It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Sues TSA in Pat-Down Smackdown!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+111 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Jesse Ventura Sues TSA in Pat-Down Smackdown!

kstp.com

In a complaint filed Monday morning in the U.S. District Court for Minnesota, Ventura is suing the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and its secretary, Janet Napolitano, as well as the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), and its administrator, John Pistole.

Ventura accuses the agencies of violating his "basic rights to privacy and dignity, and his right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures," after he received a pat-down by a TSA agent at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport in November 2010.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+33 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
HAHAHA!!! YES!!!

Go get em Jesse!

This should create quite the noise people. Ventura is no joke. You can bet there will likely be a LOT of airplay on the radio circuits and possibly even the lame stream media.

Jesse may finally be the one to crack this disgusting behavior and violations of the civilians wide open, and expose these gropists for not only the violaters they are, but also as the FRAUDS they are, as their methods don't even work at defeating the very things they claim to be "protecting us" against!

This should be HUGE folks!!

kstp.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think jesse is on to something here as the supreme courts cannot label the U.S in a war time scenario, so article one section 8 should not apply!
going to get interesting, man this guy has a set of kahoonas on him

edit on 24-1-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Wait, after all the hoopla around the TSA pat downs, you're telling me he's the first person to file a law suit?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Yes, we need more people out there like Mr. Ventura. I've seen his conspiracy theory show and he makes alot of people look dumb and exposes them pretty well. I hope this goes well and has a snowball effect.

MBF

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
GO JESSE!!!!! About time somebody has the required anatomy to stand up to the TSA.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

no he's not the first person to file a lawsuit.
But he is the most popular person that has filed one.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Nope, not the first, as a colorado lawyer has another injunction filed against Janet Napolitano and the TSA that I reported on a ways back:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

HOWEVER-Ventura is certainly the HIGHEST PROFILE individual to go after them thus far. This should garner some huge attention.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

In the US, if you want to file a suit against the government like this, unless you're a big name and/or have lots of money to back yourself with, you're not going to get past round 1.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I'm with Jessie. I'm not flying anymore until this insanity is removed!

I found a video of Jessie talking about his decision:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007

no he's not the first person to file a lawsuit.
But he is the most popular person that has filed one.

Ok...So who cares? He's kind of obliged to file a lawsuit because a) he has money and b) he has his whole Conspiracy Theory series.

Why not put his money toward helping EVERYONE that was affected by this breach of privacy by organizing/getting involved in a class-action lawsuit? If the millions of people that have been subject to this search banded together, then the government would have a big problem but him and his credentials (former wrestler, governator, conspiracy theorist) won't help everyone else, if he goes it ALONE.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Honestly speaking, I cant see this argument going anywhere. The terms to fly is you must submit to the security in place. Since TSA is not operating under the color of law, they carry different authority, as well as requirements, than what law enforcement has (they have more authority than we do at times).

He does not have to subject to the pat down / frisk / search. The tradeoff on that is he wont be allowed to fly. Even if we remove all security checkspoints and let whomever have access, you still run into the same thing.

The moment you make it to the airplane entrance, you can be refused boarding. Its a private business, and the airplanes themselves are also private property, with the Captain having ultimate authority over that domain.

The constitution gaurantees freedom of movement, within a state border as well as across a state boarder. What it does not do is guarantee the method of travel. The options exist to fly, drive, call a cab, by a bus ticket, ride a bike, or even use shoe leather express.

While I agree with the majority of people about the T&A... errr TSA gropedown, I think approaching the argument from this manner will not go anywhere.

The question is, what can be done to improve or replace the patdowns? I know we all complain about it, but what is the solution?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I would rather have pat downs than be x-rayed by those cancer causing machines.

What about you guys? Is it better to lose your dignity or your life???

Thanks for allowing my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
100% agree with mr ventura. why arent the airlines responsible for their own security, instead of the government.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
100% agree with mr ventura. why arent the airlines responsible for their own security, instead of the government.

The airlines dont own the airport. They just operate out of it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think Jesse Ventura is doing the country a service. I hope Napolitano and Pistole are called to testify, along with Michael Chertoff for his connection to Rape and Scan, er, I mean RapiScan. Televise the case on TruTV. It used to be Court TV, after all.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Being discussed Here

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Again, I say if you want the pat downs to stop, and want the body scaning to stop, don't fly, if enough people just don't fly, the airlines themselves will put a stop to TSA searches.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury1984
along with Michael Chertoff for his connection to Rape and Scan, er, I mean RapiScan. Televise the case on TruTV. It used to be Court TV, after all.

Oh boy...That would open up a WHOLE OTHER can of worms!

The vast majority of the populace is unaware of Chertoff and his company's healthy little 'contract' to get these machines installed at the tax-payer expense.

We could add unbelievable FRAUD to the case if that's introduced. This entire TSA outfit is based on fraud though. lol.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Good for him and great for us little folk.

Seems not only is Jesse suing for molestation (which really is what it is) he's suing because he'll have to undergo future exposure to radiation scanning every time he flies due to his metal hip setting off the alarms
So it's a two-fold law suit

Good for him!!! He's a cat not to contend with if he feels/sees injustice!

Ron Paul/Jesse Ventura 2012

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join