It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about Security Clearance procedures.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Dude, I could really care less what you think. Could care less about "internet credibility" I just want this job.
Its nothing really important, just involves the Military Health Database but I guess since its IT related, they now take extra precautions.

DUDE....am i saying your lying??? NO

Im saying theres a lot of kids and nutters on here who claim they are something they are not.
We have had people on here claiming to be high ranking military officials with inside knowledge....wheras in reality they are some spotty little teenager with nothing better to do than throw in disinformation.

I dont doubt you have applied for a job that requires checks.....im just saying this is probably not the best place to be looking for answers as, as stated before...theres a lot of crackpots that believe things that arent true, and feel by lying they will gain credibility.

Take a chill pill and relax

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

You know whats funny? My brother works for Dyncorp, as a helicopter mechanic on a US military base in Germany and he only had to get a "Public Trust" clearance.
From what i hear, anyone in the IT industry are subject to a lot more scrutiny.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

reply to post by 46ACE

You know whats funny? My brother works for Dyncorp, as a helicopter mechanic on a US military base in Germany and he only had to get a "Public Trust" clearance.
From what i hear, anyone in the IT industry are subject to a lot more scrutiny.

Ive never heard of a public trust clearance... weird! What the heck is it?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Ok man, sorry for the misunderstanding.
For the record, I am asking here for a relative guide, not definitive answers but thanks for caring.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
you sound like you have something to hide, why are you asking so many questions about who they are going to talk to. are you hoping they don't to someone in particular, like your narcotics dealer.

edit on 27-1-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
you sound like you have something to hide, why are you asking so many questions about who they are going to talk to. are you hoping they don't to someone in particular, like you narcotics dealer.

He's on here isnt he? Paranoia is infectious when you hang around here too long.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Ok man, sorry for the misunderstanding.
For the record, I am asking here for a relative guide, not definitive answers but thanks for caring.

Its all good dude

Good luck with your application and i wish you every sucess in the future

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
He's got two threads running on this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I smell a troll

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
you sound like you have something to hide, why are you asking so many questions about who they are going to talk to. are you hoping they don't to someone in particular, like you narcotics dealer.

Like they could get a hold of HIM

I wouldnt have applied if I had something to hide, since there is no hiding from them.
Just wondering what to expect.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
double again
edit on 27-1-2011 by Animatrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve
He's got two threads running on this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I smell a troll [/quote

Just a double thread, not sure how it happened but its been happening with my posts throughout this thread.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Why are you'res the only ones?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hi,

I worked in Military Intelligence in the Army and investigated clearances at one point.

The purpose of a clearance is not what you did or did not do however many years ago the point is that you are honest and disclose what it is that you did.

If you are honest you can say you were a male prostitute who did favors for drugs in the 80s for all they care as long as you no longer do that you will be fine (That's a real case from a guy who got a TS/SCI.) You an almost have done anything short of murder or rape and still get a clearance as long as it is not repetitive in nature or something you continue to do now.

The purpose of a clearance is not so much about your past activities but rather that you are honest about such things.

It is an issue of exploitability (The enemy agents can use something about you that you did not reveal against you and that makes you a threat.) If you were unfaithful to your first wife tell the investigator - they are going to ask her about it.

If you smoked dope in school admit it, drank underage, admit it etc. Speeding tickets, past due child support tell them everything - trust me they have seen it all.

Like someone said for a SECRET clearance it’s basically a credit check along with an ENTNAC as long as that checks out and matches what you put down you will be ok.

However, a TS/SCI clearance as most IT jobs are they will indeed go back to check where you lived and find people to talk to. It is hard sometimes as the investigator must find someone who knew a person 15 years ago from an address at an apartment complex but I always managed to do it from either employment, education or associates.

Again, don't sweat it; be honest and if you had or even have issues admit it.

Credit is what gets most people if its current issues you are having; if they are old or have been paid off or you have worked out a schedule for late payments or whatever you'll be fine.

The issue again is that people blow off the SF86 and forget something which gets the investigator looking further into things than he/she needs to; once things don't jive either the facts with the papers or the interviews it’s all downhill from there.

Bottom line - be honest and thorough.

Hope that helps - if you have questions about the SF86 you can u2u if you want.

link   
reply to post by Animatrix

I doubt it, but you should keep this in mind from now on. Keep your mouth shut, and do a good job.
Never disrespect the information that you are entrusted with. Oh yeah, they will check your financial records as well
of course.

link   
I can guarantee they are looking over your account on ATS.
No surprise. Can't blame them.

I have been hired by a defense contractor to provide IT services for the NAS base in my city or I should say, ive been recommended for hire, contingent on being able to gain clearance required for Federal Employment.

ATS is obviously monitored.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

How should I know?
Im just asking for input. If you dont like the question I asked or whatever your problem is, feel free to move on.

ATS has really devolved in the past year, to bad.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

I just want to get this straight. You posted one thread, and ATS made two of them. Is that what you are saying?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Credit is what gets most people if its current issues you are having; if they are old or have been paid off or you have worked out a schedule for late payments or whatever you'll be fine.

Those were the main questions that were asked of the guy I mentioned earlier. He had been going through a divorce and they were very interested in the financial stuff. He DID have issues.. who doesnt in a divorce.. but he was hired. I think anymore with all of the civilian workers they are concerned more than usual about being vulnerable to pay offs and bribes.

edit on 27-1-2011 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2011 by Advantage because: I can NOT spell..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

How should I know?
Im just asking for input. If you dont like the question I asked or whatever your problem is, feel free to move on.

ATS has really devolved in the past year, to bad.

ATS Is gaining allot of new members. It's not devolving just evolving.

Also wondering if they can find out that I visit conspiracy related sites.

Seriously?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Its nothing stressful or anything...

You feel out a form detailing your past employment, past residences, school, etc.

They want to know if you have any ties to foreign governments, if you have travelled to countries that might raise questions.

They also look at your criminal history to see if you have any convictions.

They want to know if you have used drugs in the past. (Don't lie about this, its not a deal breaker in most cases.)

And they want to know about your financial standing.

Lastly, they want references. Which they send questionaires to. I have been referenced several times and no one in a suit should up to grill me about my friends.

For a secret clearance they just check all of these areas to make sure you are not setting off flags. If they need clarification they will contact you. It can take several months up to 6 months to process. Good luck.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join