It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a powerful visual description of electromagnetic spin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i will not launch into a lengthy diatribe on the curious use of the word "spin" in physics.

this video serves as a powerful example of UP and DOWN.....and how a change of perspective of 90 degrees along a dimensional axis can and does produce incredible effects. and problems of interpretation.

to people that like to think of reality as sophisticated illusion heads up:
to people that are always begging for the cliffs notes version heads up:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Perhaps it's just me and I'm missing it...

Can you explain how this relates to electromagnetic spin???

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
you will notice that nothing here is spinning, as in like a top.

however, you might consider that the camera angle is spinning.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Perspective determines the laws at which things work when your only method of measurment is through that "perspective".

The illusion gives a false observation of which is why it is an illusion. The illusion requires a "set" point of perspective much like being trapped in a lower dimension and not being able to perceive/observe/measure the higher dimensions. How would flat-landers (2 dimensional beings) measure gravity?

edit: i too don't see the relation to electromagnetic "spin" in this illusion...

edit on 26-1-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne
reply to post by Sly1one

i don't like to detract from the "worth 1000 words" power of the video above. but i will offer a brief explanation.

i really like that Sly1one brought up the example of "flatland". it is quite pertinent. in the following illustration, you will see particles moving in across a single dimension. their movements form a regular pattern of compression and rarefaction.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34c0cdde3869.gif[/atsimg]

in the next drawing, you can see that the compression and rarefaction across a single plane are correlated across a second domain. this is shown as UPDOWN correlated to LEFTRIGHT.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dac447183362.jpg[/atsimg]

so now, if you will, observe during the camera rotation reaches the half-point. this is the point of intersection across the third (of three) dimensions. a snapshot, rendered below, shows exactly how activity within the first two dimensional planes are coordinated by angular momentum across the third dimension. (observe the UP and LEFT orientation)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fcd1a62f26bc.jpg[/atsimg]

the reverse of this, of course, is the DOWN and RIGHT correlation. this is achieved by rotating the image by 180 degrees.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1e8885d1af7.jpg[/atsimg]

it should be noted that, although the image is rotated by 180 degrees, the original angles themselves were at a 45 degree angle. therefore the cumulative angular difference between the UPDOWNLEFTRIGHT is

*90 degrees*

.....the most wonderful thing about this all is that, once you have digested all of the technical information, you can watch the video and see quite plainly how a rotation of 90 degrees across a single dimensional plane results in a "MAGNETIC" polarization of the particle units involved in the transaction.

i hope that this explaination is sufficient. please let me know if you need any more details.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
i am giving this a bump. sorry that i didnt come back and make an explanation until the thread fell off the radar!

top topics

join