It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Egypt - Anonymous Press Release - 26/01/2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

You may want to do some research lol

Try here:
Gabriella Coleman, assistant professor of media, culture and communication at NYU, and an expert on Anonymous (see her recent article in The Atlantic on "What It's Like to Participate in Anonymous' Actions."

Google this lady and go from there

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Well the www.anonops.ru sight is down. It has been for hours ago that I started checking. The group fascinates me and I watched V for Vendetta the other night for the 1st time entirely inspired by anon. I was amazed by that movie and here was a man who took action and had them by their proverbials. Anybody who dares to take and don a fawkes mask should be sincere and not posing as it weakens the cause and effect. I think jones is half a**ed front and attept to capitalize commercially with his V campaign and it was not much of an intellectual leap from this.
edit on 27-1-2011 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

It's down but you can cache the site text from google.

They have some high tech security measures in place. To access some of their other sites you need correct port numbers and passwords, etc...
edit on 27-1-2011 by Smell The Roses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Dear Friends and Allies
We helped Tunisia to break the dictatorship.
We ,soon, gonna be able to take over the internet censorship in Egypt
As me we did for Tunisia.

Expect Us

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Conciliatore

we support thr removal of corrupt puppet govenments
the people ARE the power
leigion

xp

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conciliatore
Dear Friends and Allies
We helped Tunisia to break the dictatorship.
We ,soon, gonna be able to take over the internet censorship in Egypt
As me we did for Tunisia.

Expect Us

i beg your pardon Conciliatore !! , no one help Egypt today ,
that is what we see here , only Egyptian fight for their freedom now in the seen "lonely"
so plz be careful that it is not just "talk for talking"
BTW* there is no facebook or twitter and bad connection now in Egypt

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Originally posted by Smell The Roses

You know very little about the subject to speak so freely on it.
I know very well what I speak of because I was "Anonymous" before the meme was created on 4chan.

Christ, I helped plan the DDoS on the various scientology sites in the very early stages of operation chanology.

What the hell do you know about what I know?

Anonymous is most definitely a REAL group.

Groups have determined leaders, objectives and coordination. A majority of Anonymous merely collaborate on ideas. Sometimes small groups will form like The Patriotic Nigra's for example for specific goals that are groups, but a Anonymous mostly operates freely without leadership or coordination. If the objective is small enough, an Anon can go it alone simply because they don't need anyone else. Else, they usually try to spur some discussion and hype on an idea, creating image macros, trying to force memes, and creating videos.

I couldn't even begin giving some guess of how often someone calls for a crusade against something, or makes a personal army request, or creates "operation X", and it loses steam after a couple weeks.

When they've garnered enough support that they can DDoS government sites down, raid countless egyptian based forums, and you see people protesting in guy fawkes masks, give me a call. Otherwise the dozen or so people doing anything related to this will have gone on to playing some new game they pirated, or fapping to some futa.

Peoples attention span regarding doing this stuff isn't exactly long, unless the momentum keeps up from the past operations, which really amounted to sharing script kiddie tools, this won't mean a damn thing.

And no I am not going to provide proof...do some research that doesn't involve youtube.

Don't be like the person who told me 711chan is an active site and anything going on in their /i/ should be regarded with any legitimacy or warrant any attention as nothing ever happens there. I know better on this subject more than most because I've been around for it far longer than a majority who follow it now.
edit on 27-1-2011 by SpectreDC because: (no reason given)

I can confirm that this is accurate and true. Star for you!

Second.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Fine sir, the group "Anonymous" was not founded by 4chan, you are sadly mistaken. Anonymous is simply what your posting "name" is if you don't supply further information (go figure).

Anonymous means a lot more than just the script kiddies on 4chan, and if you helped coordinate attacks on Scientology, why aren't you out there helping Anonymous right now?

And, they're not real "hackers"? Well, I'd say they do a fine job at social engineering by recruiting a bunch of idiots who don't know the first thing about technology to arm a DDoS tool.

I'll personally guarantee you the people who are running these operations don't give a flying crap about 4chan or any other message board for that matter, and the more unknown categories of Anonymous(i.e. real hackers), have methods of truly interrupting traffic flow, obtaining documents and quite possibly destroying anything they see fit.

And for the "they're trying to get the internet shut down crowd", if they wanted to tamper with things that we're that fragile, they'd have already done it.

You need to backtrack, just because you went on 4chan and said HUR HUR EVERYONE LOAD YOUR CANNONZ doesn't make you a hacker, doesn't make you any more knowledgeable about anon than the rest of us, and doesn't make you a viable source to know ANYTHING about their agenda. The USA's DoD and black op's budget is pretty damn Anonymous, what do you know about that?

Same applies here.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Regardless who is in Anonymous or not, if they can do what they do best and bring more attention to this cause and help get the corrupt Egyptian government ousted then great. Doesn't matter to me whether they destroy the servers for the Egyptian government's websites or help spread the message of getting aid and support for the protesters, as long as a seemingly corrupt regime is gone and they can have leaders they agree with then what the hey, go for it.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Contrary to popular belief the Government doesn't exactly use the "top-o-the-line" protection. While doing work for the Census I couldn't help but laugh when I discovered they used Norton for their antivirus/firewall. Naturally I assume that more important documentation is better protected, however the link they posted in the video isn't a web browser html address, it's an Mirc address. Mirc isn't exactly a user friendly place, it's a darknet with next to no GUI. Almost everything is command based, insinuating that if these people are congregating on Mirc, they must have SOME decent computer and networking skills. Ask yourself this, what is more efficient? One Einstein, or a thousand people that are half as intelligent working together?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vortiki

Ask yourself this, what is more efficient? One Einstein, or a thousand people that are half as intelligent working together?

I'll vote for one Einstein, because in my experiance, most people are so dumb that even a thousand of them wouldnt equal to Einstein.

Add to that a thousand people have a thousand different motivation factors and goals. They will not be driven to greatness without a great mind leading them.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fedeykin

Which is why I stated that it was a group working together. You appear to underestimate the power of intelligent individuals that have similar goals. The point here is that it doesn't matter if you have a group of script kiddies or a group of telnet masterminds; These aren't your average computer users and they are all pointing their "weapons of choice" at the same target. This is a PRIME example of why TPTB is terrified of their 'Divide and Conquer' strategy being downtrodden upon. When people are fed up with something and start working together to achieve a common goal, things start happening. Less important things are cast aside; Things like race, or heritage, or economic status. People are brought together under certain circumstances, and when people are willing working with one another things get done. We've seen various websites DDoS'd down multiple times in the past already. Now that these people are realizing their potential, they are giving it some serious direction. So much serious direction in fact, that governments have began to look for them and start arresting people that are affiliated with these DDoS "attacks".

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
You know very little about the subject to speak so freely on it.
I know very well what I speak of because I was "Anonymous" before the meme was created on 4chan.

================================================
Didn't bother to read after this line because you're first statement is itself incorrect.

Go figure "an ex Anonymous", whatever that means.

edit on 28-1-2011 by name pending because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

i beg your pardon Conciliatore !! , no one help Egypt today , that is what we see here , only Egyptian fight for their freedom now in the seen "lonely" so plz be careful that it is not just "talk for talking"

Dear Friend

due to the actual situation in Egypt.
I think i dont need to elaborate further, dont you think ?

Here, is a display of the small portion of our power we use for freedom.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join