It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Egypt - Anonymous Press Release - 26/01/2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

This is a video by professional pro-freedom hackers. I would be awfully worried right about now if I was the Egyptian government.
edit on 1/27/2011 by Misoir because: Question answered

edit on 27-1-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
They are super hackers. They are mostly for free speech and they certainly have the powers to cause major problems for those they target. They are like the rebel in the night that does things most can only think of. This is actually an amazing find because for the first time I was able to get their actual website from that video description. Now I'm not sure how they get away with advertising their location given what they have done and threatened to do, but if anyone can get away with it, these folks can.

Edit: I see how they get away with it now. They say right on the site. These guys are the real deal. Again...AMAZING FIND. S+F

"We will keep you updated on new addresses for AnonNews, in case it gets blocked. The migration has been completed, we should be running stable from now on. Whoever attacks AnonNews at this moment, thanks for testing our new host."
edit on 26-1-2011 by Smell The Roses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

so they are going to hack and protest...... i think that egypt won't change ..... there threat may be falling on deaf ears

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Glad I could be of service to you...

Also thank you for informing me on what they are and what they do.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411
reply to post by Misoir

so they are going to hack and protest...... i think that egypt won't change ..... there threat may be falling on deaf ears

Gary McKinnon

Imagine 100 of these guys targeting your network. These people are capable of single handed pentagon infiltration. Seriously, these folks are no joke and I would not take their word lightly nor think they can not cause change.

Look at what Wikileaks has done...they LITERALLY started a truth movement.

All I am saying is to have a bit of hope. If hope should be given to anyone it is the few that can actually help us. Anonymous is definitely a group we want to have hope in. If these small rebel packs get taken down what can we ever expect to get done to change things? HOPE

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Seems like the Arab world is waking up and seeing that their "western" imposed Governments are corrupt..

Wonder if it will build and spread to the West where the real corruption is?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
UPDATE:

www.darkreading.com...

Following the recent uprising in Tunisia and new protests in Egypt against President Hosni Mubarak, the online collective known as Anonymous is showing its support for the protesters by orchestrating distributed denial of service attacks against key Egyptian websites.

Researchers at the Internet security services company Netcraft said in a blog today that "Operation: Egypt" began its recruitment campaign three days ago, inviting participants to join the #OpEgypt channel on its IRC network.

"IRC appears to be the primary control point now, with the current target set to www.mcit.gov.eg – The Egyptian Ministry of Communications and Information Technology," Netcraft reports.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The only fear is it will lead to internet shutdown...

But then you might really see people get piss&% when they find Facebook or whatever is down..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Seems like the Arab world is waking up and seeing that their "western" imposed Governments are corrupt..

Wonder if it will build and spread to the West where the real corruption is?

'The Land of The Brave' this month is in Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon and Algeria

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Its comming to a town near you soon!
I cannot imagine the whole thing making it global........!
If there ever was a time for somebody who could say the words that will stir mens souls everywhere...its now.
The world is ripe and poised on the edge of change,ripe, because the third world has suddenly come to fruitition, and a tipping point has been reached.
The natural outcome of this is the uniiversal demand for freedom, and human rights everywhere.
We can only hope that TPB take a lesson from these outcrys and back off from their systematic plundering of the peoples wealth.
The simple fact is no matter whether you live in chicago or timbuktu, the same kind of corruption goes on.
This is a sign that there is hope, and a signal that we can agree from this level,internationally, and make a difference by showing our unity.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I can go on youtube and find countless "Operation X" videos using a computer voice and using the anonymous symbol over it.

It means, at least, a single person is doing something. That's it.

A video doesn't mean anything. Anonymous isn't a group and it isn't organized in the extent that a single video gives any form of authenticity to what the video talks about because its from Anonymous.

Furthermore, super hackers? 90% of them are script kiddies using stuff made by actual hackers; most couldn't hack a router using WEP let alone actually hack a website or christ, a government database/server.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Misoir

The only fear is it will lead to internet shutdown...

But then you might really see people get piss&% when they find Facebook or whatever is down..

Egypt shut down twitter

Protesters, activitists and inside journalists were using twitter to get their messages, videos, photos out

Over 30,000 protesters in just one venue in Egypt, 1000s on the street in many more cities in Egypt and the same day many were also protesting in Tunisia and Lebanon

Fantastic to see how social media networks are being used in the middle east and other countries to organise themselves, definitely are not text warriors, they actually leave their monitors and keyboards and it only took a day or so to organise and assemble themselves

The homelands of the Brave ....

Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon, Algeria

Fighting for freedom

Fighting for Independent Government

Fighting for Justice

Fighting for Flow of Information and Truth

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
I can go on youtube and find countless "Operation X" videos using a computer voice and using the anonymous symbol over it.

It means, at least, a single person is doing something. That's it.

A video doesn't mean anything. Anonymous isn't a group and it isn't organized in the extent that a single video gives any form of authenticity to what the video talks about because its from Anonymous.

Furthermore, super hackers? 90% of them are script kiddies using stuff made by actual hackers; most couldn't hack a router using WEP let alone actually hack a website or christ, a government database/server.

You know very little about the subject to speak so freely on it. Anonymous is most definitely a REAL group. And no I am not going to provide proof...do some research that doesn't involve youtube.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Anonymous

were also providing “care packages” (COD gamers will recognise the term) of anonymisation tools and advice to Egyptian geeks, as they had done in Tunisia and Algeria, spamming Egyptian police email, fax and phone numbers and filtering information about how to work around Egyptian censorship.

The Mubarak government — evidently unconvinced by Western commentators who argue social media is no threat to dictatorships — had launched a pre-prepared plan to shut down web browserr access to Twitter, which was being used to spread information about the protests, but users found they were able to access it via applications such as Tweetdeck, meaning those on the front line could still provide information about what was going on.

Source: www.crikey.com.au...

Basically Anonymous has also helped citizens get around internet censorship/shutdown in these countries planning protests and protests on the ground on the day

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Can we hope what happened in Tunisia was just the first stone thrown into the pond?

And how far will the pipple spread?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses

You know very little about the subject to speak so freely on it.
I know very well what I speak of because I was "Anonymous" before the meme was created on 4chan.

Christ, I helped plan the DDoS on the various scientology sites in the very early stages of operation chanology.

What the hell do you know about what I know?

Anonymous is most definitely a REAL group.

Groups have determined leaders, objectives and coordination. A majority of Anonymous merely collaborate on ideas. Sometimes small groups will form like The Patriotic Nigra's for example for specific goals that are groups, but a Anonymous mostly operates freely without leadership or coordination. If the objective is small enough, an Anon can go it alone simply because they don't need anyone else. Else, they usually try to spur some discussion and hype on an idea, creating image macros, trying to force memes, and creating videos.

I couldn't even begin giving some guess of how often someone calls for a crusade against something, or makes a personal army request, or creates "operation X", and it loses steam after a couple weeks.

When they've garnered enough support that they can DDoS government sites down, raid countless egyptian based forums, and you see people protesting in guy fawkes masks, give me a call. Otherwise the dozen or so people doing anything related to this will have gone on to playing some new game they pirated, or fapping to some futa.

Peoples attention span regarding doing this stuff isn't exactly long, unless the momentum keeps up from the past operations, which really amounted to sharing script kiddie tools, this won't mean a damn thing.

And no I am not going to provide proof...do some research that doesn't involve youtube.

Don't be like the person who told me 711chan is an active site and anything going on in their /i/ should be regarded with any legitimacy or warrant any attention as nothing ever happens there. I know better on this subject more than most because I've been around for it far longer than a majority who follow it now.
edit on 27-1-2011 by SpectreDC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Ellen15

Can we hope what happened in Tunisia was just the first stone thrown into the pond?

And how far will the pipple spread?

I dont see it spreading to Australia or even Canada, definitely not in the USA

We witnessed protests in the UK and various European Countries, hopefully more to follow

BTW
Tunisia New Government has kept some of the OLD REGIME members in Government Departments/Portfolios ... continues to arrest citizens, something the NEW government said they wouldnt do and claimed they would release people who were arrested by the OLD regime.. DIDNT HAPPEN

Its not over for the Tunisians
However they are strong, they are brave and realise the fight for justice doesnt result over night, achievements dont happen with protests scattered over 12 months

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

So they don't have a leader? They have nobody organizing their operations? And you worked for them?

Hehe sorry if it wasn't so late I would create a thread dedicated just to Anonymous, their work, and their capabilities.

I do get that the entirety of Anonymous is not the core group. That is the best part about them, they are very hard to tag due to they way they execute their ideas.

But to think there is no leadership, no organization, no goals???
To just call them kids fapping to fruto or whatever?

Sorry but I smell ignorance.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Smell The Roses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Earlier today, the Egyptian government blocked Twitter, and also cut mobile phone coverage around Tahrir Square, leaving protesters with no means to communicate with the outside world.

This led to a spontaneous act by residents in the neighborhood to remove the passwords from their wireless routers so protesters could go online:

@Mohrad: Citizens and shops canceled the passwords of their wireless routers. Protesters in Tahrir square can reach people now.

Also, nearby shops began offering protesters food and water.

@Mohrad: From Tahrir: Hardees gave out free sandwiches to protesters, but the police stopped them and asked them to leave. Shops refused, and joined the people.

A few celebrities joined the protests, and were updating their Twitter accounts. Actors Amr Waked and Khaled Aboul Naga, a female television presenter Bouthayna Kamel, director Amr Salama, and politician Ayman Nour.

Amr Salama and Khaled Aboul Naga, wrote wrote an update from the protesters to all Egyptians:

From protesters: We will stay in Tahrir Sq. We will not move. We will stay and continue our demonstration tomorrow morning despite police brutality. Whoever can join us, please do. Whoever can bring us water or food, please do. We will get them out of the country. Believe it. Get involved Egyptians!

the mood changed abruptly around midnight when police began dispersing protesters in Tahrir Square by force.

@Mohamed_A_Ali tweeted from the location of the sit in:
They started beating. Help us.

Source: globalvoicesonline.org...

I've been following the protest coverage on various hashes notices on twitter

A tweet I had read by either a reporter or local citizen (cant remember who now lol) said there were "older ladies in apartments were throwing glasses and pots and pans down on the police"

I couldnt help but have a good chuckle over that one! LOVED IT

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

The strength in Anon is the it relies mostly on masses of neckbeared 16 year old basement dwellers looking for internet cred because they are running a program that amasses DDoS attacks onto another server that takes 2 minutes to set up.

Are there....leaders? I would say there are a core group of individuals involved in formulating ideas, figuring out ways to be more efficient and such, brainstorming long term goals, but its nothing concrete and mostly for data inquiry. I would say it's more of a "gray beard" crowd, some wise old fags because many of us back in the day knew one another.

I don't need a history lesson, because I was around and often involved in a lot of Anonymous' past actions. With that said, the reason you see me downplaying a lot of it is because we rely on hype. We build hype because hype brings manpower, and through man power we can get things done, which then creates more hype and prestige for what happens bringing more people in.....ad infintium. That's how Anonymous operates. It's through hype.

Me downplaying it brings it down to more realistic levels of where its at, and that's somewhere between lasting another week or two, to possibly gaining enough momentum to continue and build to what some of the earlier operations were like.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join