It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern-day slaves' story repeats daily in plain sight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Many people forget that this kind of stuff is still happening, back in the day I was a foolheady idiot who denied what was happening in the world. Then in college I read two books, King Leopolds Ghost, and the most profound to me Disposable People. These completely changed my life and made me go on the path in life I went. Things like this just pull at my soul.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
Many people forget that this kind of stuff is still happening, back in the day I was a foolheady idiot who denied what was happening in the world. Then in college I read two books, King Leopolds Ghost, and the most profound to me Disposable People. These completely changed my life and made me go on the path in life I went. Things like this just pull at my soul.

I think it's great and commendable some people at least feel this calling and aren't impervious to the point of being immune or ignorant from what goes on in the world, and feels some real responsibility and need in making an effort.

That is what it is going to take for us to make the world a better place, all of us getting involved in some real helpful way.

Thanks for doing that.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Slavery is so anathema, so destructive to the basis of a Constitutional Democracy / Republic based on Human Rights that slavers should be charged with Treason and summarily shot.

And as this trade thrives only on demand for slaves, all people found to be knowingly using the services of slaves should be first shot in the abdomen and left to sit for 20 minutes before being finished off with a head shot.
edit on 2011/1/25 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Then there is the persuasion side of it. In some of the poverty stricken areas of the planet: Sub-Saharan Africa, Eastern Europe and former Soviet Bloc countries, South East Asia, India, and China there will be smooth talking crooks with ties to organized crime whose sole purpose is to sell the American dream to some hapless soul down on their luck. They will tell the person they know people in the US, developed portions of the Middle East, Western Europe, and prosperous portions of Asia were opportunity awaits. The victim boards a passenger flight and gets to their destination to meet another thug who says their families are going to meet a violent fate if they talk or escape. The thug takes their passport, tell them they have work off some unfathomable sum, and with that, comes the modern-day chains.

What is very disturbing in regards to our collective appathy you spoke so well in regards too, is the simple fact that for many people born and raised here the "American Dream" is just as ellusive and hard to obtain as it is for these happless souls. In many ways the American Dream no longer even exists, and in part, one could argue is it has been sold, and sold out, time and time again by corporations that have too much wealth and power through monopolies and government officials too corrupted by the all too generous patronage of these huge corrporations.

Where they seem to exist just to make things more profitible, and more profitible for them, up to and using slave labor.

It's incredible that America has fallen this completely and this quickly into a place of no real morals or convinctions and just lip service to principles and ideals.

I hope we can find away out of this hole, but it's going to take a whole lot of us shedding our appathy and becoming truly concerned and not just for the usual 72 hours that something makes the headlines before the next drama, crisis or bit of bad news comes along to dominate the landscape.

We seem to just go from tragedy to tragedy never really addressing any of them to the full extent we should.

Great post my friend.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Slave trade is bigbiz in all western countries. It have many facets but basically it is .. slave trade. One of most disturbing forms is say "sexual slavery". It is probably more common than average Joe can imagine.
But prevalent form of slavery is based on exploitation of labour force in traditional meaning: typically Saipan territory under US jurisdiction ... Saipan is one large sweatshop under US jurisdiction!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I wonder just WHO these "traffickers" are ?

Are they from a specific ethnic group ?

Could they (the traffickers) be "cloaked" to hide their true ethnicity/religions ?

Are they financed by a specific group of people ?

Are they all part of a world-wide organization with no "national" boundaries ?

Could they be a continuation of centuries old slave traders (and WHO were those traders?) ?

Are they following the business tactics of the early U.S. slave merchants ?

Do they promote the "white guilt" stigma of old time slavery ?

edit on 25-1-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

They appear to be international gangs that enjoy some form of relationship with the wealthy elite who seem to most often employ them.

Beyond that it is truly hard to say, but it's safe to say that the instilled and shared reality we seem to all have been taught, excludes a lot of very disturbing things going on in the world.

It's clearly been a mistake to allow government to grow so large and to be so innefective at serving the general populace at the same time.

Clearly it's nothing but a tool of the corporations and elites, that does very little for us.

People who live in the U.S. should check their pay check stubs since the first of the year, your net check has gone up, even though they raised your taxes! This is because they significantly lowered your social security contribution. So you just got taxed more and because your net pay went up, many people are not even aware of it, yet at the same time the government is also saying, hey, no need to pay so much money for your future any more. No need to give so much to Social Security. They want to have more now, but for us to have less later.

Who though explained this to the people? I sure don't recall hearing it.

Government is out of control, slavery and tyranny is on the rise, and we are never likley to find out who is ever really responsible for anything with our presently corrupt system.

It is a very sad state of affairs my friend. One that truly needs addressing too.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Slaves in south Florida? You don't say!

That's also where the largest concentration of Jews is in the country.

Is it a coincidence that they brought the first Black slaves to America too?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
this is just my opinion, but why the hell are there still slaves? slavery and racism should have been over. haven't people learned that slavery and racism is not ok? i mean seriously it shoult not take hundreds or thousands of years to end such things. seriously havent we all learned how to live in peace and happiness. we all know how but people be stupid and choose to keep life in this world of hatred, corruption, and blindness.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
Slaves in south Florida? You don't say!

That's also where the largest concentration of Jews is in the country.

Is it a coincidence that they brought the first Black slaves to America too?

like maybe what this book talks about?

www.mathaba.net...

[color=TAN]warning! the quotes from this book are NOT for the "weak-hearted" !!

edit on 25-1-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Tell me, who is not a slave?

These folks being brought in like this I would say are 90%-100% enslaved.

I would consider the average working American about 55-70% enslaved.

They do use violence against all of us, it is just far more reserved and depicted in more justified manners when it is used against our own citizens.

You can get beat up and locked up for merely opening your mouth in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So seeing imported total complete slaves is no surprise.

That is the future they want for all of us.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lavarian
this is just my opinion, but why the hell are there still slaves? slavery and racism should have been over. haven't people learned that slavery and racism is not ok?.

I think these people are beyond race they are a ethnicity of enslavers. I hate slavery partly because of all the blacks that blamed white kids and commited acts of racism on us in school as kids. But I love all races the elite are still at it. I never really thought about from that perspective until lately. But check out this link whites were slaves too told by a blackman preach on brother.www.youtube.com.../a/u/1/yextpoQw-w4

top topics

<< 1   >>

join