It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey UFO UPDATE Dr Roger Leir speaks about ET FOOTAGE

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by Human_Alien

Nah, little toy UFO's shouldn't shake your boots ...

In my opinion the videos are a clever combination of filming a model in a small room (the audio track confirms that), and then cutting to actual outdoor footage at a beach. I speculate that the object in the outdoor footage is a partially lit boat, or some other floating object that was there at the time.

For those who want to explore my "small room theory": download the original audio, then analyze the direct audio and the room information (early reflections) with a MS decoder. Don't take my word for it, but see for yourself.

Thanks for your time.

Are you saying Roger Leir was in on a hoax?
If it WASN'T for him, I'd tend to agree although, I gotta say, when I saw those beings, it felt quite real and I...do not get spooked, impressed or hoodwinked too often.

But please clear this up about your position regarding Dr Leir. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
They fly great distances to reach our planet, hover for a bit over it and then buzz off without saying hello. Wtf is that about? Seriously looks like a waste of time to me. Maybe they are self conscious about their looks

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

My friend,

I cannot speak for others. I don't know what the good Dr. was thinking, but data doesn't lie. It's clear to me that the night time footage was not recorded in an open space. Open space doesn't give you early reflections.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Are you saying Roger Leir was in on a hoax?
If it WASN'T for him, I'd tend to agree although, I gotta say, when I saw those beings, it felt quite real and I...do not get spooked, impressed or hoodwinked too often.

Look to me like ..yup, for some reason he tossed his hat into the wrong ring.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by punctual
Can you post a source claiming that it was a hoax? thanks

Doesn't MUFON investigate these sorts of videos? I searched their site for case files in TURKEY and did not find this sighting there. I wonder why?

There ya go

edit on 30-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Lemme ask ya something. If this was a hoax, what was gained by it?
Surely he MUST'VE known someone might call him out on this. So, what was the advantage? Was he peddling and promoting a book (I really don't know. I'm genuinely asking)

Roger Leir was never my favorite among the UFO community but that doesn't mean I think he's a phony.
Has any other UFOlogists (like Budd Hopkins, David Jacob etc) ever called him a less-than stand up man?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Lemme ask ya something. If this was a hoax, what was gained by it?

I have no idea yet... but I have seen many others do the same thing... start with a great story... then make up stuff as time goes on. I am still unsure about those implants and the piece of Roswell metal he claims to have. He won't let anyone else examine them....

So I am on the fence regarding him at the moment

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Someone requested the full version of the 2008 sighting... here's the exact same footage used for the video, I dont think its the full version. It includes the "moving light" across the surface of the craft.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by VtaUFO

Whoever uploaded that video is an idiot for putting those annoying YouTube annotations on it that obstruct the picture and distract the eye.

I am especially annoyed by the first annotation which tells us the video is "100 percent genuine."

Gee, thanks so much for that information pal. Otherwise I would have worried it was only 99 percent genuine.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Oh, I think I figured it out.

It has to do with the guy using an external telescope as a lens, as shown at the beginning of the May 22, 2008, footage. It's why there frequently seems to be some bad editing done just before he zooms in on the light. He's putting the telescope in place. Somehow, he's filming a curved distortion of the light on the inside of the telescope. It's not necessarily the same boat, but it's a similar reflection of a light as it's distorted on the inside of the telescope.

Yup I do believe you got it
Found this collection of the various frames... I was always wondering why they were always at the same angle. This explains that and backs your theory
They sure do look like lends parts this way

Bob Dean's NSAS UFO

Credit Andre Duarte

3rd stage of Saturn V, AKA SIV-B

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Interesting theory... although these objects have been proven to be in camera, at some distance. I understand what you're trying to prove, but I'm afraid that these objects are not lenses. The 2008 footage is definitive proof, in my opinion. This case has been sent through the wash several times and always comes out clean.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
Originally posted by zorgon
A LOT of manipulation. Every time we see these aliens, they are different. At one point they war a praying mantis. Without copying the aliens from someone else, I would like to see some other people on here capture scenes from the videos and show me their version of these aliens.

OH and do a few different captures in sequence because each frame they look different

Unknown Soldier wrote...

I guess that is what im saying, they are "morphing" it seems. Maybe someone is taking note of Romnaneck's window alien hoax? Then again maybe it is actually Alien beings after all fighting to get in the shot, so that they may stroke their ego's over 15 minutes of fame on youtube

To me it appears one alien on the right looks different then the other for what it's worth. Im trying to remain skeptical about this but to be fair , just to say the aliens were later added somehow does not explain it away. Im actually interested in this. Still on the fence besides myself none the less.

Hi, I think there are no aliens neither odd looking humans.

I think anyone of us in some cases could see things distorted or
erroneously perceived because some kind of phenomena called
"PAREIDOLIA"

"PAREIDOLIA" is defined like a psychological phenomenon by which a vague
and random stimulus is erroneously perceived as a recognizable form that one
sees of what is looking for, and also is a “mental Prejudice” which is a mental
distortion that affects the way in which we the humans perceived the reality.

Some of these processes have been verified empirically in the field of psychology,
others are being considered like general categories of prejudices.

"Pareidolia is a type of illusion or deficiency in the perception that involves
a vague stimulus that clearly is perceived like something or somebody".

"The Face on Mars is a phenomenon that succeeded the Martian canals,
both eventually attributed to pareidolia, when the "seen" images disappeared
in better and more numerous images"

I recomend you to read Carl Sagan's book:
“The Demon-Haunted World - Science as a Candle in the Dark”

I invite you to watch this video I've created regarding the case of the
NASA's Spirit rover "Mars humanoid" where Pareidolia could let
us (me) see more "figures"

Regards,

PD....I still think the Yalcin Yalman's Turkey UFO is a boat.

edit on 4-2-2011 by alfafox because: EDIT: Changed Pohenix Lander to 'NASA's Spirit rover'

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by VtaUFOThe 2008 footage is definitive proof, in my opinion. This case has been sent through the wash several times and always comes out clean.

Well of course it does... you have a vested interest Mr Ventura UFO

But I figure 40 years from now it will still be on the list with Roswell

edit on 4-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48a310ebc5d8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c49b2a3134d5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eda0b613f850.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7c03e2ac966.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

This is the first I've seen or heard of "Bob Dean's NSAS UFO " (I guess you meant NASA UFO?)

Could you please elaborate on this?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I dont know if the following video is a desperate attempt to prove its not a hoax but interesting anyway.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by VtaUFO

Are there any estimates on when the rest of the video will be uploaded?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetzog
I dont know if the following video is a desperate attempt to prove its not a hoax but interesting anyway.

www.youtube.com...

Given that Apollo 20 never flew, I'd say it was a hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join