It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police fear 'war on cops'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
In a world without gun powder people would just use crossbows and long bows and greek fire and airguns and and and and.....

it's sheer stupidity to blame a THING for the shortcomings of humanity that make us covet kill rape and destroy.
But it is convenient for those that lack the force of will to enact REAL CHANGE and force people to be responsible for their actions rather than trying to prohibit anything that could be used to hurt someone.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Add another war to the list of wars the media have labeled a war.
The war on everthing?
How about a war on war?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Could be bad press. You rarely hear about the cop saving an infant, or the cop stopping a domestic violence situation from turning into a homicide. All that gets reported (especially on ATS) is how cops are jerks.

Maybe people need to understand while there are some bad cops, there are far more good cops who go out every day and put their lives on the line to try and keep the streets safe for you and me.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
To take a different approach...

One of the things that is predicted for the times approaching transcendece is that those who cannot/will not be able to make the change will suffer increasing stress.

That stress will be released somehow.

I don't know that this is what we are seeing, but it seems like it...the weakest fall victim to the pressure first. If this is what is indeed beginning to unfold, then things are going to get ALOT worse.
edit on 24-1-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by theendisnear69

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

So you support killing cops to "water the tree of liberty"...?

I wonder why people think conspiracy theorists are dangerous...

well, its not a conspiracy that police violate innocennt civilian rights( including murder).. but it is a well constructed theory that people defend them selves agianst the corrupt law.. ie... 1st, 2nd and 4th adm. of the constitution...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

"It is it's natural fertilizer"

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
While I would never wish any cop any sort of ill will, I can't say I feel as bad for the officers shot as I maybe should be. I think that's more of a sad statement on how plenty of citizens feel about cops, whether they would admit it or not.

Do we need cops. Of course. Are cops braver than I could ever be. Absolutely.

Perhaps, if the good cops didn't defend the bad apples, there would not be so much apathy towards the police. When you see stories weekly of over bearing cops playing judge, jury, and executioner, then the only logical recourse would be the people who's lives have been affected to try to in act some sort of "vengance" against the people that they feel caused them hurt.

It's really pretty easy to love the police because we have a system set up where are police officers provide a great societal service. When you have dbags over step their bounds, problems occur.

To all police out there, I pray you quit letting the bad apples walk scott free. In the end those cowards will not stand up for you.
edit on 24-1-2011 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
In a world without gun powder people would just use crossbows and long bows and greek fire and airguns and and and and...

where i'm from, we just cut off a nice fat hedge shalaylee and beat them about the head and shoulders when they get out of line

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
When the US military goes around the world killing civilians then they can be sure that they killed someones mother, father, sister or brother. We call these angry family members terrorists.

When the police go around indiscriminately killing, harming or maiming civilians and cause untold causalities sometimes their families respond and kill the cop or one that looks like him or her. We then call these people domestic terrorists.

Not to say that there are not people that do this sort of violence for nothing on either side of the equation. Just to say that what seems unreasoned violence might have a reason after all if their situation were more closely examined.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Nice article op. I would like to state that the police officers are the one's that chose the career. I am in no way saying it is alright to shoot or kill anyone. I am saying that maybe if they have second thoughts about the job, then maybe it is time to find a new job. Nobody is making them put themselves in harms way. I think they all want to be the hero without doing the hero's deeds.

There is one thing for shure. There will always be people that will not follow the rules. Some of these people will do anything not to be caught by the enforcers of these rules. It is up to the police to do their jobs as well as they can to the best of their abilities. If they doubt their abilities then it is time to move on. Not sit and whine about how rough they got it.

Sorry to sound a little ticked but I live in a small town where the police definitely rule their world.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Let's just hope none of these are FF attacks to induce copy cat killings and then provide a crisis for which to create a reaction and then offer a solution; ie "gun control". Gun control = trigger safety and magazine release.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

i don`t believe that this is a war on the cops i believe the people in this world are terrified due to the mess this world is in .millions out of work world wide ,parents not being to feed their children ,people losing their homes and everything that they were told was to be theirs as long as they work for it -nice pipe dream -.

but then too it is the governments fault and the corporations fault as they put corporate greed ahead of the peoples needs .when corporate heads are making millions a year each person and we the people are losing everything even our jobs all in the name of money.the average person makes 25 to 40 thousand a year before taxes here in Canada . and those corporate heads live like kings in every nation and those same nations have people living in the streets ,so where is these peoples piece of this -pipe dream .millions plus a year for wages and we the people starve ,who needs millions a year to live on.
i believe the people are taking out their fears and frustrations of the police as they are the most visible targets and that their anger is misdirected ,the only problem is when the riots we are seeing take place everywhere in the world god help the people as the governments will turn lose their dogs of war [military`s on their own people ]as money is king and they are sworn to kill all those who are classed as the enemy from within even their own people.
has Kent state not shown your the people of the us or the world just what will happen to you all ,as this was just a testing and proving ground for them as to what they can get away with all in the name of NATIONAL SECURITY.are you all watching the daily news lately as we are all seeing this take place before our eyes and the man is truely insane in their quest for being GODS UNTO THEIR OWN SELVES .
edit on 02/13/2008 by picrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
People think it is cool to attack, ridicule, and disrespect Police just because they have a badge and a gun. They don't think about the fact that these people have families and have to go through person after person, most of which give them hell. Can you blame a person for being a bit edgy? Granted, there are those cops that go overboard and on people that were completely innocent, but those cops are few and far between. Don't let your emotions cloud your judgment. Just because millions of people watch a video on Youtube that depicts a cop abusing his power, it does not equate to a million cops abusing their power.

Maybe, just maybe, we can all work together to change things. If people were a bit respectful and polite to the Police, the cops would be polite and respectful right back at you. If you are impatient and want to run your mouth at a cop, chances are more and more people will do the same thing to the same cop, and that same cop may be a little testy on someone that may or may not have deserved it. Would you be rude to someone that didn't have a badge just because? Then why would you do it to someone just because they DID have a badge? Is that any better than someone pushing someone around just because they had a badge?

What people fail to realize is that they are just as much to blame for this situation as anyone else. If you took the time to be polite to an officer, he or she will most likely return the favor, unless people were jerks to him or her up to the point of your encounter with said officer. You should still be polite to people no matter what.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Modern Americana

we are not the blame for the current situation in this country. the elite money grubbing thieves and every corrupt institution in this world are. including the friggen judicial system.

get off your high horse and face reality. they wont protect you

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
These guys were all hard criminals. There is no war on Cops, this is just an excuse to try and crack down harder and reinforces the "us vs them" mentality most cops have. Their solution is to cry for more cops and resources. And you can bet the feds will oblige them with more strings attached. If the honest citizens who are daily victims of cops for victimless crimes ever start shooting cops then it will be a war. This is just a small spike in criminal back lash that will be used to justify more of the police state.

And by the 2010 only had 160 plus deaths of cops. There are many jobs far more dangerous, and driving on a public highway is far more risky then being a cop.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beyond Creation
Imagine a world without gun powder.

Peace

Umm, we would all still be serfs. The only thing that enabled our ancestors to be free was gun powder. Much like the agricultural revolution enabled the construction of cities/permanent residences.

These shootings are just semi-coincidental. It starts off first with cops being oppressive towards the people like good old Sheriff of Nottingham. Eventually after hurting a large enough percentage of people, right or wrong some people will view it as an "injustice". Out of so many injustices someone will be pushed too far and retaliate. After each event the next event becomes easier and easier, the resistance against such an event diminishes. One cop killing won't cause a second, but the moral resistance against cop killing will just be diminished, in the mind of someone pushed too far the worst amount of conspiracy would be nothing more than "they have the right idea". And a person or persons that far gone simply won't have the mental capacity to see what they are doing is wrong and that there is more appropriate avenues to deal with the current police brutality/oppression problem in some jurisdictions.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

You're on the right track, you just need to think more along the lines of High Technology.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I don't suffer from Stockholms syndrome and will not be defending my captors/oppressors.
You'll not see me shedding a tear for ANY cop that gets shot and/or killed.

Let me be clear about what I am NOT saying. I am not saying that they ALL deserved it. I AM NOT saying that I would do it. I AM NOT saying that you or anyone else should go out and do it.

What I am saying:
They have it coming to them.
If they aren't one of the rotten ones, they know one who is and yet do nothing.
I'm sure there are some good,God fearing Christians in the Mafia but they still get what they get.
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I predict that we will start seeing more and more of these types of stories.

People are shooting Federal Judges,Congress people,Cops and no one stops to ask......"What are WE doing wrong that people ar trying to kill us"? or 'Maybe we should stop "F" ing with people"!!!!

One piese of wisdom I live by and teach my kids to live by is,
Don't F*** with people who have nothing to lose!

The American People are getting to the point where they have nothing to lose and guess what????
The System is "F" ing with us at every turn.

I feel no sympathy anymore when I hear of a cop being shot and that scares me.
It wasn't too long ago that I remember feeling sad for the cops and pissed off at the bad guys
when I heard of a cop shooting..

Now when I hear about it, If I were to be honest,
I shrug and think to myself, "I wonder how many people he FKD with before he finally got what was coming to him"?

I can only see so many innocent people being beaten, so many old ladies and children being tased,
before I take sides.
I choose the people.

If you're a cop.........change your ways,report those who you know to be bad apples,get on the winning side.

People are getting pissed.They're waking up and they have guns.
The next few years will be interesting.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Would you be so brash to support that statement if it was your own daughter or son's blood "refreshing that tree"?

Everyone in the US has a war boner and always will until some country invades our land and they get to see the killing of innocents firsthand. Anyone who has seen that will never think that war is some type of "good".

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I've said this in other threads and I'll say it here.

If cops were legally held responsible for the atrocities they commit against the general public, people would be far less fed up.

I, too, am not looking forward to a 'war on cops'. Perhaps not for the same reasons. I know that another element will slip in to take their place. Either more criminal gangs gathering power in numbers or our very own frothing-at-the-mouth* US military.

I'm not 'afraid' per se, because I'm very well prepared for this and love adrenaline.

But I was hoping to raise children in my paradigm of a peaceful America.

*unverifiable, used for imagery

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join