It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Education Wont Create Jobs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Most people think thats its against what they know or their country to learn other cultures/languages, we are far, far behind. Yet the ego of the typical American cannot be ignored. We lose what we have due to ignorance. We refuse to see what is in front of us.

This isn't even serious education to know that we have fallen behind in a way that our grandchildren couldn't catch up to. We are in trouble and have been for some time, yet were #1.

Peace, NRE.

This is a great point. I have to agree. We seem to consider education such as arts and languages elitist studies and somehow unAmerican. As if all of a sudden we are going to turn into snobs if we get too smart.
It is insanity. I watched one of the right wings news program ask the question..."Would you make your child study Mandarin in school?"
Already..the way they ASK THE QUESTION, "would you MAKE your child" is leading and set up for a rejection of the idea by both parents and students.
Leading people to believe education is a waste of time borders on criminal. It jeapordizes, threatens, the quality of the individuals life - IF they should ever listen and believe the bs.

I completely agree. This is a scary concept hundreds of years ago. Now we live in more modern times, yet keep the same values. That's how civilizations were destroyed. We will be destroyed if we think that "learning" is for the "foreigners". Our country has the right route, but can we follow through?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
www.taphilo.com...

"If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier." — US Bumper Sticker

"Training and education are two different things. Training gives you a skill set to perform a specific task. Education provides you with academic theory for problem-solving issues."

—Master Sgt. Juan Lopez, USMC

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

— President Ronald Reagan (1980-1988)

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sure sign that you're not trying anything very innovative"
— Woody Allen

nerdbusiness.com...

Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune. Jim Rohn American entreprenuer, author, and motivational speaker

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Interesting. I have to imagine many "wealthy people" attend private boarding schools and play golf and tennis until dad lets them take the family business over. Although there is plenty of new money, most of it is old and passed down from parent to child.
Necessity is the mother of invention but only working capital can get the invention to the market no matter how good an idea it may be.
A man working 60 hours a week to feed his family and keep his home is often too beaten down and tired to devise a clever, innovative or clever way out of his predicament.
Poverty too is passed down.
Success is quite possible when the deck is stacked against you (as in a poor education) however it is always the exception to the rule.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Most of the businesses in the west are actually small. In the UK most of the business around the M25 employ 10 people. There is also the dreaded ignorance factor or to be fair miseducated into ideas as what small business can do. For example when I was a cool cat I loved Italian shoes. Actually in the UK there is a worldclass leather goods college and the graduates are snapped up by Italian shoe designers. I am not hating on the italians but would they be happy if the reverse were true?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join