It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: In a stunning reversal, USDA Chief Vilsack Greenlights Monsanto's Alfalfa 7

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
Do you want to know what it is to live in a world without food?

See this movie:

The Road (2009)

"You have to carry the fire."

You know, im not even watching your link and I think you're disgusting.

Hey guess what rich guy lucky enough to be born in a developed country, every 5 seconds of everyday somebody starves from lack of food.

Let me repeat that again maybe if you did not understand that

18,000 PEOPLE EVERY SINGLE DAY OF YOUR ENTIRE LIVES HAVE BEEN DYING, AND DYING BECAUSE OF OUR GREED FOR $$$$

So now that you know we indeed do live in a world without enough food, I can only hope that it effects you in your lifetime and maybe you will understand, but you never will unless the supermarket shuts down. Grow up.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
This is a very serious issue.

Every person should read "The world according to Monsanto".

It's like a nightmare in real life.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
the devil isn't even as evil as monsanto

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
the weak will die the strong will survive, its called life. spread the word and inform everybody but nobody will do anything about it. arnt you people sick of this merry go round??? what exactly are you all waiting for??? a leader ???

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Who elected these guys at the FDA and USDA? It seems that any candidate for the US Presidency should name his appointments during the election. You vote for the Pres and the VEEP but you get unelected czars and others that may not share humanity's morals. Although in this case, Obama (that lyin' SOB) fooled us all anyway.

Monsanto = EVIL. They must be stopped. Anybody willing to self-immolate in front of their corporate headquarters?
Maybe Vilsak could volunteer...the bastard!

Jason

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Ha! Do you think a petition is going to stop Monsanto?

"Gosh, people seem to be upset about our genetically modified seeds that we've been developing for our globalist masters, perhaps we should stop making them. We wouldn't want to upset anyone."

Please. I personally believe that we are past the point of no return, and all these globalist NWO organizations will eventually need to be met with extreme force. Not that I like that scenario, but petitions aint gonna do jack. Neither are elections. These people are doing what they do regardless of who is in power.

Yet we keep "discussing" it and doing nothing. Do you they'll let us discuss it some more in the gulags? Egyptians are done discussing, I dare say.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I read a lot of hyperbole on this website -- a lot of alarmism.

But THIS is no joke -- there is NO UNDO of a GM crop.

GM modification, has already show that species can "borrow" genes from unrelated plants and animals -- it changes the concept of evolution as "survival of the fittest". There is much more synergy in nature than the simple concept of "Darwinism." Even Darwin recognized this, but did not study it as it was beyond his means at the time -- he could only hypothesize on other factors that MIGHT effect evolution.

>> So what is next? GM Algae? What happens if it wipes out and outcompetes natural Algae -- and then alters ocean chemistry, or gets wiped out because some Franken part left it a fatal flaw. Nature OVER TIME, might allow adaptation -- but what happens in 100 years when the oceans stop producing Oxygen?

Monsanto has no limits because it owns the regulators. A few self-interested, psychopaths need merely make a few million a year -- and they won't question their own actions. Meanwhile, without a group to protect citizens (*what, the military? - what a joke*), the worst is inevitable.

>> At what point, is it required that we consider direct action to be necessary to defend HUMAN LIFE? This goes beyond self-defence or something political that we could protest. We can't just bury our heads or leave for another country with representation. Monsanto will eventually push the franken-product that wipes out an ecosystem as the destruction of an ocean was inevitable with BP owning its regulators.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Ha! Do you think a petition is going to stop Monsanto?

"Gosh, people seem to be upset about our genetically modified seeds that we've been developing for our globalist masters, perhaps we should stop making them. We wouldn't want to upset anyone."

Please. I personally believe that we are past the point of no return, and all these globalist NWO organizations will eventually need to be met with extreme force. Not that I like that scenario, but petitions aint gonna do jack. Neither are elections. These people are doing what they do regardless of who is in power.

Yet we keep "discussing" it and doing nothing. Do you they'll let us discuss it some more in the gulags? Egyptians are done discussing, I dare say.

>> No, the Capitalists are probably watching the uprisings very carefully. ON one hand, they might be happy -- violences gives totalitarians and capitalists an excuse to "protect the public" by cracking heads. MOST of the violence is started by the military or police in these situations. If the police and military don't aim their guns at the population (as in the perfect capitalist countries), they get new "generals" trained at the School of the Americas.

This isn't an accident -- it's been a 30 or 40 year plan.

>> Following the rules and the law is NOT going to solve this. What we REALLY NEED is someone inside Monsanto who is willing to be a hero (or actually, a Martyr), and do the right thing for humanity. Tape some conversations, reveal some of their plans -- generate the outrage needed.

If someone had NOT taped conversations at ENRON, they'd still be screwing over the citizens of California. They were NOT the exception of these super large companies -- they are pretty much Standard Operating Procedure.

That's why WikiLeaks is such a threat. One of the revelations amongst the many benign state department messages, was the concern that in countries like Tunisia and Egypt, the military is moving more towards protecting the people than suppressing them. Egypt's tyrants can only keep control with our huge support -- the same with Saudi Arabia. And THIS is why the US has "some" terrorists who want to blow us up -- educated, and decent people who are frustrated by their country living in tyranny and killing decent people for the crime of standing up for rights.

When you have some moron getting on a plane, and trying to "light" C4 in his pants like a moron -- that's a PLANT. Most of the attacks here are to justify new "security measures" to spy on us and get rid of the Constitution.

There is NO WAY, having a hand gun or some petty armed resistance is going to do anything to stop a Marine battalion in the US -- so stop thinking that violence is the answer. Better than a gun is a video camera in the right place and time -- show people that this is NOT a conspiracy theory.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
two words: pollen warfare.

stand just beyond their properties perimeter with pillowcase full of GODS pollen, laughing maniacly as you empty it into the breeze.

my lawyer assures me that two can play at this game...and monsanto knows this better than anyone..

FINALLY, a constructive idea for the new age guerrilla warrior.

Sounds almost too simple although probably illegal to sabotage someone's property, but very straight forward and with little apparent risk. Perhaps you, or any "Ag Experts" among ATS'ers, could delve more deeply into the concepts of "pollen warfare," or any other "passive" and "natural" method to combat this Evil..

If nature provides the means to destroy or contaminate GM crops then it wouldn't be long after few dozen fields were decimated before farmers would stop planting it. Hit them in the pocketbook sends a damn powerful message and supplying cans of pollen (for another stated purpose) would likely be a popular and profitable business as well.

I suspect a well researched thread on the subject would be well received and go a long way toward saving humanity and the planet too. And the internet would be an excellent way to locate fields of GM poison. In this battle turn-about is fair play as it's only doing to them what they're trying to do to us.

edit on 29-1-2011 by Brown Bear because: spelling

edit on 29-1-2011 by Brown Bear because: content

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

What are you, crazy?

The movie is about a post-apocalyptic world where there is no animals or plants for food.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by caymanboi

They claim they are trying to find a way to reduce Dengue fever.
But they are really up to, is testing ways to make mosquitos into vaccine mosquitos!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is actually nefarious and I do think it paves the way to the "vaccine" mosquito.

The idea that they would design a mosquito to act as a vector for a vaccine makes me ill. It's bad enough that naturally the little buggers bring west nile, yellow fever and all sorts of other weird crap. Now we have to worry about what toxins they inject because someone modified them to do that....

Ok I'm pissed off now.

Ok I looked up the research on this and it looks like he original model of this mosquito was developed in Japan
www.physorg.com...
and
news.sciencemag.org...

They are saying they would never do it because of the ethics of it then the article goes on to say they did it just kept it in the labratory.

In this study Dr. Yoshida's team successfully generated a transgenic mosquito expressing the Leishmania vaccine within its saliva. Bites from the insect succeeded in raising antibodies, indicating successful immunization with the Leishmania vaccine through blood feeding.

So why develop something that you know is unethical.

edit on 1-2-2011 by exile1981 because: more info found

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Yes, exactly.
Well thy designed the gm mosquito and let them loose in the Caymans,
And then also in Malaysia.

I created a thread on this last week.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They released GM mosquitos without approval, without letting people know ahead of time.

Yeah, I am ticked to, as things like this are irreversable.

And how do we know they would ever tell us?

We dont!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

*dreams evil dreams about scientists locked in a room full of GM mosquitos*

muhaa haa haa....

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Oh, it stings, it stings!

Or we could just vaccinate them with the swine flue vaccines that everyone has
decided against, and cannot even be given away with a free 25.00 gift card from the pharmacy.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

What was that children's rhyme.... poke a thousand needles in my eye...???

hmm.. ahem... oh yeah Monsanto... bad, very bad!

We're evil, you know that right BTS?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Nah, we are just pointing fingers at the evil ones.

I like this description of what Vilsack did to us.

He gave us, and the organic farmers the finger.

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack gave a big middle finger to the organic farming community last week, as his USDA gave unrestricted approval for GM alfalfa.

Before the decision, there had been a modest proposal in place to restrict the growing of GM alfalfa in order to protect organic farmers against cross-contamination of their organic and conventional crops...

But the Secretary (if I may coin a term) Vilsacked that proposal and gave agro-behemoths like Monsanto totally unrestricted approval to blanket the U.S. with GM alfalfa, which is genetically engineered to resist prodigious amounts of Monsanto's Roundup pesticide.

This flies in the face of the pledge for “co-existence” he called for in the weeks leading up to the decision.

www.greenchipstocks.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to [url= by burntheships[/url]

I think some people don't realize that once those organic farm get cross pollenated ;onsanto claims patent infringment and takes the land of every farmer in the region.

the courts back them up. Their greed will kill us all as sterilization results in three generations... Combine this with thermisol mercury which raises miscarrage rates 700% you have mass population reduction.

Now the FDA is cracking down on anyone that states their products are non GMO. The picture is crystal clear. They want to kill you and me. For those that haven't, please read my rant about this in my George Carlin thread in my signature.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Yes, I am going to visit your blog.

I loved Carlin!

I am busy working on a new expose that relates directly to this terrible blow we have been
dealt.

The middle finger indeed. Wait untill you see this story!

I will hope to post it today, will link to it from here. Watch!

bts~

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If you eat meat or dairy, you indirectly consume alfalfa. It is a leading source of hay for cattle. In terms of acreage, alfalfa is the United States’ fourth biggest crop behind corn, soybeans, and wheat.

It is also notoriously promiscuous, and its pollen can be carried by bees and other insects for five miles, making it all but certain that the GMO crop, designed to survive applications of Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide, will contaminate much of the country’s conventional alfalfa.

Because GMO products are not allowed in USDA certified foods, it could become all but impossible to produce organic milk and meat in many areas unless organic farmers switch to less desirable sources of forage.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Imagine that a storm blows across your garden and that now, genetically-manipulated seeds are in your crops. A multi-national corporation pay you a visit, demand that you surrender your crops - and then sue you for $200 000 for the illegal use of patented, GM seeds. In this definitive David and Goliath battle, one farmer stands up against a massive multinational, and their right to claim ownership to a living organism.

David Vs Monsanto - Bring Your Kleenexes

Note: In that original thread...the OP video has dissapeared. Funny?

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join