It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Sues TSA in Pat-Down Smackdown!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
TSA are ridiculous.

Why haven't they just put a stronger door on the cockpit?

Why not just arm the pilots? (I hear they do now)

Don't tell me because theres a cluster of people. It would be much easier for a terrorist to take out more live at a sports dome, movie theatre, etc etc. I'll stop talking, wouldn't want to give al-CIA-da any ideas.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
TSA are ridiculous.

Don't tell me because theres a cluster of people. It would be much easier for a terrorist to take out more live at a sports dome, movie theatre, etc etc. I'll stop talking, wouldn't want to give al-CIA-da any ideas.

I have often thought about this. Wouldn't it be much easier (and perhaps more ironic) to hit up opening night of a blockbuster chick flick at a large theatre? Apparently, terrorists are only into ridiculously hard missions that need so many pieces to fall into place.

Bonus Fact of the Night: Sowing needles are allowed on planes (when accompanied by yarn).

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So much to say...

They picked the wrong fight... lol...

I believe I can speak for most Americans,

May the force be with you...

I see a very small possibility... ever play poker ladies and gentlemen....

2012 is coming up... say an election cause...

President Ventura

(Made in America)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

HAHAHA!!! YES!!!

Go get em Jesse!

This should create quite the noise people. Ventura is no joke. You can bet there will likely be a LOT of airplay on the radio circuits and possibly even the lame stream media.

Jesse may finally be the one to crack this disgusting behavior and violations of the civilians wide open, and expose these gropists for not only the violaters they are, but also as the FRAUDS they are, as their methods don't even work at defeating the very things they claim to be "protecting us" against!

This should be HUGE folks!!

kstp.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Haven't read through all the posts yet DD, but my first thought was, If the TSA is the problem, and Jesse is the reaction, then we better look out for the solution, because it's bound to be a doosey.

That's not to say I wouldn't like to see him win this suit, but more to say you know how worthless the solutions these people come up with can be.

S&F, as always.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
The constitution gaurantees freedom of movement, within a state border as well as across a state boarder. What it does not do is guarantee the method of travel. The options exist to fly, drive, call a cab, by a bus ticket, ride a bike, or even use shoe leather express.
Because there are alternatives doesn’t mean the government’s security practices regulating one transportation method aren’t bound by Constitutional restraints.

The question is, what can be done to improve or replace the patdowns? I know we all complain about it, but what is the solution?
I would look at it and pose the question from the other angle — if a terrorist in the future is caught hiding explosives in his rectum, does this mean that everyone will routinely get body cavity searches and that too, then, is entirely Constitutional?

I’m not necessarily disagreeing with your assessment, at least in toto, I’m just wondering and thinking about this from a Constitutional point of view, which is the infringement alleged in Ventura’s suit (4th Amendment).

There has to be a line when it comes to unreasonable searches, and I’m not entirely convinced some TSA methods and practices aren’t over that line.

edit on 25-1-2011 by aptness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Personally, why not use dogs? They are FAR less intrusive to the average passerby, and if someone DOES have something on them, the dog will smell it long before some machine could catch it. An added bonus is the fact that the dogs are a hell of a lot cheaper than those machines anyway.

I'd sooner submit to a dog sniff search than a TSA-sponsored pat down.

TheBorg
edit on 25-1-2011 by TheBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Go,Jesse! Let's see how the TSA and Janet Napolitano react to this I have a suspicion that Jesse Ventura is already on the no fly list due to his views alone.I think DHS has picked the wrong fight here.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

This should create quite the noise people. Ventura is no joke.

To many times the 'noise' dies down. Let's make sure we keep this one on the front page

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
no thats just rude in your own town where a few short years earlier you were the govenor and you going to get pawed over for shame

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
TSA are ridiculous.
Why haven't they just put a stronger door on the cockpit?

Dude, they did that a decade ago. Where have you been?

articles.sfgate.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

This should create quite the noise people. Ventura is no joke. You can bet there will likely be a LOT of airplay on the radio circuits and possibly even the lame stream media.

Jesse may finally be the one to crack this disgusting behavior and violations of the civilians wide open, and expose these gropists for not only the violaters they are, but also as the FRAUDS they are, as their methods don't even work at defeating the very things they claim to be "protecting us" against!

Unfortunately, I imagine the media will report the story, but not report the fact that the TSA methods are flawed. Thus, Jessie will probably end up looking like a crackpot that wants the terrorists to win.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
I think jesse is on to something here as the supreme courts cannot label the U.S in a war time scenario, so article one section 8 should not apply!
going to get interesting, man this guy has a set of kahoonas on him

edit on 24-1-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

Eeehm.. War on Drugs.. War on terror....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

1. he's not obligated to do anything.
2. i doubt the federal courts would allow a class action lawsuit even though it would be cheaper in the long run.
3. he might have a tv show but its not on a well know or watched network.
4. the majority of americans are ok with the actions the feds are taking because it gives them the false impression that they are safe.
5. If he or anyone else is sucessful in their lawsuits it will benefit everyone. The TSA would have to stop groping people and stop using the new scanner machines.

reply to post by Xcathdra

while you are right that the constitution does quarantee the right to move freely and does not quarantee the mode of travel. the constitution also protects us from unreasonable and illegal searches and siezures. and since the TSA is a federal agency and are deputized law enforcement officers with a very narrow scope of authority they cannot just search anyone they want. the have to have probable cause or a warrant just like any other LEO. and purchasing an airline ticket and showing up at the airport is not probable cause no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

reply to post by jazzguy

before 9/11 the airlines were responsible for their own security. they were free to hire their own security personal, partner with other airlines and share the cost of hiring a security company, or hiring the security company that the airport told them to use. it just depended on the airport on what their options were.

after 9/11 security was taken over by the federal government "TSA" or those same private security companies from before 9/11. they were just subcontracted out to the TSA and got a fancy TSA badge to wear on their uniforms.

reply to post by whatukno

I couldn't agree more. when the big ruckus about the new patdowns and the new screening machines flared up a few months ago i posted in a thread the fastest and easiest way to get the TSA to stop these practices was for everyone to stop flying. The airline industry is one of the most volitile industries. it doesn't take much to push an airline or multiple airlines into or back into bankruptcy. If air traffic dries up and the planes aren't flying the airlines will tell the government enough is enough either stop your BS or your going to be bailing us out ontop of the banks and the auto industry.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now lets look at some facts. since 9/11 the TSA has stopped 0 (that's ZERO) terrorist attacks or attempted terrorist attacks.
the shoe bomber was stopped by passengers and flight crew.
the underwear bomber was stopped by passengers and flight crews

so the score is TSA 0 flight crews/passengers 2
need i say more? the TSA, DHS is a complete joke and waste of money. its a dog and pony show just so the gulible people in the american society feel safer. when infact they are just as unsafe today as the were on 9/10/01

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Good for Jesse. We need more exposure of the Dirty Deeds done by the ugly bloated puss bag Janet Napolatano and the dirty pervert John Pistole.

The MSM has pretty much dropped the ball with the TSA issue beginning with their reporting and handling of the Opt out day.

We need high profile people like Jesse to keep the dirty perverts in the news and thus in the minds of the people.

Our economy is still in the dumps, the TSA's dirty perverts are keeping Vegas Hotels (as well as other destinations) half empty, stopping airlines from growing as well as keeping U.S. aircraft manufacturers from building and selling new planes since many people are refusing to fly now.

They are molesting the people and destroying the U.S. economy.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthOccupant

Eeehm.. War on Drugs.. War on terror....

The real war is on us and our freedoms.

There is an all our blitz right now.

Every time I see a TV it makes me sick to my stomach because everything I see, especially news shows are obviously pushing to take away our freedoms.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I think Jesse can afford a Marquis Jet Card.
For the rest of us, take the train or just drive.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This isn't about National security or safety, it is about keeping those frigging printing presses at the Federal Reserve humming 24/7. No wonder America is broke and our tax bills keep going through the roof.

If your a Muslim male age 17 - 50 then you get the scanner. Leave the rest of us the hell alone! That would be the approach to take, if indeed, safety were the issue. I hope Jessee is successful in his law suit. If he wins, it will be a victory for us all.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Lets say he does run for president and win...

"I am sorry mr. president you cant to your inaguration your on the no fly list..."

And ventura's response:

"You know I like loyal hard working government officals. In fact agent I think Ill put you up for a promotion. We have cuban facilities and they provide housing for all those the government deem important ... Since you hooked me up ill return the favor..."

I hope his 'research' team is on this... you know the thread on the constitution that was on ATS live (you didnt listen shame on you) it would be a good time for him to investigate the federal courts corruption...

its called timing.....

and thank you for your support

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
haha about time someone did this!! dont allow the molesters to keep going like this!

its wrong for everyone who wants to fly to be dosed with radiation.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Jesse Ventura for Prez 2012... 4 years too late!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join