It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Bowl XLV: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Green Bay Packers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Great game, congrats to Green Bay and their fans!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
As a hard core Steelers fan, I'm totally bummed.

But, at least I can look on the bright side: I won't have to spend any money updating all my 6 time champions stuff.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f73bc2e4e8d7.jpg[/atsimg]

Congratulations Packers fans! You guys were the better team this year.

edit on 2/6/11 by FortAnthem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that PetrolCoin will be insufferable for awhile...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I am pretty sure that PetrolCoin will be insufferable for awhile...

He deserves it; I would have been the same way if the Steelers had won.

I even had plans to post an official Steelers fan gloating thread if they won.

So much for that idea...

Congrats Packers, at least you saved me some bucks this year.

ETA: I feel sorry for all the Cowboys fans, now they can't brag that they're the only team to ever beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl anymore.

edit on 2/6/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Damn right I will!!!

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS, BABY!!!!!

I should get an applause or something because I absolutely nailed that Super Bowl prediction.

This is for all the doubters. This was our year. 15 players on IR, 6 of which were starters. Then we lose Sam Shields, Donald Driver, and Charles Woodson in the game and we STILL win!!!

We'll be back next year too. We're getting ALL of our guys back. Grant, Finley, Bigby, Barnett... all of them will be back and so will we.

See you in Indianapolis, fellas.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I won't agree and say they were the better team.

Turn Overs decided that game and GB did capitalize on them.

Congrats GB.

Steelers, let's go get'em next year.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I won't agree and say they were the better team.

How do you figure that? The only thing the Steelers did better was run the ball and win the time of possession. The Packers played well defensively considering they were not only missing a lot of players from the regular season but also lost two players in this game. People seem to overlook just how many Packers players are hurt. Who were the Steelers missing? Their center? They forced turnovers and converted on the mistakes. That's what the better team does. But at the end of the day, all that matters is the scoreboard.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

FTR, IMO, only the fumble was forced... the other two were mistakes by Ben.

I just feel that neither team was the "better" team, IMO, we had two evenly matched teams and minus the TO;s we'd had one heck of a game.

Now that being said, GB won and I congratulate them and their fans. Celebrate it and enjoy it.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

The turnovers is what killed our chances of winning the game tonight. Two picks on Big Ben's part, one of which was taken back for a pick six. Aaron Rodgers and the entire Packers team played one hell of a game for Green Bay. Well played and a well deserved victory Packer Nation.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I respect you guys for not bailing on your team like some other fans do when they lose *cough*Cowboys*cough*.

The fans made a lot of noise this game. I don't think there were many people in attendance who weren't a fan of either team. And it sounded pretty even when the teams were coming out of the tunnel in the pre-game and throughout the game.

I still think these two teams have the best fans in the league. I don't really care how many journalists Jerry Jones pays off to claim the Cowboys are America's team. These two are America's teams. No doubt about it.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
bummed for the steelers loss but green bay played a good game and they deserved it.
such a nail biter game

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
www.nfl.com...

I like Tomlin. He understands the game. He's not a selfish ass like some coaches (Rex Ryan comes to mind).

I think this is the highest respect I have ever had for a Packers opponent in a big game - win or loss. I tend to have a disgust for opponents even if the Packers win. I still hate Atlanta.

But not the Steelers. It's probably because they and the Packers are so similar. Not only in terms of the fan base but also the history, the tradition, the culture, how the team is run and coached, the attitude of the team, everything. You guys have some more aggressive players (I won't say dirty because it's football and it's a rough sport) but other than that, these two teams are basically twins.

On a side note, a video I stumbled upon...

Ahhh, man. Some guys just should not dance. But it's funny.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join