It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello my fellow slaves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Many of you probably already know this. Kind of depressing once you realize it. Allow me to show you how I came to face this conclusion.

My boss has developed the habit of saying, "If you don't do what you're told, someone else will replace you!" and he does so with a bit of a smirk. He then continues with, "With the economy like it is, there are thousands of replacements just dying to take your place!" Well, he's right. I know that there are lots of people begging for work right now. So, we do what we're told. No matter what. Or we lose our job. Simple as that.

After thinking about how this almost touches on Master/Slave type stuff, I began to think about how it almost seems like a large conspiracy. Think about it:

No one EVER really gets ahead. Money is just a piece of paper. Completely worthless in all truth. It's not backed by gold or anything tangible. You work all your life to buy a home and get a piece of the American dream. But you're paying taxes on the house and land. Guess you don't really own it huh. In fact, the government gets a piece of everything you own. Thus, you never get ahead. You get taxed before you get your check, and then at the grocery store, the gas station, on your home, etc. You're a slave to the system.

But, to make matters even worse, they create a horrible economy! So then you have to be willing to be a slave. You don't really get to have your dream job. You're competing against thousands of other people with the same agenda. And unfortunately, the same weight of never getting ahead. We're all "happy" slaves, doing as we're told.

I'm writing this thread while I'm a bit short on sleep. I apologize if it seems a bit scatterbrained. If you have anything to add please feel free. This was all clear in my head but I'm having a somewhat difficult time putting it together on here. I think you get the picture though. We're all slaves, and nothing is likely to change anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

We're all slaves, and nothing is likely to change anytime soon.

Not as long as money exists. I seriously believe the only answer is to eliminate money and implement a resource based economy or something along those lines. THIS SH!T HAS GOT TO GO!
Sorry, it's a quote from the new Zeitgeist movie.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
check this outwww.disclose.tv...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Indeed.

Welcome here my fellow slave, my brother.
Nice to be amongst you in this prison called america.

You are absolutely right.
I just wish more people would come to the same realization(s) you have.

This system was put in place, and was created for exactly what you state.
To keep those on top, on top..
and to keep everyone else.. where they are.
It is made so that no one can really progress, beyond paper money.

Yet, most of them are perfectly happy with it!
(the more paper I have, the more my life is fulfilled!)
I have PAPER! WHat more could I need?

Paper which is completely worthless, completely meaningless, and just as you said..
absolutely nothing behind it.

Want more? Print it!

Most people think it doesnt "work that way",
but truly.. it does.

We are slaves in the truest sense of the word.

I feel this is a bit worse than "actual slavery" though..
as with "actual slavery".. you're not made to think you are free..
at least youre "handlers" are honest with you and tell you. ...
"look, we don;t give a $^*t about you, we don;t care if you die, or suffer, or if your family dies or suffers, just make us our 'money'and we will let you live".

That is all people are doing today.
"Living" because "their government"allows them to.
And people are just as afraid (or more so) of their government, as slaves are frightened of their captors.

"god forbid, don't say anything if your unhappy about something"
"don't speak up on any injustices you see"
"don;t tell those who are wrong, that they are wrong"
"It will be "easier" on us if we just go with what "they say".
"they might take away our "freedoms".

It is slavery.
Plain and simple.

and I have been, and still am..
working on getting my hacksaw through the chains..
I'm a good half way through.
and I WILL ..eventually.. get through.

I'm done with this $h!t my friend.

Slavery is slavery,
no matter how much you try to "pretty it up".
Glad you see it.

Again,
Nice to be amongst you.
Hope to see you around.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This sounds like 'harassment in the workplace' and seems to also border on threat. I would consider taking action (pending your not worried about loosing your job)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You can be your own boss.

Find a supplier of a product and a purchaser of a product. Connect the two. That's the beauty of the system, you're allowed to do that. I plan on doing it some day.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RobGhost

Well, I would most definitely lose my job. Not that I'm willing to just ignore it. I pretty much told my boss I don't care about his threat. The point is that he has the ability to say these things, and they happen to be true. They can make a call and have new people doing my job in less than 10 minutes. Then I would be facing the horrible "group interview" scene again. That SUCKS.
Does anyone get one on one interviews anymore? Stupid economy.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

We do have the ability to be our "own" boss, but in truth, that is just another illusion meant to keep you from rebelling. They want you content and if you feel you have such a freedom as being your own boss, you're far less likely to stir up trouble. We are all slaves. Pure and simple.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I have read lots of stories of people who figured out how to get off the grid, only to have their "grid-free" home condemned. Or their invention stolen. Or be killed. The elite do not want us being independent. As long as we obey, we are allowed to watch cable tv. Surf the web. Or enjoy other limited things.

Don't dare try to break free though. They will not allow that.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You know I used to manage a Verizon store. Lemme say this to you. What he is doing is called displacement aka no offense, kicking the dog. But trust me there are whole lot more that want his job and for less money and he knows it. That is exactly why I work for myself. He is a scared man punking you. But keep your chin up do more than is expected of you be early all the time leave late as tolerable. Work your way up and take his job hen quit a week later. Muhahaha no but seriously do those things except quit. Be earlier than him. Learn his job and do it better.
edit on 24-1-2011 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Its not just money that enslaves us. Its our fears and inability to be responsible for each individual self. No one is self-sufficient and this is a HUGE problem when individual freedoms are concerned.

If people stopped expecting governments to take care of every fear and insecurity they had they would stop creating them and giving them the power to trample all over them.

If you took the money away from the world people still wouldn't be free. They would still be relinquishing their voice to their representatives, their safety to the police and military, their food to their grocer and shelter to their contractor. After you have giving up responsibility for all those very basic things you really have no right to be free in the first place. Since you cannot provide the freedoms of basic needs for yourself and your family how can you lay claim to freedoms that wouldn't exist without the servitude of others?

We enslave ourselves by refusing to take responsibility for our own survival and putting it into the hands of others...

taking away money won't solve the slavery problem. It might help wake people up to the real problem though.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
I have read lots of stories of people who figured out how to get off the grid, only to have their "grid-free" home condemned. Or their invention stolen. Or be killed. The elite do not want us being independent. As long as we obey, we are allowed to watch cable tv. Surf the web. Or enjoy other limited things.

Don't dare try to break free though. They will not allow that.

As true as 'true' can get.
Well said.

It is people like yourself/ minds like yours that give me what little hope I still have .
So, thanks.
I'm happy to be reminded that not everyone is a hopeless slave.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yeah, employers definitely know the score, and they use it against you.

Took away my benefits last year, told me I was just lucky to still have a job.

Cut my hours, said I was just lucky to still have a job.

Cut my pay, said I was just lucky to still have a job.

Now since they laid off so many other people, they've got me doing the work of several employees for less pay and no benefits. I made the mistake of speaking up about it recently, and they tried to fire me for it. Luckily we have a union that fought for me and I kept my job, but then afterward they fired the union guys who stuck up for me. Definitely feeling like I have a big target on my back now, just trying to keep quiet and fly under the radar, but that's no way to live.

Quite the system they've got us stuck in.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I found this a few days ago: erasingdavid.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

yes, but dont forget the fees, permits, insurance, and taxes you must first pay to get established, not to mention advertisement, city fees, etc,etc

yes op you just have awakened to your reality, it is the first step

top topics

join