It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrity Journalist: I Never Spoke to Hawaii Gov About Obama Birth Certificate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Afterbirthers are going to be left crying in their beer on this one.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by sara123123

There's no stopping the birthers, they aren't interested in the truth.

Like I said, put this individual on a stand, swear him in under penalty of perjury and let's see what truth comes out of it.

You are so closed minded that truth is an anathema to you. You seem to prefer vitriol while sitting back and claiming that you seek what you ridicule. I'm all for it!! Let's let this ding-a-ling put his money where his mouth is. You asked for it, correct? You indicated a lawsuit was in order. By all means, let's hope that takes place! I've got my popcorn popper ready.
edit on 26-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

Afterbirthers are going to be left crying in their beer on this one.

You know wuk if the left weren't so offensive all the time people might be persuaded to consider your side more often; as it is any "supposed fact" that comes to forward becomes a personal afront and not weighed on its merits. I..E.".Stupid tinglers"; racists,burfers; teabaggers.etc.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

More people would believe in this nonsense if there was ANY credible evidence to support it, but there isn't. Most of it is made up lies that get exposed like the OP!
edit on 1/27/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

So, if Fox News lies and they are reporting the fact this guy lied...... Does that mean the guy really didn't lie?

I'm just curious as to what the OP has to say in response to this post considering I think he has a point in that your logic is faulty.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

So, if Fox News lies and they are reporting the fact this guy lied...... Does that mean the guy really didn't lie?

FOX News has an obvious anti-Obama agenda, anyone who denies this obviously has never watched a moment of FOX News. Why would they lie about something that benefits the POTUS? This would go against their basic premise of all their broadcasting.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Yea that's right folks, he made it ALL UP, gee, another Birther lie exposed,

And you sometimes wonder why they continue to bring up Mr Tim Adams and Obamas grandmother when these claims are completely unauthenticated . But hey, birthers may feel that making a "little" lie here and there is justified enough to demand Obama's birth certificate. That is logic for ya.

If people make mistakes and admit they were misinformed, I have no problem with that, but to this day I have not seen one birther hold themselves accountable over the countless lies out there.

Hawaii official now swears: No Obama birth certificate Signs affidavit declaring long-form, hospital-generated document absent Read more: Hawaii official now swears: No Obama birth certificate www.wnd.com...

Tim Adams statement is Authenticated - as you well know! - unlike any of Barry's claims to be elligible.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

You have never actually read the full article have you?

Gilford Securities, founded in 1979, is a full-service boutique investment firm headquartered in NYC providing financial services to institutional and retail clients, from investment banking and equity research to retirement planning and wealth management. The views, opinions, positions or strategies of the author are his alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Gilford Securities. Gilford Securities makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability or validity of any information herein and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

Read more: Hawaii official now swears: No Obama birth certificate www.wnd.com...

What does this matter? Well, this basically shows that Jerome Corsi, senior managing director of the Financial Services Group at Gilford Securites, the writer of this article is pulling this entire thing out of his ass, and had to add that legal in order to not be sued into oblivion.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

No - it means that is just a general disclaimer by the owners applying to every article on that site!

Fact is that Tim Adams (a lefty) has signed an affidavit and is prepared to testify in court!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Do you notice that kind of disclaimer on any real news site? No you don't, and do you know why there aren't those disclaimers on any real news sites? Because REAL news sites offer REAL news, and don't make things up.

If he was actually telling the truth, he wouldn't need that disclaimer would he?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

That is a standard disclaimer for that type of site!
Instead of attacking the source - why don't you try to deal with the substance of the article!

Don't you think it a bit rich - that you demand scrupulous documentation and proof for every story about the Obama elligibillity issue - when by its very nature it is immpossible to obtain - and yet in thesame breath you accept Obamas word, without any documentation or proof whatso-ever that he is elligable to be POTUS.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Just for the record here, WND is reporting the story of Evans alleged tall tale. I imagine that Evans' phone was ringing off the hook after his interview got some serious air time. Hence the retraction. Blame the liar not the source reporting the story of an interview on a radio station. Or do we blame the radio station and whoever signs Evans' paycheck too??

If was telling a complete bald face lie, he took one hell of a risk in doing so. Suddenly, the entertainment reporter now has nothing to report. Will he lose his job, his reputation etc etc.. Why take such a huge risk with an alleged lie? The guy is either a complete idiot or someone got to him.

Anyway, there are at least 10 states that are seeking to plug the eligibility loophole in the Presidential election process.

Arizona may have the most advanced plan, but 10 of the United States – controlling 107 Electoral College votes – are now considering some type of legislation that would plug the hole in federal election procedures that in 2008 allowed Barack Obama to be nominated, elected and inaugurated without providing proof of his qualifications under the U.S. Constitution.

And they aren't all the simple legislation such as that adopted in New Hampshire a year ago that requires an affidavit from a candidate stating that the qualifications – age, residency and being a "natural born citizen" – have been met.

In Georgia, for example, HB37 by Rep. Bobby Franklin not only demands original birth-certificate documentation, it provides a procedure for and declares that citizens have "standing" to challenge the documentation.

The details state by state:
Read more: 10 states now developing eligibility proof-demands www.wnd.com...

The push is on!!
edit on 27-1-2011 by jibeho because: add content

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You have never actually read the full article have you?

Gilford Securities, founded in 1979, is a full-service boutique investment firm headquartered in NYC providing financial services to institutional and retail clients, from investment banking and equity research to retirement planning and wealth management. The views, opinions, positions or strategies of the author are his alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Gilford Securities. Gilford Securities makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability or validity of any information herein and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

Read more: Hawaii official now swears: No Obama birth certificate www.wnd.com...

What does this matter? Well, this basically shows that Jerome Corsi, senior managing director of the Financial Services Group at Gilford Securites, the writer of this article is pulling this entire thing out of his ass, and had to add that legal in order to not be sued into oblivion.

You'll find disclaimers like that all over the blogosphere. When I send an email from my corporate account there is an automatic legal statement attached to every outgoing message.

Corsi's primary employer is just making a simple separation. The reason why doctors incorporate their practices etc blah blah. NIce try though.

Put the Onus on the alleged liar Evans.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

If WND was a real news source, they would not need any disclaimer whatsoever, if they were reporting facts and not making anything up, they wouldn't be liable for anything.

But this disclaimer shows that in fact this is a lie, and the company the "reporter" (used in the loosest possible sense of the word) works for doesn't want any legal action to damage them arising from their employees outright lies.

Take any news article from CNN, from FOX News, from any legitimate news source, and that disclaimer will not be there because they simply do not need it.

But WND needs it, and the reason they need it is because they are simply a tabloid bull [snip] pseudo news rag and nothing more. The Weekly World News probably has more journalistic integrity.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Just for the record here, WND is reporting the story of Evans alleged tall tale.

So can I take from your post that WND is a reputable news source? It has your personal endorsement as such?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

If WND was a real news source, they would not need any disclaimer whatsoever, if they were reporting facts and not making anything up, they wouldn't be liable for anything.

But this disclaimer shows that in fact this is a lie, and the company the "reporter" (used in the loosest possible sense of the word) works for doesn't want any legal action to damage them arising from their employees outright lies.

Take any news article from CNN, from FOX News, from any legitimate news source, and that disclaimer will not be there because they simply do not need it.

But WND needs it, and the reason they need it is because they are simply a tabloid bull [snip] pseudo news rag and nothing more. The Weekly World News probably has more journalistic integrity.

Read it again!! It is not a disclaimer in the sense that you think it is. It is a disclaimer separating Corsi and his activity on WND from his primary employer. Evans does not work for WND. WND was reporting a simple story based on Evans' interview. The only lie told was apparently by Evans. Simple. Only a couple of people really know if he was telling the truth or not.
edit on 27-1-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
reply to post by schuyler

Good question for the more philosophical members:" is a "liar" lying when he says:" this is the truth"?

A journalist says 'All journalists Are Liars'. If he is telling the truth, then all journalists are liars and he, being a journalist, is a liar so all journalists tell the truth. If he is lying, then all journalists tell the truth,and he, being a journalist tells the truth and all journalists are liars. So he, being a journalist who tells the truth, lies, because he is a journalist. And he, being a journalist who lies, is telling the truth, because he is a journalist.

Conclusion : Don't believe an effing word that comes from the mouth of a journalist.
(p.s. I couldn't care less if this contradicts my comment below...I am a journalist, you see..)

Why would he risk everything with such a huge lie. He was reporting accurately and forced to recant..definately.
Alls ye gotta do is clearly show the facking birth cert.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

If a person claims to be a journalist, they should have integrity and not lie and misrepresent what is actually said.

Show me a photo of a MSM jounalist with integrity these days and I'll be the first one to shout "HOAX" !

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I heard the original broadcast. There wasn't any doubt about what he said. It was unequivocal. There are two choices here.

1. he lied, completely 100% lied

2. He was told to recant, or else.

I'll take #1 with absolute certainty.

Assuming what he originally said was true, then it was still nothing more than hearsay. If what he said was hearsay, then why aren't all the other birthers being forced to recant their hearsay too? It doesn't compute; however, perpetuating a lie does....it's called political agenda.

Nice find OP!

S&F

edit on 27-1-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

Tim Adams statement is Authenticated - as you well know! - unlike any of Barry's claims to be elligible.

Which statement?

This one where he calls Birthers a bunch of racists and says Obama is a U.S. citizen...

I believe Pres. Obama was born a United States citizen, and is eligible to hold office, I find the idea that because he was probably born outside of the U.S., he must be some kind of alien to be basically racist. I do think we should close this issue and pass legislation requiring office seekers to prove identity before running for elected office.

therightsideoflife.co m

...or this one where he states in a video that, again, that Birthers are racists, but also IRRATIONAL and having their fears manipulated by opportunists, because there is no "great global conspiracy" in the U.S. government to destroy the U.S.:

Tim Adams: The All Powerful, Full Access "Elections Clerk".

His own boss at the time said, "“We don’t have access to that kind of records. [There's] no access to birth records.”

Given the fact that this guy not only backtracks/flip-flops on his positions, (or as he claims, is being manipulated and misquoted) and he also trashes the Birther movement trying to hold him up as some sort of hero, do you really think this movement should once again pin their hopes on the flimsy claims he makes?

How many phony stories, "I misspoke" retreats, and fake birth certificates will it take?

Fool me once, shame on you...

- Lee

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join