It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Orb like I've never seen before..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Since you all took a second look I did as well. zoomed in nice and close, and yeah, gonna retract my statement the perfectly straight and centered black line appears to be a result of the pixellation on the image. When applying some filters to clean it up you can see it's indeed floating and that black line is just a happy coincidence.

You can clearly define the edges too, it's not a perfect sphere, it actually, strangely, looks like a human egg! Or maybe a water droplet in zero gravity.

It still doesn't look right to me. It appears to have a highlight on the top and a shadow below to the bottom which seems to line up with the shadow angles.

Can you tell us what type of camera was used? Digital? Film? there's some red discoloration at the top of the orb, and if this was on film I'd stop right there and suggest it could be a defect on the film or negative, which is easy to check.

If it's digital, I dunno. It looks like something I could put on there with photoshop or GIMP with a handful of clicks, basic background glow, slight bevel to give highlight and shadow. No, I'm not saying you faked this, and I didn't mean to imply you did before either.

the pixellation that looks like a black wire is indeed affecting the orb as well, so if this was digitally added, it was then reprocessed to a lower resolution to give the pixelated effect.

i'm not sure why anyone would bother to do any of that, so now I'm interested to see what this really is. It looks like it could be water maybe directly on the lense, but for it to be perfectly in focus as is the background, i'm not sure that's possible.

It's also interesting that the orb, while up high in the image, is almost perfectly centered, and is fairly close to being perfectly centered between the two men.

the more I look at it though, it just seems that the orb has too much detail compared to the rest of the photo. I'm on the fence. s&f in any event

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Thanks... I appreciate it...

I FINALLY found a picture from earlier in the day.. before the trees were down.. just to show the power lines.. you can see some light coming thru the trees in spots, but they are in different spots, and its earlier in the day so brighter..
The only editing I did to this picture is to crop it to take out my inlaws neighbors, cause I dont know how to just blur one little spot (faces) with my shoddy photoediting program... hope this helps!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Weeeden

People gat down right ugly here when one posts photos.
they have been put upon countless times by professional, and amatures alike.
It seems that getting ASers to endorse a UFO paranormal picture is a favourite passtime of hoaxers everywhere.
You will find that meeting atsers anywhere but over a photograph, is a very pleasant experience usually.
Its just those damn let downs when a photo is debunked for ssure...
Theres that sense of being used, and betrayed by the poster.
No hard feelings mate, just the usual gruff analysis. peace, and welsome to Dodge....s

PC to add, that orb looks exactly like a lot of UFO pics, both day and dark, from around the world.
Its entirely possible, given the already proven morphing ability some UFOs have exhibited, that they shrink themselves down to this size for close observation.
The millwork these two are engaged in, looks highly interesting to somebody whos nefer encountered it beforee.
Taake a look at u toob for idreali ufo like your orb, plus others includung the tether incident....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Probably a drop of water falling from one of the trees to be honest. Dew drop if early in the morning.

Or hey, why not a drop of urine falling from a bird?

Either way, orbs are interesting - but not very paranormal in nature unless you can capture an erratic tail movement that shows some manner of intelligence and not just a drop of water or a spec of dust.

Its beautiful though - I like the color of this orb - Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,

-G

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
First Weedan Thanx for being brave and sharing your photo. Dont let negative people get to you. In the field of the paranormal there are alot of things we cant explain, and the only way thhey can be explained by putting it out there.
I believe your photo is a bit of moisture caught in the air. A true energy orb looks usually like a solid ball or balloon. Along with there soild state they also will not be see through. They usually come through in color too, like red green and blue. This has been over many years looking at photos like your that I have taken on investigations. Thanx again for sharing.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DeltaGhostHunter

AWesome..Thanks for the straight forward logical answer! I appreciate it..

The PP made me laugh saying maybe it was bird pee... What a fluke would that be eh?? Neat picture nonetheless.. thanks for the comments peeps

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
there does seem to be a line running above the 2 guys heads and the disc seems to be suspended from it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

That is the best i can do with it. the picture is pretty grainy to begin with.

If you ask me, that "orb" looks like a round protozoa containing a center vacuole or nucleus under a microscope and then photoshopped into the picture:

I am no biology expert, and I know that some microscope pictures of these cells are limited, so I would like others to help in debunking this photo. I have attached a photo with side comparisons.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/110d6b4a668f.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I have to totally agree it does look like a cell.. that was what I thought it resembled when I first saw the picture too..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yeah that's I meant when I said egg, couldn't get embryo to come to mind. It really REALLY looks like a cell. It's hard to say, in any event this isn't the standard debunked in 2 seconds orb, whoever made this, if it's fake, took the time to ensure uniform pixelation, so some post would have to have been done, most quick hoaxers fail that test.

I still think moister is a more logical solution that a dead persons soul, or a tiny shape shifting ufo (really?)

not yellow enough for urine ;P

For those who still see a line holding it up, zoom in so you get the guy on the right and the org in frame, you can see the grid pattern of pixelation and that black line coming down to the orb is an artifact of that. The black line running horizontally is a power line, correct?

True "orbs" only last for seconds, so to get such a clear shot would be amazing, but since orbs are plasma, this doesn't seem to work for this image.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's exactly what you think it is...an Orb. A friend of mine everytime they take pictures with family have these in almost every picture. She has had two sisters die at young ages. One from cancer and one in a car accident. The orbs in her pictures are a lot more faint but they resemble the same thing. I think it's someone watching over you.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weeeden
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I have to totally agree it does look like a cell.. that was what I thought it resembled when I first saw the picture too..

'
Yep,
Many true orbs looks just like a cell.
and it wouldnt surprise me if they were something very similar.
(or exactly that).

We have such limited knowledge of all that truly exists..
Perhaps these are just another form of intelligence..
and perhaps they "travel" through their, and our realities in their single celled bodies..
Just as we travel our reality in our multi celled bodies.

"We" require this type of body to hold and "carry around" our consciousness.. our true selves.. on this plain of existence..
Perhaps these require only single celled bodies to do the same, in their plane of existence..
Only they have learned how to operate in not only "their reality", but also to come through to ours.

Our eyes, or bodies.. can only sense, what... 2-3 % of all there actually is to see?
It is known that cameras can pick up on things that our own eyes cannot.
We really have no idea about ":their" (orbs) realities..
or what they would be capable of..
or how they would "act", or respond in given conditions..
So everyone trying to toss "our current understanding of physics" into the equation is just silly.
and to you folks.. I can only give you a
. lol

Skywatcher..
The image cannot be debyunked..
accept it..
get over it..
It is real. lol.

Of course youd have to read everyones replies to possibly get yourself on the "same page" as everyone else who have taken a good look.

These "things" often look exactly like a CELL..
I know this because I have, many times "captured" "Orbs" on many pictures...
and Im not talking about the water droplets or dust that many people downright call "orbs".
No, there are water droplets... dust particles.. and there are actual "orbs"..
and I have gotten them on "film", many times..
So I have no doubt there is something to them.

Most of the "real orbs" (not water droplets, dust, etc) look exactly like an actual cell..
You just arrive on this planet or what?
New to this field?

Have fun wasting your time trying to "debunk" something that will never be "debunked".

Weeeden..
Thanks again!
Glad you liked my previous post.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacofunk64
It's exactly what you think it is...an Orb. A friend of mine everytime they take pictures with family have these in almost every picture. She has had two sisters die at young ages. One from cancer and one in a car accident. The orbs in her pictures are a lot more faint but they resemble the same thing. I think it's someone watching over you.

Indeed.
Speaking from my own experiences..
I would have to agree.

ohh, forgot to add~

I'm happy to see that some who were sooo quick to call "fake!/hanging from a line" have gone and taken a better, proper look... and changed their tune.
Niice guys!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I admit I was a little too quick to jump to a conclusion earlier, I should have taken a closer look to begin with. Sometimes it's hard when you spend time looking at a video and all of a sudden some obvious fakery occurs.

I'm glad someone pointed out the checkerboard pattern in the photo or I may not have looked further.

It sure does look like a cell. I can't rule out water droplet, but those usually don't come out so well defined. I have taken plenty of pictures in the rain on backpacking trips (hundreds) and have never had a water droplet come out looking like that. Also, water droplets usually look to me as if they are in the foreground of the photo and this really looks like it is behind the gentlemen in the picture.

By the way, there was a question earlier I don't think was answered.

Was this picture taken with a film or a digital camera? If it's a film camera, check the negative for defects.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Skywatcher..
The image cannot be debyunked..
accept it..
get over it..
It is real. lol.

Of course youd have to read everyones replies to possibly get yourself on the "same page" as everyone else who have taken a good look.

These "things" often look exactly like a CELL..
I know this because I have, many times "captured" "Orbs" on many pictures...
and Im not talking about the water droplets or dust that many people downright call "orbs".
No, there are water droplets... dust particles.. and there are actual "orbs"..
and I have gotten them on "film", many times..
So I have no doubt there is something to them.

Most of the "real orbs" (not water droplets, dust, etc) look exactly like an actual cell..
You just arrive on this planet or what?
New to this field?

Have fun wasting your time trying to "debunk" something that will never be "debunked".

My goal is to not follow "group think" if I can help it, and yes, I am "new" to this field. It is easy to just go with the flow sometimes and say you are right, that is an orb or whatever. I am not familiar with these types of orbs, specifically. I follow more so the orbs that appear to be like UFOs in the sky.

That said, this type of orb is new for me, and as I have studied science before, I approach this orb from a scientific point of view. I won't waste too much time on trying to debunk this photo, but I will remain skeptic of it and keep it in the back of my mind as I research further.

I just wanted to point out that not everything appears what it seems to be. With new softwares and technologies, and even technology goof ups themselves, can create or distort original images, so it is good be aware of these possibilities.

What can I say? With the evidence building on the plausibility of these orbs as being real as witnessed by you and others, it will be difficult to debunk. There are lots of stories on these orbs which I am now following, so I think my scientific approach itself will be debunked in no time at all, hahahaha
and yes, I did just laugh at myself!

I did however, just happen to pounce on this one excerpt from a webpage while typing my commentary above::

All About Orbs

www.paranormalplus.com...

Now for a most startling revelation! In many pictures of orbs, there are a percentage that do NOT fall into the same category as the others. Spirit orbs appear to be of the same structure as a living cell being comprised of an outer shell and an inner nucleus! The ones that do not fall into this category appear as bright white objects. Many will be photographed moving about at a rapid rate of speed much like meteors with tails.

We have proof that some of these could well be UFO pods or drones that are constantly involved in gathering information and data for a higher intelligence! I have many pictures of bright silver orbs photographed in the immediate vicinity of crop circles . Probably the skeptics will assert that they were merely reflections from the porthole windows on the Alien Spacecraft!

Sometimes I have to wonder if I am living on planet Earth. So much has happened over the last few years that more new evidence is showing that we "aren't alone" on this planet anymore. So if orbs are visible by bright flashes of light and captured on camera, what else is there that hasn't been captured on camera YET?! Kind of makes you wonder who are the real inhabitants on this planet.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Weeeden

After doing some online research over this subject matter, it looks like this picture has a case for being real.Moreover, this thread has stirred up my curiosity, and now it makes me want to go check out all my digital pictures I have taken in the past to see if there are any of these orbs here in Canada. I think I am getting excited over it too, hahaha

So for that, this thread gives you a S&F

edit on 28-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

My goal is to not follow "group think" if I can help it, and yes, I am "new" to this field. It is easy to just go with the flow sometimes and say you are right, that is an orb or whatever. I am not familiar with these types of orbs, specifically. I follow more so the orbs that appear to be like UFOs in the sky.

That said, this type of orb is new for me, and as I have studied science before, I approach this orb from a scientific point of view. I won't waste too much time on trying to debunk this photo, but I will remain skeptic of it and keep it in the back of my mind as I research further.

I just wanted to point out that not everything appears what it seems to be. With new softwares and technologies, and even technology goof ups themselves, can create or distort original images, so it is good be aware of these possibilities.

What can I say? With the evidence building on the plausibility of these orbs as being real as witnessed by you and others, it will be difficult to debunk. There are lots of stories on these orbs which I am now following, so I think my scientific approach itself will be debunked in no time at all, hahahaha
and yes, I did just laugh at myself!

I did however, just happen to pounce on this one excerpt from a webpage while typing my commentary above::

All About Orbs

www.paranormalplus.com...

Now for a most startling revelation! In many pictures of orbs, there are a percentage that do NOT fall into the same category as the others. Spirit orbs appear to be of the same structure as a living cell being comprised of an outer shell and an inner nucleus! The ones that do not fall into this category appear as bright white objects. Many will be photographed moving about at a rapid rate of speed much like meteors with tails.

We have proof that some of these could well be UFO pods or drones that are constantly involved in gathering information and data for a higher intelligence! I have many pictures of bright silver orbs photographed in the immediate vicinity of crop circles . Probably the skeptics will assert that they were merely reflections from the porthole windows on the Alien Spacecraft!

Sometimes I have to wonder if I am living on planet Earth. So much has happened over the last few years that more new evidence is showing that we "aren't alone" on this planet anymore. So if orbs are visible by bright flashes of light and captured on camera, what else is there that hasn't been captured on camera YET?! Kind of makes you wonder who are the real inhabitants on this planet.

Well said.

My goal is also to stay as far away from "group think" as possible.

If Im talking about something in this way...
It is not because I have "read some things", or just "agree" with what others are saying.
It is simply because of my own experiences, and my own research into others experiences.

Indeed,
Not everything is as it appears to be..

However..
Many things are exactly what they appear to be.

lol, I know what you mean.

Thanks for staying humble.
Sorry I mistook you for a "typical ATS debunker".
Clearly, you are of a slightly "different breed."
(a good thing). lol

Good post, thanks.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Thanks for ALL your comments everyone!! It's amazing how comments on a message board can make a person feel! and right now I feel so much better .. LOL I really truly was just fascinated by the picture when i saw it.. and made sure next time I was at my in laws to check out THAT spot just to make sure there was nothing there, behind the trees or anything..

And yeah, i forgot to answer the camera question! It was taken with a Digital camera... Konica Minolta Dimage E500.. Not top of the line or anything, but on a good day it sure took nice pics!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
Well said.

My goal is also to stay as far away from "group think" as possible.

If Im talking about something in this way...
It is not because I have "read some things", or just "agree" with what others are saying.
It is simply because of my own experiences, and my own research into others experiences.

And this is what most people on here at ATS need to do....THEIR OWN RESEARCH, and research into other people's experiences...with an open mind I will add.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
WOW... thank god I found this thread. I was looking up info for another thread, and I came across this, I was like OMG I think that like the one i saw in your photo. So I’m posting it here for you to compare it with yours.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6ffe66e1215.jpg[/atsimg]

If I find anymore ill post them for you.
PS... I added you as friend as I feel you are a very honest and true person, just here looking for the truth.
edit on 30/1/11 by Whateva69 because: I can

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join