It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks rival open for business as editors turn on Assange

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

WikiLeaks rival open for business as editors turn on Assange

www.smh.com.au

The breakaway leaking site formed by several WikiLeaks defectors has gone live early, ironically after the design of the site was leaked.

OpenLeaks, created by WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's former right-hand man, Daniel Domscheit-Berg, promises to be a more democratic organisation than WikiLeaks and plans to work with other organisations, including media, to release documents publicly, as opposed to publishing them itself.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
'bout time. Guess we'll have to sit back and wait and see what the fall out is from this.

The site is barely functional at the moment but seems to be introducing more working content every hour or so.

The Knowledge base is empty though

Have to wait and see what their first release is going to be.. my dreams it would have something to do with UFO disclosure but it's probably just going to be the same boring war and politics.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by plexus

and plans to work with other organisations, including media, to release documents publicly, as opposed to publishing them itself.

And MSM will release all? No bias.??
Will wait and see,,,,

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by plexus

A lot of people accused Wikileaks of being a disinfo site. I think clearly, from the way they have cut off their funding, and gone after Assange, and generally locked that site the hell down, it was not a disinfo site. Personally, I think this whole new mess is much more likely to be a CIA trap/disinfo site.

Just sayin'. And its just gut instinct too, no inside info, so I am not claiming to have any factual info here. Just my opinion, my own instinct. It smells rotten to me.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
So the powers to be will blow up buildings, deceive good people into killing other good people, manipulate weather, cause earthquakes, construct arrays of antennas that can send out signals to change peoples moods, develop laws that can round up innocent civilians and keep them in secret prison camps paid for by tax dollars, install manchurian presidents, kill presidents that do not take orders, shoot down ufo's, conduct secret experiments on illegally imprisoned people and then..... let some geek set up a web site that will blow the lid off the whole thing?

Oh and add the fact that the powers to be are shape shifting reptiles with their gray home boys.

Me thinks there needs to be a better rounded theory to how all these conspiracies can ravel together.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I don't support this Openleaks organisation, mainly because they are just going to be working with the media, who I do not think can be trusted at all.

I mean come on, they aren't even going to let the public have the documents! Wikileaks gives everything they put out TO THE PEOPLE, so we can all take a look and scrutinise the sources and documents ourselves, and not be spoonfed by the media and told lies.

The entire premise of Openleaks is screwed straight from the start as far as I am concerned.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Yazman

Agreed this whole thing smells to high heaven of the PTB trying to give us the illusion of getting leaked info, while at the same time locking down any actual leaked info.

Its bait and switch imho.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

EXACTLY! If anybody is going to accuse a "leaks" organisation of disinfo it should be this one, not wikileaks.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I basically agree, I just thought it was interesting that almost 2 months after their first notice they finally get the front end up for their site with zero content that's all..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yazman
I mean come on, they aren't even going to let the public have the documents! Wikileaks gives everything they put out TO THE PEOPLE, so we can all take a look and scrutinise the sources and documents ourselves, and not be spoonfed by the media and told lies.

KEWL! So ummm did Wiki Leaks actually give us anything useful out of those 250,000 files? I must have missed it because there are no earth shattering leak threads on ATS

So wazzupwitdat?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Yazman

Agreed this whole thing smells to high heaven of the PTB trying to give us the illusion of getting leaked info, while at the same time locking down any actual leaked info.

Its bait and switch imho.

So will their first leak be like...

News Flash: Leaked details show Obama and all politicians really do care about what the people think and want..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
ok so what I'm starting to see here is Julian Assange being taken out of the spotlight and off the Wiki-team and placed into the background while this new site comes through saying it will work more with MSM instead of just pushing documents out.....

To me this means Wikileaks is dead, Julian Assange has been taken care of with the rape allegations and possible terrorist charges and the government can now work hand in hand with the new break away mob to continue with dis-information.....

and all under the noses of everyone and in plain site..... seems to be the way to go if you want something covered up and taken care of.....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Gotta agree with you. I read the Financial Times, Asia Times and whatever outside of the U.S. news I can get on the web. None of what was leaked was new to me. It Wikileaks really wants to stay alive, Assange is gonna have to bring it original. It's going to have to be information that no one has seen before and changes the game.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Somehow it looks just like another news agency, collecting stories to sell them to the media.
The difference is, that they don't pay reporters, but just ask the people to send them stuff that could be of worth.

On the other hand Daniel Domscheit-Berg had crizised that Wikileaks only worked on the big stories and left out all those smaller scandals and nuisances. So I could imagine, that they fill their own niche, reporting about less big things, like local politics or mismanagement of a company.

Still it looks to me like a step backwards: A news agency that specializes in scandals.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I think some of you have this wrong. He says in the intro video on their page that they want to deal with "Investigative newspapers, community media sites, ngo's, labour unions and human rights groups." So they work with several types of groups that have whistleblowers giving info, then use OpenLeaks to get the info out.

Of course it could be a sham in the end, just saying that it doesn't sound like MSM control when explained.

The site is here : openleaks.org...

From the Concept section :

The process of leaking with OpenLeaks

From the whistleblower's point of view, there is no difference between the submission of valid material that is not released, and censorship. Whether and how something is released depends on the policy of the party to whom the data is given.

We do our best to protect the identities of all parties participating in the process of leaking.

Within our community however, it is up to the source to decide where and how data is leaked. We give them the control to either allow the entire OpenLeaks community access to the data, ensuring that it is analyzed and possibly published, or to leak to a specific participant within the community. OpenLeaks does not interfere with this decision. We envision and anticipate that this fundamental structural change will make leaking far more opportune and successful.

At the end of the process of leaking is the public, and although we do not publish leaked material ourselves, we do encourage the publication of full document releases by our members through the available resources and impact multipliers that are already out there. In fact, the community itself is intended to foster an open relationship among our participants whereby, should any leaked material be misrepresented or censored upon publication, it would be relatively easy to locate the cause. Furthermore, it is likely that another member within the OpenLeaks community would bring the material to full publication.

Our goal is to increase direct leaking for socially localized, and not just global, issues and to balance the availability and security of the data that is of potential interest to the public. We want to explore all that is possible, and share the lessons we learn along the way with the rest of the world.
edit on 28-1-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Yazman

KEWL! So ummm did Wiki Leaks actually give us anything useful out of those 250,000 files? I must have missed it because there are no earth shattering leak threads on ATS

So wazzupwitdat?

Umm...i think the file numbered 249.847 has something about ufo's but other than, its business as usual.

Although many red faces and sadly some butt kicking was also made public, but as i mentioned, its business as usual.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

Smells Like a sell out....... We all know who controlls the media....
Im all for WIKILEAKS, this new stink fish group are sellouts and
is just another way for governments to controll people and lie to the masses...

I say Julz must release all the info at once and screw the MAN..........

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
wikileaks would be the one run by the government.
you need to give the new one time to prove it's self.
they may have left because they suspected wikileaks.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybertron
reply to post by Hitoshura

Smells Like a sell out....... We all know who controlls the media....
Im all for WIKILEAKS, this new stink fish group are sellouts and
is just another way for governments to controll people and lie to the masses...

I say Julz must release all the info at once and screw the MAN..........

But it's not all about the media and governments if what they're saying is true.

"community media sites, ngo's, labour unions and human rights groups."

That isn't MSM or governments, and they're not talking about releasing leaks via MSM either. Personally I don't trust Wikileaks. What's happened since they started leaking? Has the west suffered that much? Oh wait up, the only thing that's really happening is that there's revolutions going on in Muslim countries. Didn't that start from Tunisians going mad about some of the leaks? Almost like it's exactly what the west would've wanted.

So I don't trust Wikileaks, and I clearly don't trust OpenLeaks as they've not even done anything, but what some of you are saying and what OpenLeaks are describing with how they'll operate are two completely different things.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by plexus

Well.. this is a dumb idea. Just look how the media approached WL leaks! They didn't cover it right even when we could compare their coverage to the actual documents because WL released them to the people as well.

If this org is legit, they will quickly learn that the media spins or buries everything and have to change tactics. To me it sounds more like the media is behind this site from the start. It will be the "leaks" site they love to use as a source.

I'm sticking by Wikileaks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join