It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway in Lockdown Status

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
"Salt Lake City (ABC 4 News) - Dugway Proving Ground has been closed to incoming and outgoing traffic."...

link to story

edit on 26-1-2011 by hiii_98 bMod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.ecause: (no reason given)

edit on 2011/1/27 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Why the heck would they have to lockdown a place like that? Anyone ideas?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
someone already beat cha to the story !www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
On the surface this looks like some kind of security breach. They do this in response to some incident like what happened when Ramstein was attacked in Sept 1981 with a car bomb. We don't know why but the reason will come out tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

someone already beat cha to the story !www.abovetopsecret.com...

i just find it interesting that NO ONE is allowed in or out. I just got word that a team of investigators are planning to dispatched, to skywatch the base tomorrow. I'll report their findings as they come in.
edit on 26-1-2011 by hiii_98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I can see having forums for bases and "breaking news" leads to confusion. Most of the time the breaking news is ... well.. not my thing, so I appreciate the post in the "bases" forum.

I checked the notams for the base and see nothing unusual. I suppose aircraft heading to the base would be refused landing rights if it really is locked down, but it seems odd they didn't post this as a notam.

Here is the link for notams:
notam

Enter KDPG for Dugway.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
who knows mabye its just a training excercise

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
I can see having forums for bases and "breaking news" leads to confusion. Most of the time the breaking news is ... well.. not my thing, so I appreciate the post in the "bases" forum.

I checked the notams for the base and see nothing unusual. I suppose aircraft heading to the base would be refused landing rights if it really is locked down, but it seems odd they didn't post this as a notam.

Here is the link for notams:
notam

Enter KDPG for Dugway.

i'm a pilot as well.. that is interesting! hmmm

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Press conference at 1PM MST today.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

An overnight lockdown, triggered when vial of the deadly VX nerve agent went temporarily missing, was lifted early Thursday morning at Utah’s sprawling, 801,000-acre Dugway Proving Ground.

www.sltrib.com... -thursday.html.csp

new topics

top topics

join