It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a powerful visual description of electromagnetic spin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i will not launch into a lengthy diatribe on the curious use of the word "spin" in physics.

this video serves as a powerful example of UP and DOWN.....and how a change of perspective of 90 degrees along a dimensional axis can and does produce incredible effects. and problems of interpretation.

to people that like to think of reality as sophisticated illusion heads up:
to people that are always begging for the cliffs notes version heads up:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Perhaps it's just me and I'm missing it...

Can you explain how this relates to electromagnetic spin???

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
you will notice that nothing here is spinning, as in like a top.

however, you might consider that the camera angle is spinning.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Perspective determines the laws at which things work when your only method of measurment is through that "perspective".

The illusion gives a false observation of which is why it is an illusion. The illusion requires a "set" point of perspective much like being trapped in a lower dimension and not being able to perceive/observe/measure the higher dimensions. How would flat-landers (2 dimensional beings) measure gravity?

edit: i too don't see the relation to electromagnetic "spin" in this illusion...

edit on 26-1-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne
reply to post by Sly1one

i don't like to detract from the "worth 1000 words" power of the video above. but i will offer a brief explanation.

i really like that Sly1one brought up the example of "flatland". it is quite pertinent. in the following illustration, you will see particles moving in across a single dimension. their movements form a regular pattern of compression and rarefaction.

in the next drawing, you can see that the compression and rarefaction across a single plane are correlated across a second domain. this is shown as UPDOWN correlated to LEFTRIGHT.

so now, if you will, observe during the camera rotation reaches the half-point. this is the point of intersection across the third (of three) dimensions. a snapshot, rendered below, shows exactly how activity within the first two dimensional planes are coordinated by angular momentum across the third dimension. (observe the UP and LEFT orientation)

the reverse of this, of course, is the DOWN and RIGHT correlation. this is achieved by rotating the image by 180 degrees.

it should be noted that, although the image is rotated by 180 degrees, the original angles themselves were at a 45 degree angle. therefore the cumulative angular difference between the UPDOWNLEFTRIGHT is

*90 degrees*

.....the most wonderful thing about this all is that, once you have digested all of the technical information, you can watch the video and see quite plainly how a rotation of 90 degrees across a single dimensional plane results in a "MAGNETIC" polarization of the particle units involved in the transaction.

i hope that this explaination is sufficient. please let me know if you need any more details.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
i am giving this a bump. sorry that i didnt come back and make an explanation until the thread fell off the radar!

new topics

top topics

join