It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect in police shooting was 'talking to an alien'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
In an interview with the suspects brother, the brother said that the suspect was medicated for a shoulder injury as well as depression over the recent break-up with his girlfriend

Well, surprise, another person goes psychotic, and there just happens to be use of antidepressants... Seems to happen a lot, I know I will never take any psych meds ever again. Funny how "medicine" supposedly made to help you not go crazy, ends up doing the opposite so much.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'm not saying he isn't crazy, but something I was reading the other day came to mind. Voice to skull technology. Apparently the tech can put thoughts in your head, they use it in vending machines in Japan. As you walk by the vending machine, they say that you will have the thought that you need whatever the machine has. Now if these are being used in vending machines you can bet your bottom dollar the military is still using this tech. Now I'm not saying every nut job who kills someone is linked to this but what about the seemingly "normal" ones that have a bad experience then just snap. we are very open to the power of suggestion and who knows maybe they're using this tech and of course in a state of depression(or meds) you become more susceptible to it. Just saying, something to think about.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'm no doctor but from the available information psych drugs seem to be the ultimate culprit here. How many times does the same story have to be repeated before people realize that these drugs are particularly dangerous? It always goes something like this "he/she was normal...friends, family, neighbors, co-workers never expected them to do anything...STARTED TAKING ANTI-DEPRESSENTS ___ MONTHS AGO...snapped, killed several people and/or themselves unexpectedly for no apparent reason...people are stunned and don't know why this has happened".

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by angrydog

I had forgotten about the bizarre incident with the twins, interesting twist to the story. Another question mark is that his brother (in interview) declined to answer questions regarding their childhood and upbringing...

Asked a question to describe the upbringing he and his siblings had, he declined comment.

yes..the sister also declined comments...very similar ...scary :O

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Wow...just saw this. How bizarre. Guess they're still looking for him. His friends are now saying he was "paranoid?" Had fantasies about being pursued by the police. www.newsday.com...

edit on 1/26/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
i live nearby and i heard it all go down from start over my radio scanner,

heres something they dont tell you in the news stories, the police have snipers post up at the search area, and in other undisclosed areas, just watching the public, just watching.

another thing i dont see any media mentioning, the suspect used and is carrying a fully automatic rifle,

they say he is most likely gone crazy caused by perscription drugs, something to consider is he kept up the chase from the police with no problem upwards of 90 mph on the windy 101, it wasnt until after two tires caught the spike strips that his vehicle went down, i find it hard to believe anyone could do those speeds on that road late at night unless they were sober and straight of mind,

at 3 different instances throughout this ordeal have the police known exactly where he was, that makes 3 times he has eluded them in this chase, this also seems odd to me,

when he crashed he had at least 2 police vehicles right behind him who witnessed it, how he got away from them after that makes no sense to me also

edit on 1/26/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by SLAYER69

His picture gave me the creeps

Me too.
His eyes

Speaking of the eyes....look at his picture and imagine him with all of his hair shaved off. Then put that image next to a picture of Jared Loughner...

creepy....and sad.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
An awful lot of posts talking about a mental condition. But what if he was really talking to an alien. Think on this senario. You talk to an alien . Tell someone about these conversations. Imediate conclusion:- mental illness. You try to get your story over. No one wants to listen. You lose patience with every one and get, rightly, agitated. They phone authorities, more likely the police will respond. They know no difference, MANIAC. and act accordingly. Game set and match to all level thinkers. No thought that it could be real. Though the logical process leads to mental illness. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by crayzeed

I mentioned it in my post in passing, although I had given it a serious thought.
He told his neighbor that he was talking to an alien that was telling him what to do.

That is really scary if we take it at face value, as maybe if "aliens" do exist, they do want to harm us.
Just something to think about....did they alien tell him to harm the officer?

There is a scene in the new version of The Day The Earth Stood Still.
In it, Reeves kills an officer, then brings him back to life.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
SO whats the latest update here, did they catch him? I bet he's onboard of a UFO pointing at police barricade and laughing lol

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ruffagii

Suspect is still on the run, SWAT is searching house to house...

SWAT officers were methodically searching every house in the Bay Shore area of Waldport and a wooded peninsula that juts into Alsea Bay, where police believe the suspect fled after the shooting.

OSP officer in critical condition, shot multiple times, dash-cam in patrol car shows he did not fire back...

“Family and friends are very encouraged by his response and awareness to their presence in the room. He is fighting very hard,” Hastings said Tuesday. "He’s got a great support group."

Dodd's car had a dash camera, Lt. Jerry Palmer of the Lincoln City police said. Dodds did not fire at the suspect. "Something obviously went wrong," Palmer said.

Manhunt continues Wednesday

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Thanks for keeping ontop of this developing story.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
All anyone needs to do is read the problems and contraindications with this latest batch of anti-psychotics out there and see that mixing them along with other necessary meds of a patient could easily cause the severe breakdown of someones mental faculties! Even some of the most prescribed lower level pain meds can cause strange behavior and even violence in some.

ZIndo

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
As soon as I saw that picture, I thought the eyes and smile were exact duplicates of that picture of Jared Loughner. Could be his twin brother.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
They always warn not to mix anti-depressants with alcohol and other medication/drugs so my first thought was a severe reaction related to that.

Lets hope we don't have another tragedy on our hands regardless of what caused it.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
now that hes stop't taking the drugs
he may get sane again.
but I bet the cops just shoot.
psychiatrists still have No idea what they are doing.
they just give every one the same drugs.
he was just suffering depression from a failed relationship.
it sounds like he visits conspiracy sites.
so the news will blame them.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Yes strange, only seems to happen every once every couple of months.
When will people learn to stay off drugs, especially those synthetic man made drugs that there trying to get the majority of people on. I think like always that it's not one thing but many things, depression, break up in relationship, and the drugs offcourse.

And lets not forget the aliens and there games they play on unsuspecting humans who break of there normal wavelength. Hey they told him the truth, the cops will come to get him, a self fulfilled prophecy, an experiment on there part it could be. Or like wavemaker said he must be one of the "volunteers" for some sort of new drug or new tech that makes people hear voices in there head. And they always need a label for doing such things, schizophrenia sounds about right. Who really knows without having first hand knowledge of this dude.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

He has the same crazy look in his mugshot that Jared Loughner had. These are crazy people who are not being treated for their disorders. That is all.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

I wonder if the depression medication only worsened this mans state of mind?
Nealy all antidepressants have a similar side effect.

This is really not true. Antidepressants have cured a lot of people of mental illness and I think that you have to be very careful about making such broad statements without proof.

There are many people who have mental disabilities and it's a source of discrimination. But a lot of new medicines, especially SSRIs have really helped people and have made it possible for them to lead normal, productive lives.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Any update on this event? Thanks

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join