It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Drum and Bass Track Please Rate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hi Guyz

A new track by me, having some trouble mixing down so if any of you have any ideas please let me know.
Its a work in progress so any opinions, ideas or advice is more than welcome.
Peace

WCS

edit on 26/1/11 by WorstCaseScenario because: (no reason given)

Best heard in 480p quality i reckon
edit on 26/1/11 by WorstCaseScenario because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WorstCaseScenario

hi mate, im a drum and bass producer, like your track. im just writing up some tips for you ill post them in a few mins.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hey, I like it. I'm no professional like the above poster so this is purely opinon but I think maybe some more vocals in it. Maybe female?

ETA: Within Temptation have some good tracks that I think hold some amazing vocals. You might find something you can sample from one of those songs (female wise) that would work with the deep dark feeling of your track? They're on YouTube

edit on 26-1-2011 by ScorpioRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Hey dude, nice track.

I produce drum and bass too.

you got some nice sounds there.

I suggest some EQ'ing.

Drums
-you want the kick at around 100hz and take away anything below that on the kick as you want the sub bass to come through below the kick.

-the snare you should layer up at least 3 different kinds of snares ( 1 one at 150hz, 1 at 175hz and 1 at 200hz) this will really make it punch through!

- hi hats should be EQ'd right at the top end around 5k ( also double up on the hats and pan one set to left and one to the right)

- have the break sitting at around 500hz

This should give you a nice sound on the drums.

any music sitting on top of this should come through nicely.

EQ'ing is the key to mixing well, i studied music production at uni so learned a lot there.

hope that will help you out

What are you using to produce?

here is a link to my stuff

check out 'love st' best one yet

soundcloud.com...

edit on 26-1-2011 by roguesoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

That was pretty cool. I like the subsonic sounding bass. Reminds me of a minimoog.

Maybe some variation to the cymbal/hi hat in the beginning. Its not bad or anything, it just seems to

distract my attention away from the overall mood/vibe being created by the synths.

I play, but don't really know how to record. I have a Fostex digital multi tracker but can only

record two channels out of 8. The owners manual for that is really dry and not helpful. I wish i could record stuff

like that. Nice work.... Stay on it!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
sweet guys thanks for the replies, some top advice there. It can all get a bit muddled when you've heard the same thing over and over....fresh ears in the morning! peace

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by roguesoul

thanks for the wicked reply, checking out your sound cloud in the morning, im beat! using ableton live and the vsti i used was nexus2. All on my laptop and mouse, no midi controller/keyboard which is really getting in the way of fresh ideas but hey its only for fun, im hoping to learn more as i go along really......

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

cool, if you need anymore tips dude, let me know!

night!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

DUDE!!!!!

Your tracks are SO good! really soulfull, clean and tight. Loving the Love St track too really punchy and driving, makes me wanna dance, now following you on SC. Peace bro thanks for the tips

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Had to post another one before i retire! JURRASIC BASS is EPIC dude made me really smile to hear it!!! effing cool especially the half time beats near the middle and the amen works so well. Bloody right on dude.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ScorpioRising

cool thanks i'll check em out,
you from Sussex then? I'm in Brighton

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Haha, still posting at 3am!

Cheers dude

keep up the good work!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Nice job and great advice from rouge to help you just clean it up soundwise...but overall good thoughts goin on...
its all about mastering the craft...

remember when it comes down to drum and bass and the many other genres it basically come down to just a "time"... have a little fun with the sounds...

in this day age its not good enough to entertain guest... you have to blow them away....

heres a great DnB song that was a big hit in 10

and rouge good stuff!!!

im gonna try and find a great spot for that in a future mix.... I love the franchise

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by antibren

Cool cheers, yeah thats a remix by friction and camo, friction is a brighton boy too, good tune and prefer it to the Dr P dubstep version.
There were alot of good DnB tunes last year, this one really stuck out for me as very original Noisia Exodus

embedding is refusing to work for me at the moment for some f'd up reason
edit on 27/1/11 by WorstCaseScenario because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
nice track. got any dubstep?

" a heavy bassline is my kind of silence"...

(" ,) \m/

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nvprose1

on its way bro
i dont have a studio or anything, this is all done on a laptop and headphones with a mouse. i am working on a nifty dubstep tune at the moment even tho i think dubstep has gone too brostep recently cos everyone wants to hear that darkest nasty sounds and personally i dont think thats what its all about but once ive finished youll be the first to hear....

new topics

top topics

join