It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEO running scared!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

The police chief and all 38 police officers of a northeastern Mexican town have quit following a series of drug cartel attacks, including the decapitation of two of their colleagues.

Soldiers, state and federal police had been deployed to patrol General Teran, a town along a notorious drug-smuggling route to the U.S. border, said Mayor Ramon Villagomez.

The police quit after the discovery Wednesday of the mutilated bodies of two officers who had been kidnapped by gunmen two days earlier.

The killings followed three attacks on the police headquarters since December. Gunmen hurled grenades and sprayed the building with machine-gun fire.

Do you see this happening in the good 'ol US of A?

If enough cops get attacked will people quit their law enforcement jobs?
If they do and the national guard comes in, will they just be trigger happy pests in the city?

What do you all think, possiblity?

**Disclaimer: I am in no way authorizing or recommending the use of violence against law enforcement officers**
**Disclaimer #2: I am in no way authorizing or recommending sitting there while your freedom is taken from you piece by piece.**

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Oh yeah...
THE LINK

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

If they do and the national guard comes in, will they just be trigger happy pests in the city?

No
No way.
No &#@$ way..!!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

obviously not due to drug cartels, but cops are already being attacked more then normal. do you think it will get to that point?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Is this the same town? i remember reading it about it a while ago.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

sry cant watch videos on my network

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

obviously not due to drug cartels, but cops are already being attacked more then normal. do you think it will get to that point?

I haven't seen any evidence of LEOs being attacked more than normal..
Sure there's been a couple of cases lately...But nothing extreme...

Mexico has been ruled by the cartels for decades..
They ARE the law in most parts..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Why do I think you aren't sincere with your first disclaimer? Something just says to me that that disclaimer from you is factitious.

I hope not, American's shouldn't be killing Americans. I would consider anyone attacking our police officers a domestic enemy and a terrorist.

I hope not. I hope the police fight these would be terrorists.

If the national guard is forced to occupy an American city I would expect them to take out the terrorists that are the people who think that killing their fellow Americans is a good idea. To me, anyone who thinks this is a good idea is a traitor to the Constitution, and an Enemy of the United States.
edit on 1/28/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

yeah thats a good point, i still think this could happen if things get rediculous though. but i'd rather see cops quit because they disagree with the laws they are enforcing...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
anyone who thinks this is a good idea is a traitor to the Constitution, and an Enemy of the United States

I'll use simple reasoning that could justify it based on what you said...

Legal System (LEO, Judges, & law makers) = Traitor to the constitution (many examples of this)
Legal System = Enemy of the United States
Legal System = terrorists

I dont think now is the time to take action, however sooner or later action will be our only response other then submission.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Our duty as Americans is the defend and uphold the constitution.
Regardless of who stands in the way, not excluding our own government or citizens.

You can see it in many inccidents that the supreme court is attempting to sweep the constitution under the rug. They will try to make people believe it is "outdated" and that we need a new system.

The kidnapper/rapist/murderer was in your house the whole time, and you didnt suspect a thing.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
LEO in the US running scared - new title.

No ok then, ATS is all about the US.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Please sooner or later we will hear she is banging one of the drug cartel guys and they did this whole thing to make her police chief. Really no one else has the balls to be the head of police in that town except a 20 year old girl lol and they are not going to kill her because she has no clue what the hell she is doing in fact i would not be surprised if she is in fact a mole. Soon crime will stop around there and she will be seen as a hero when in fact she is collaborating with the cartel to keep a low profile so the national guard stops interfering in that town. Just you watch then she will get into politics and their you have it corruption at the top.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by iSHRED

I haven't seen any evidence of LEOs being attacked more than normal..
Sure there's been a couple of cases lately...But nothing extreme...

Mexico has been ruled by the cartels for decades..
They ARE the law in most parts..

Nothing extreme?? Are you serious?? I would call a man walking into a police station in Detroit and opening fire pretty damn extreme. I can not think of any time where that has happened before.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Nothing extreme?? Are you serious?? I would call a man walking into a police station in Detroit and opening fire pretty damn extreme. I can not think of any time where that has happened before.

Yes but it was one nutcase..
That doesn't mean it's endemic...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

No
No way.
No &#@$ way..!!

yes way
it's happening in quite a few places.

In Egypt, I saw a tweet about Egypt's
Security Forces have abandoned the streets.
Leaving the Capital open to the approaching
protesters. That's not good for Hosni Mubarek.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I'll use simple reasoning that could justify it based on what you said...

No I'll use the actual definition of Treason, plain and simple according to the United States Constitution Article III Section 3 Treason is defined:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

www.archives.gov...

Opening fire on our law enforcement officers especially with the intent of causing unrest and trying to bring down the United States government is TREASON.

People who think this is ok to shoot their fellow Americans and don't fool yourselves, cops are your fellow Americans, are traitors and terrorists. I am fed up with people thinking this is acceptable behavior and thinking that this is ok to do.

In my opinion anyone who thinks this is acceptable is sick and twisted. It's called MURDER people! You think killing another human being is ok? You want to justify it somehow? How do you justify MURDER? How do you justify TREASON? How do you justify being WORSE than radical Muslim terrorists?

People who think murdering their fellow countrymen is ok are seriously sick people and need professional help. I am sick of coming to this board every single day and seeing post after post after post by some sick twisted individual who is too cowardly to do anything themselves but instead want to incite someone else to violence.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Police killings are way way way up right now.

www.foxnews.com...

Authorities are worried a recent wave of police officer shootings may not be a coincidence.

In just 24 hours, at least 11 cops were shot around the country.

The most recent incident at a fugitive's house in St. Petersburg, Fla., left two officers dead and a U.S. marshal wounded Monday. Hours earlier, an Oregon officer was critically wounded after being shot multiple times during a traffic stop.

Monday's violence followed a bloody Sunday that left an officer in Indianapolis critically wounded during a traffic stop shooting, four officers in Indianapolis wounded after a gunman opened fire in a precinct and two more officers in Washington wounded in a shootout in a Walmart parking lot.

"It's not a fluke," Richard Roberts, a spokesman for the International Union of Police Associations, told MSNBC.com. "There's a perception among officers in the field that there’s a war on cops going on."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

No
No way.
No &#@$ way..!!

yes way
it's happening in quite a few places.

In Egypt, I saw a tweet about Egypt's
Security Forces have abandoned the streets.
Leaving the Capital open to the approaching
protesters. That's not good for Hosni Mubarek.

The thread is not about Egypt..
It's about the US,,

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio

Police killings are way way way up right now.

www.foxnews.com...

Authorities are worried a recent wave of police officer shootings may not be a coincidence.

In just 24 hours, at least 11 cops were shot around the country.

The most recent incident at a fugitive's house in St. Petersburg, Fla., left two officers dead and a U.S. marshal wounded Monday. Hours earlier, an Oregon officer was critically wounded after being shot multiple times during a traffic stop.

Monday's violence followed a bloody Sunday that left an officer in Indianapolis critically wounded during a traffic stop shooting, four officers in Indianapolis wounded after a gunman opened fire in a precinct and two more officers in Washington wounded in a shootout in a Walmart parking lot.

"It's not a fluke," Richard Roberts, a spokesman for the International Union of Police Associations, told MSNBC.com. "There's a perception among officers in the field that there’s a war on cops going on."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Fair enough, but I'd still give it some time to see if that wasn't just an unusual coincedence..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join