It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura sues TSA and Janet Napolitano!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

In a complaint filed Monday morning in the U.S. District Court for Minnesota, Ventura is suing the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and its secretary, Janet Napolitano, as well as the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), and its administrator, John Pistole.

Ventura accuses the agencies of violating his "basic rights to privacy and dignity, and his right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures," after he received a pat-down by a TSA agent at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport in November 2010.

kstp.com...

Go Jesse!!! You have balls of steel and are a true patriot! Can't wait to see what comes of this!

Click here to read Ventura's lawsuit - kstp.com...
edit on 24-1-2011 by ericsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Awesome. I love this guy. I get that his show as some schtick values, after all it is entertainment, but I think his message his important. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
You can see that his persistent character is legit; he clearly doesn't back down from anyone and it isn't just some act or persona, although sometimes it appear a little over-dramatic.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
As we've said for a long time now, VENTURA FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Thanks for posting this. Although it may not get anywhere in the courts, at least it will welcome some media attention for a short time.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I am curious to see how this plays out.

"He's made a decision that someone needs to make a stand and he's not one to back down from a fight," said Olsen. "He sees the erosion of civil liberties here and he's willing to stand up not only for himself, but for others."

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ericsnow

He's right to take this stand! I for one do not fly, as I'm not going to even try to put myself in there hands! If everyone chose not to fly for a week, they would be BEGGING to have people come back with no searches and they'd drop there prices and make you a sandwich!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
He's right to take this stand! I for one do not fly, as I'm not going to even try to put myself in there hands! If everyone chose not to fly for a week, they would be BEGGING to have people come back with no searches and they'd drop there prices and make you a sandwich!

I love sandwiches. My Florida vacation in June is going to be attained through driving. I have seen the world 5 times over and my wife has barely been out of the north east. I look forward to hitting the road with her. Fug The TSA.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Everyone's just scared of him because he's a big sexual Tyrannosaurus rex,
. But honestly,we need more guy's like him out there squashing political bugs and taking out the trash!

Love ya Jesse!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hats off to jesse ventura! he alwas was amongst my most favorite formt he old WWF days, int he 80's and 90's. a man with balls, integrity, a challenge and will to fight back and for his constitutional rights..go jesse ventura go!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I second the motion, VENTURA FOR PRESIDENT! !!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

On its website, the T.S.A. says "Pat-downs are one important tool to help T.S.A. detect hidden and dangerous items such as explosives."

They may have to deal with an explosive Jesse very soon. Gonna tear that ass up and suplex ya's

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

I'm with you on this one clucker
jesse is a man beast who you don't wanna mess with
good for him. be really interesting to see where this goes.
And the award for bestest everest avatar goes to you to.love it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

In 2001, in the days after the September 11th terrorist attacks, then-Governor Ventura said increased scrutiny would be acceptable. "We're at war and we're at war inside our own country," Ventura said on Sept. 27, 2001, "something we've never seen or heard of before inside the United States of America. I don't think you can be too careful and people are just going to have to accept a little bit of inconvenience."

I like how they try and make him a hypocrite at the end. 2 weeks after we were all in shock still, but you know what people are waking up. Minds are changing, processing and learning. We have had 10 years to think about this, certainly some minds have changed.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
it takes someone like ventura do something like this, of course this will be on page 76 of the newspaper and a 15 second report on cnn were they will add 30 wrestling references and a bunch of dismissive chuckles.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Awesome news! We need more Ventura's! Good luck Ventura, the world is watching and rooting for ya!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LipanConjuring86

Jesse Ventura ? Ha if the T.V. persona knows anything it's how to ham it up. Should be obvious where he learned that. WWF?
The rest of the real man was honed long agoi in the seals. Yes he is a man born to be a patriot. He's on it and I don't think he's gonna let up till something gives or someone drops. Git em stud!

No. 10 for the OP.
edit on 24-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
As we've said for a long time now, VENTURA FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Thanks for posting this. Although it may not get anywhere in the courts, at least it will welcome some media attention for a short time.

I'm not an American, but that sounds like a great idea. JV seems like the dog that wont let go of the bone.

Having been in government, allbeit state government, he does have his finger on the pulse and also seems to know where the blame "lies" as to some pretty shakey subjects.

Imagine JV and Ron Paul as running mates, hey, its not such a bad idea.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
reply to post by cluckerspud

I'm with you on this one clucker
jesse is a man beast who you don't wanna mess with
good for him. be really interesting to see where this goes.
And the award for bestest everest avatar goes to you to.love it.

thanks my friend!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join