It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Florida boy drops loaded handgun inside pre-kindergarten class"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

"Florida boy drops loaded handgun inside pre-kindergarten class"

www.cnn.com

Putnam County Schools Superintendent Tom Townsend told CNN affiliate WJXT that the problem extends well beyond the youngster.

"This isn't the fault of the 5-year-old," Townsend said. "Someone is responsible for leaving a gun where a 5-year-old can access it, and that's a tragedy and it's inexcusable."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Another one, for you doubting that the consitution and the "right to b. arms" is in the crosshairs of the FG.

For those who are failing to connect the dots...

SHTF... They do not want the public armed, disgruntled and dangerous; And they are making EVERY clear example of why it might be a BAD idea for the average 'joe' to have a gun.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Are all the MKUltras being 'set loose' now? Hot damn.. They're out to make a point and ban all fire arms in general, *intentionally*.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yeah, I have to agree with you...
The barrage of gun related news since the Tucson shooting is really starting to seem like a direct media assault on our 2nd Amendment rights...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
$500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 that it was a glock.......
staged???? couldnt be, who has access to assault weapons and the motive as of late to take some guns?

who wouldve prophitted from that child accidentally setting off a fire-arm? (again, glock?, shot in the dark)
they really seem to want to use the united states children against its people in campaigns that spread the news far and wide. i wonder how far they would go. i wonder how far they have gone, while we are on the subject

and its cnn, so you know its spread though the other filth outlets too
edit on 27-1-2011 by GenerationXisMarching because: cnn.. cmon

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

OF COURSE....there is also the question of how is the flippin hell did your 5 year get your loaded handgun and bring it to school with him?

While I'll defend the 2nd Amendment - I don't defend idiots....GUNS ARE NOT TOYS - LOCK THEM UP IF YOU HAVE KIDS IN YOUR HOUSE - EVER...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

...UNLESS...it was staged...
second

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Seems like another idiot parent that keeps a gun "hidden" in the nightstand, don't teach their kids about guns... Kid probably thought it was a kool toy. Or maybe the parents are antigun and planted it there, who knows in this crazy world. Hang on to your seats folks, # seems to be coming at us at a faster pace every month in this new year.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Has ownership of the peice been established?

And verified.

And the dealer interviewed.

Or are those questions never going to find air time between the more important celebrity gossip.

David Grouchy

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I really don't understand how a 5 year old can access a gun.he must of saw it lying around somewhere and just picked up.I believe guns like this 5 year old took should should not be left lying around.If that gun accidentally went off in fornt of the classroom it could injure or even kill someone.These young children are too young to understand what guns can do to a person and could think it might be something to play with.
edit on 27-1-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
One has to wonder if all of these gun "incidents" are being either set up or covered heavily by the media in order to challenge our right to bear arms. I'm getting more worried, especially since the news that obama is going to address the gun control "problem" in the coming weeks.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
.....never thought id live to see the day where telling someone you going preschool on them meant something!
just sayin...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by keelan55
I really don't understand how a 5 year old can access a gun.he must of saw it lying around somewhere and just picked up.I believe guns like this 5 year old took should should not be left lying around.If that gun accidentally went off in fornt of the classroom it could injure or even kill someone.These young children are too young to understand what guns can do to a person and could think it might be something to play with.
edit on 27-1-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

i call shenanigans. you are the most suspicious person i have ever seen post on this sight. whose fault is it the child is ignorant of safety, a good decision(if he rlly did get from his "stepfather") what the extremely deadly things you own can do and why they are never aloud to even think about touching it? not ever ever ever ever. you teach them that when they respect the world, they deserve the right to defend themselves, and can go through the training.

quit [SNIP] blaming the gun please. blame some of the parenting, or teach them better. seems if the parents wont, someone has to. i know the government doesnt know the first thing about gun safety, so who do you turn to then?

are you really someone who will go along with that? just letting this freedom disappear because of a few peoples ignorance, or arrogance, or both

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 28-1-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Guns don't kill people, stupid people with guns do...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I call "shenanigans" on both of you.

It is NOT cut and DRY.

It is a combination. There is a simple fact I will introduce, sort of a mathematical equation (sorry...)

Child + school + books + teachers = learning

Child + school + books + gun + teachers = A very dangerous equation

You can simply introduce the variable of a firearm in almost ANY situation (other than a few that would serve you) and find the same outcome / answer / value .

You're ALL welcome!

PS i'm tired of the arguement of "knives and swords should be taken away too" ... a knife or a sword cannot take down 5 - 10 + people within a few squeezes of ANY holder. There is a HUGE difference. It is called technology... I guess we should all have nukes then, too hmm?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Me suspicious
So i am the most suspicious person on this site yeah right I am not going to take any notice of that post.I don't really care what you think of me.I will just ignore you
edit on 28-1-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
Has ownership of the peice been established?

And verified.

And the dealer interviewed.

Or are those questions never going to find air time between the more important celebrity gossip.

David Grouchy

I'm sorry I didn't realize I was being too obtuse here.

I meant to imply

[color=gold]how do we know the peice wasn't planted on the child to generate this story?

I mean seriously.
Did the teacher call CNN before or after it was confiscated.

David Grouchy
edit on 28-1-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The only question I have is....

Does anyone who post on this site take the time to read the source material before commenting on it? As I read the comments I see "maybe it was staged" "A parent who keeps a gun hidden in the night stand" and a lot of "Where does a year old get a gun?"

If anyone took the time to actually READ the article, they would have seen..

The boy told authorities that he found the firearm inside the vehicle that he had come to school in -- one which Griffith said belonged to the youngster's stepfather.

I don't think this was staged at all. I think it is a classic example of being careless with a firearm. Luckily no one was hurt and hopefully everyone involved learns something. Sadly this will be played up and used as another reason to make a case for legislating firearms more.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Hmmm, makes no sense though does it? Unless it was for some retarded reason in the backseat, and the kid was also in the backseat, there is no way that could go unnoticed... How could you not notice a kid reaching into the glove box and snagging your gun? Also not that big of a difference, between hiding a gun in the nightstand, and hiding a gun in the truck... The real point of it was keeping a gun hidden, although not so well obviously, and not teaching the kid a gun is not a toy....
edit on Fri, 28 Jan 2011 00:36:31 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
The only question I have is....

Does anyone who post on this site take the time to read the source material before commenting on it? As I read the comments I see "maybe it was staged" "A parent who keeps a gun hidden in the night stand" and a lot of "Where does a year old get a gun?"

If anyone took the time to actually READ the article, they would have seen..

The boy told authorities that he found the firearm inside the vehicle that he had come to school in -- one which Griffith said belonged to the youngster's stepfather.

I don't think this was staged at all. I think it is a classic example of being [color=gold]careless with a firearm. Luckily no one was hurt and hopefully everyone involved learns something. Sadly this will be played up and used as another reason to make a case for legislating firearms more.

And I don't want to be careless either.

I want this verified.

V.E.R.I.F.I.E.D

I see a lot of rushing to judgment.

I'm here pointing out that in America there are supposed to be procedures for checking evidence.

I didn't want to have to bring it up, but the news stories that I have looked into personally have all had the merit of one KEY peice of information being witheld.

Like that hero Uncle who rescued his nephew from a shark.
Turns out He had just caught the shark while fishing and sent his nephew in to unhook it. Is that man still a hero like the news painted him for days in a row?
Why did they leave this part out.

/wake up slap

David Grouchy

A year later, even the drunken uncles story had changed to fit the news' official version.
abcnews.go.com...

edit on 28-1-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join