It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Terror Policy Must Go Deeper!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Anti-Terror Policy Must Go Deeper

Anti-Terror Policy...Moscow News
Date: January 27, 2011

There are two basic counter-terrorist strategies.

The first one aims to make potential targets for terrorism harder to attack.
The second is to go after attackers, destroying them and keeping the rest on the run, not allowing them to amass resources for another attack.

So far, the official response to Monday’s bombing at Domodedovo Airport has been almost exclusively about boosting transportation security.

Since Monday’s attack, we have heard a lot about the extensive list of measures that the Kremlin plans to take to boost security at airports and other transportation centers, but we’ve heard very little about the government’s plans on how to deal with the perpetrators of the attacks.

I totally agree with the last paragraph in the quote. Honestly, we, the citizens who are faced with dangers of these insidious perpetrators, are the real victims of this terrorist activity.

We have heard our leaders always talk about protecting us by increasing security, making tougher laws, and pretty much telling us how they plan on capturing these bastards (who decide that bombing us, threatening us, killing us, and making us fear whenever we get out into the public we will be a victim of their future crimes) that they will make us feel safer. The idea being "they will make us" feel safe. I think we have enough armed forces out there to protect us. This just seems like another scheme to make money off us and paying big corporations out of tax dollars to no make much of a difference in our sense of safety.

So what pisses me off is that the leaders NEVER say what will happen to those who do commit these crimes! Most of the "terrorists" are either faked in the media, or if they are caught, they are simply put in a prison (apparently), and that is the end of the story. There is no real talk about what punishment these people actually face for their wrongness.

Something needs to be done. Otherwise we may have to protect ourselves with our own weaponry and dispose of these people ourselves. No more pat-downs at the airport for me thank you very much!

edit on 27-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added extra note

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I don't see how security can do more.

Terrorists usually kill themselves at the same time.

If you have a nutter determined to kill themselves and some people it is very hard for security to find them all.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

UK to change anti-terrorism law

mwcnews.net...

Theresa May said on Wednesday that control orders, which impose 16-hour curfews on suspects, would be replaced by an alternative supervision system called "terrorism prevention and investigation measures".

There are currently eight British citizens subject to the control orders, which also impose electronic tagging, visitor restrictions and other constraints.

It looks like the UK revised its laws by electronically tagging their suspects - a form of "internal exile". Interesting concept. I think that this tagging system may make its way here to North America...along with other implanting technology for tracking its citizens.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

That is great.

But there will still be some random nutter.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

They'll get all those involved, come hell or high water. Unless they acted alone which is doubtful.
Putin is pxxxxd off.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I dont see that there is any solid protections that any goverments CAN offer its citizens against terrorism acts.
The facts that scanners are at the airports will just send the bombers to the shopping malls, and the other places where scanners become impractical.
Thousands of targets exist that could cause mass destruction, of some kind or other,
Now suppose that the top of the CN tower got blown off it would rain down steel all over downtown toronto.
But what kind of security priority could you apply to it?
Lock and bolt a steel door to get into the base of it, and hope.......
There is not enough people to have armed guards everywhere thats potentially a target.
Such a small amount of explosives can cause a helluva lot of mayhem.
A speedng passenger train can be derailed with a half pound of c4 or petn.
If derailed on an overpass or elevated traack.....hey theres noting the gov can do to stop it .
Not when tyheres thousands of miles of tracks.
many other small charge max results targets are out there, i wont get into really creative scenarios, but one can ask the question, Are all the industrial storage places which have chlorine gas stored...are they all secure?
This one could be very deadly....
Other possibilities exist nearly everywhere in society.
The industrial base could supply many ugly ingredients for mass desstruction.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Anti-Terror Policy Must Go Deeper

Anti-Terror Policy...Moscow News
Date: January 27, 2011

There are two basic counter-terrorist strategies.

The first one aims to make potential targets for terrorism harder to attack.
The second is to go after attackers, destroying them and keeping the rest on the run, not allowing them to amass resources for another attack.

So far, the official response to Monday’s bombing at Domodedovo Airport has been almost exclusively about boosting transportation security.

Since Monday’s attack, we have heard a lot about the extensive list of measures that the Kremlin plans to take to boost security at airports and other transportation centers, but we’ve heard very little about the government’s plans on how to deal with the perpetrators of the attacks.

I totally agree with the last paragraph in the quote. Honestly, we, the citizens who are faced with dangers of these insidious perpetrators, are the real victims of this terrorist activity.

We have heard our leaders always talk about protecting us by increasing security, making tougher laws, and pretty much telling us how they plan on capturing these bastards (who decide that bombing us, threatening us, killing us, and making us fear whenever we get out into the public we will be a victim of their future crimes) that they will make us feel safer. The idea being "they will make us" feel safe. I think we have enough armed forces out there to protect us. This just seems like another scheme to make money off us and paying big corporations out of tax dollars to no make much of a difference in our sense of safety.

So what pisses me off is that the leaders NEVER say what will happen to those who do commit these crimes! Most of the "terrorists" are either faked in the media, or if they are caught, they are simply put in a prison (apparently), and that is the end of the story. There is no real talk about what punishment these people actually face for their wrongness.

Something needs to be done. Otherwise we may have to protect ourselves with our own weaponry and dispose of these people ourselves. No more pat-downs at the airport for me thank you very much!

edit on 27-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added extra note

you should be careful what you wish for. your basic rights given to you by the constitution are being taken away already.. this war on terrorism is a war that America started. they are using it for an excuse to take away your freedom, don't believe me? do some research.

-good luck

=

top topics

join