It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornadoes in January in Florida? Is this the norm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I honestly don't know if tornadoes are common in January in FL. They are having some bad storms now.

Tornado Warning Now

Doppler radar indicated several tornados over the county and more continue to form. The county is under a tornado warning, meaning tornadoes are imminent and occuring.

According to reports to the National Weather Service, a gas station canopy collapsed in St. Petersburg, several trees are down in Hernando County and a roof reportedly blew off in Hernando County. Street flooding was reported in parts of Sarasota.

Can anyone verify if this is common?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
www.tornadoproject.com...

i hope this helps

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
In the Southeastern US tornadoes can occur in every month of the year. They aren't as common or powerful in Winter as they are in Spring, Summer, or Autumn, but a Winter tornado is by no means unheard of in this part of the world.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I live in Jacksonville And we had a tornadoes warning also today

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic93

I was born and raised in Iowa but now reside in TN. I know in Iowa, this would be unusual. Same here in TN as far as I know.
Thank you for the link. Most of them are in the spring, but the data does show once in a spell they happen during the winter as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
this might be off topic, but i've been noticing the extreme cold weather lately. the average of the last 25 days has been lower than the previous years. and yes, i'm a believer that haarp has been affecting climate here and around the world for several years. if you think about it, if weather patterns can change every few years, it basically destroys any data for weather patterns from years past. making the exceptional, the norm. weather fluctuations tend to destroy consistent amassed data. does that make sense?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Tornados can happen anywhere. Norm or not. The weather conditions have to be correct, and while those specific conditions are more common in certain areas of the world, I assure you, those conditions can be met, anywhere on earth.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

It's so hard to determine. Some of the data seems to be quite awhile ago and not all recent.
Sometimes, there is too much information regarding the changes we are experiencing and sometimes there is not enough. Can't win for losing, I guess. Just have to keep picking the information apart and then put it back into the puzzle. It gets quite confusing as I read about the earth/sky daily and there seems to be more information on a daily basis! I never know if it's normal or not. It doesn't feel quite right for myself, but that is my opinion.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm in florida, had a tornado touch down not even 10 miles
from where I am.

Just finally getting back on the internet.

I had everything unplugged.

I have a lightening proof structure, not tornado proof though.

The local meteorologist Paul Dellagato said it was the most torndado warnings issued he has ever seen
in his 20 years in tampa.

It was like 8 counties had tornado warnings.
Just glad no F5's

I been here for 6 years never had a warning in my area. Mutiple watches though.
edit on 25-1-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm in St. Johns County, Florida and I seen a funnel cloud overhead earlier along with some very strong wind mixed with torrential rain. It moved through rather quick but then we got a second round and it was really dark. There was also some hail but it was small and didn't last long.

But us here in Florida can get tornadoes any time of the year really but generally January and February we don't have the bad weather. Although it's not unheard of.

Forgot to mention that I have lived in both Duval and St. Johns County my entire life so I know this local area very well.
edit on 1/25/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
All you need is a cold front meeting with warm air - I would say it happens earlier in the south. I know Ky had tornado warnings in Jan when I lived there. Now that I live further north most likely won't see anything until at least March or April but you never know. Stay safe in Florida friends and family. I have 4 family members there.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

edit on 25-1-2011 by crazydaisy because: Double post

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
I'm in florida, had a tornado touch down not even 10 miles
from where I am.
The local meteorologist Paul Dellagato said it was the most torndado warnings issued he has ever seen
in his 20 years in tampa.
It was like 8 counties had tornado warnings.
Just glad no F5's

I been here for 6 years never had a warning in my area. Mutiple watches though.
edit on 25-1-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

Thank you for your input. I read so many articles on weather/earth and sky. Many of the articles state this is the worse they have seen in many, many years. That is curious to me.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Thank you for your input!
I am too curious to know what is going on in our world....the best info is from the folks that live it!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
1 Thessalonians 5 The Day of the Lord 1 About the times and the seasons: brothers, you do not need anything to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know very well that the Day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. 3 When they say, "Peace and security," then sudden destruction comes on them, like labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. "

Yahweh's Message to Mankind:

Yahweh, our God and Creator pours out His wrath upon mankind leading up to Armageddon. It is His will that you all know exactly where it is coming from.

"There will be no peace on Earth until My Son's Kingdom. I will crush every kingdom now standing and rock the earth off its foundation. I Yahweh will destroy every enemy to My throne, and who can stop Me? Who can turn back My anger? No one." - Yahweh

Matthew 10:34 "Don't assume that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a warrior; Yahweh is His name."

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SkunkSense

No. This frakking freaky. In January? No this is weird as hell. There is something going on messing with the weather patterns.

My car just got hit by hail. I hope the snot I still have a front window, but I doubt it and sure as hell am not going out to check it.

We've lost power six times tonight. Something odd is happening.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Hey Floridians,
How's your GPS working? Odd that DoD is testing something off the coast of Florida that will affect GPS in airplanes, and possibly others. Also, just wondering... got a compass? Is it reading normally. Really, I'm curious!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I don't know about "normal" but I do know that it's definitely not unheard of.

I live in Kentucky and about 13 or so years ago, I remember a tornado in December. It was odd, but it happened.

The way things are right now though, I think we should just expect things that aren't normal. Expect the unexpected and don't be surprised by it. This world is going through pure craziness right now.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Never mind.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

top topics

join