It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Florida boy drops loaded handgun inside pre-kindergarten class"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck

Another one, for you doubting that the consitution and the "right to b. arms" is in the crosshairs of the FG.

For those who are failing to connect the dots...

SHTF... They do not want the public armed, disgruntled and dangerous; And they are making EVERY clear example of why it might be a BAD idea for the average 'joe' to have a gun.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yup.
That's exactly it.
It's Perfectly clear.

Well said.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Originally posted by MrWendal
The only question I have is....

Does anyone who post on this site take the time to read the source material before commenting on it? As I read the comments I see "maybe it was staged" "A parent who keeps a gun hidden in the night stand" and a lot of "Where does a year old get a gun?"

If anyone took the time to actually READ the article, they would have seen..

The boy told authorities that he found the firearm inside the vehicle that he had come to school in -- one which Griffith said belonged to the youngster's stepfather.

I don't think this was staged at all. I think it is a classic example of being [color=gold]careless with a firearm. Luckily no one was hurt and hopefully everyone involved learns something. Sadly this will be played up and used as another reason to make a case for legislating firearms more.

And I don't want to be careless either.

I want this verified.

V.E.R.I.F.I.E.D

I see a lot of rushing to judgment.

I'm here pointing out that in America there are supposed to be procedures for checking evidence.

I didn't want to have to bring it up, but the news stories that I have looked into personally have all had the merit of one KEY peice of information being witheld.

Like that hero Uncle who rescued his nephew from a shark.
Turns out He had just caught the shark while fishing and sent his nephew in to unhook it. Is that man still a hero like the news painted him for days in a row?
Why did they leave this part out.

/wake up slap

David Grouchy

A year later, even the drunken uncles story had changed to fit the news' official version.
abcnews.go.com...

edit on 28-1-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

read my other post. if i didnt read it and think of motive, its a possibility, i promoted it as one i mentioned it was reportedthat the stepfathers right side of his car had the gun, but y that side if for defense?

they said 9/11's events and the mirroring drills that were happening at the same yime were coincidence

will the stepfather ever be identified as anyone important, or is he going to drop off the radar like the gun, and the lab results on all the dead birds?

did you read my post before claiming i dont know what im talking about?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I just don't understand how a bro of that age and with that level of experience could possibly behave so carelessly with a firearm...
Must have been drunk I guess...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

failed gang initiation, on that note

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

will the stepfather ever be identified as anyone important, or is he going to drop off the radar like the gun, and the lab results on all the dead birds?

These are all fair questions.

I'm not in Florida,
I wish someone there could check into this.

I add the following, I hope, in support of your post.

My hunch is that
The last thing a

teacher
    principle
    sheriff

is going to do if a peice is found in a kindergarden class

is call CNN.

This right here is where the news story fails the sniff test for me.
But as strongly as I feel about it I try to focus on the circumstances as raised and presented.
I don't want to challenge the right of anyone to contact the press.

I'm sorry If I acted inappropriately

:|
David Grouchy

edit on 28-1-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

but when you find out you child is being held at school with police (there) because a gun popped up in a pre-kindergarten. seriously? parents are going to point their spot-lights on it. i would. u would if it was your community

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
At the very least , a " SERPA level II Retention holster should be mandatory for toddlers with pistols.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dazbog
At the very least , a " SERPA level II Retention holster should be mandatory for toddlers with pistols.

And if the peice was effectively safety locked?
Would that change the story in any way.
Is there any motive to leave details like this out of a story.

I'm a stop now.
I don't think I'm helping this discussion

David Grouchy

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Again people, failing to connect the dots.

The point of this, is as follows:

There will soon be a vote. 'Should the public have guns', in some form.

This case, as well as every other case that has come up recently (disgruntled V schoolboard man, JLL, etc)

will be FRESH in the minds of all of the parents and mothers and generally caring people around the world... "Hey... there was a gun in my daughters/son's classroom?"

Hmm... "if that persons parents can't keep their guns safe, and their kids are bringing them to school... my kids could be shot... I HAVE MY VOTE!!!!!!!"

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck
Again people, failing to connect the dots.

The point of this, is as follows:

There will soon be a vote. 'Should the public have guns', in some form.

This case, as well as every other case that has come up recently (disgruntled V schoolboard man, JLL, etc)

will be FRESH in the minds of all of the parents and mothers and generally caring people around the world... "Hey... there was a gun in my daughters/son's classroom?"

Hmm... "if that persons parents can't keep their guns safe, and their kids are bringing them to school... my kids could be shot... I HAVE MY VOTE!!!!!!!"

There was a vote, way long ago before yours and my time. And they created the right to bear arms. Sorry this is America you can always home school your children if your so worried. But I have to agree seems to be carelessness on the gun owners side.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Watch out for that UN treaty.
Politicians, children, bet ya some police officer gets it in a horrifc manner soon..
Couple of bullet holes in mom and apple pie...
and Voila!
Everone know guns give you cancer ( second hand gunsmoke is DEADLY) and only secret catholic priests who hate plack presidents, and who fought to defend the US, and who don't want anyone to have health care so heaven fills up faster, own them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join