? I wonder ....

2/ Just a little curious about how a crop circle would look like within a GMO crop field
???
3/ necessary to have lots of discussions with farmers into their organisations : solidarity with the farmers is very important !! They can unite and organise themselves against this satanic franken food !!
Courage everybody ! the times they are a'changing, do you feel it ? people all over the world want real freedom, fight for it and do not have fear any longer !! Unite we stand against the liers and the murderers of our freedoms and HUMAN values and living !!!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Its scary how my government is pushing Monsanto on other countries!

In response to moves by France to ban a Monsanto GM corn variety in late 2007, the ambassador, Craig Stapleton, a friend and business partner of former US president George Bush, asked Washington to penalise the EU and particularly countries which did not support the use of GM crops.

They are even trying to influence the Vatican

The US state department special adviser on biotechnology as well as government biotech advisers based in Kenya lobbied Vatican insiders to persuade the pope to declare his backing. "… met with [US monsignor] Fr Michael Osborn of the Pontifical Council Cor Unum, offering a chance to push the Vatican on biotech issues, and an opportunity for post to analyse the current state of play on biotech in the Vatican generally," says one cable in 2008. "Opportunities exist to press the issue with the Vatican, and in turn to influence a wide segment of the population in Europe and the developing world," says another.

The Guardian

There are even ties with Monsanto and weather modification programs in the US. Monsanto has created GM seeds that are resilient to the same chemicals sprayed into the air.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I can't imagine that the Earth will allow us to behave so barbarically for too much longer. The minute Monsanto's RoundUp system came out, they should have been sued to high heaven.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

I posted some info on that a while back, was ridiculed as you will see in my thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some people, like head in the sand. However, the good folks in Hawaii will tell you
they have been spraying for a long while, and the crops show it.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Evil corporations like Monsanto are unstopable. Only thing what will stop them will be genocide of all living things. When will be no one left to consume their products..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join