It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love and Compassion are Signs of Weakness.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I recently posted a thread in regards to Love and Compassion being seen as a weakness instead of strength.

A Plea for Help

I have gotten some U2U's from members here and the responses amazed me.

Why is it we see Love and Compassion as a sign of weakness, in our society, instead of great strength?

edit on 27-1-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
cause we're all ignorant and conditioned to believe in violence and fear.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Can you elaborate on your response please?

I don't believe our entire society is ignorant, in fact the reason things actually half way function is because of the people with Love and Compassion.

But you are correct, in that violence and fear are a process of conditioning.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Can you elaborate on your response please?

I don't believe our entire society is ignorant, in fact the reason things actually half way function is because of the people with Love and Compassion.

But you are correct, in that violence and fear are a process of conditioning.

Yeah, we're not ALL ignorant. Just most of us. If you aren't seeing the God within yourself, you ARE ignorant by my standards.

For Example:
I have seen glimpses of how we energetically co-create the entire Universe in higher dimensions. Please, don't make that sentence the object of any discussion, because no I can't prove it. Take it or leave it.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Exactly, being a passive male, i am seen as a wimp, while all you tough guys are seen as normal, lol.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Exactly, being a passive male, i am seen as a wimp, while all you tough guys are seen as normal, lol.

Yeah, but for you, it only matters that you see YOU as normal. Then you see that the violent ones are abnormal. Truth be told, pacifists are more normal, although, probably not the majority on Earth.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
People IMO who are afraid to show love or their emotions imo are cowards. It takes more to show your feelings imo than to hide them. That is the easy part. I think a man is more of a man if he can cry openly or show emotion.

Love and compassion imo make a person strong.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Although I am not passive, lol I sure do show my love and compassionate side, but I guess that is the Italian in me.

It bothers me when I see people that cannot connect with others, not that they can't but that they are afraid of what other people think.

Here is what I say to that, screw what other people think, give someone a hug close to you, or next time you say good-bye, hug the person and I'll bet they hug you back.

Fear of Love, is a true coward.[

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think compassion is one of the things that separate humans from animals. I was going to say love in there too But I think there are some aspect in nature where animals can show love I think.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Having love and compassion is a ingrained trait for us I think. It gets weeded out as we grow older, especially for guys. How many times do we hear people saying to little boys or young men...

"Don't cry, be a man"

"Suck it up and take it like a man."

Toughness is important, especially in this world but to have that without compassion and love for others as well makes you a zombie, for lack of a better term.

I have never had an issue with showing emotions, especially love and compassion towards others. Personally, I don't think that makes me weak at all. I think it makes me a well rounded individual who is human. As to what others think of me because of that, I really don't care. Others opinions of me don't rate very high on my scale. I am who I am, like it or don't, it really doesn't matter to me.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
I think compassion is one of the things that separate humans from animals. I was going to say love in there too But I think there are some aspect in nature where animals can show love I think.

I agree. Compassion is seen in abundance in a state of mind of oneness which we aren't accustomed to at this time.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Consideration.....

Opens with the lines...

#I don’t think that kindness is a weakness,
I don’t have a problem with compassion#

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
About time someone addressed this! Whenever I gave something to someone or borrowed someone money or did someone a favor, my ex would always say I was a "Weak person and too nice." Im sorry but theres no such thing as too nice. I do things for people because I enjoy it, not because im guilt tripped into doing. I would rather give than get. Always been that way, and always will.

top topics

join