It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you being gay affect me being straight?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

it is natural, and part of life(all life Hmmm. How about one example of animals, insects, fish, mammals...any known life form on this planet where same sex intercoarse is natural and normal. If this thread angers you so, get over it. Remember "he who angers you, controls you".

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
"Because some men cannot fall in love with women, and can only fall in love with other men. Also, some women cannot fall in love with other men, and can only fall in love with other women."

Is that so hard? If I can get some broad to marry me and procreate, that's what I'll be telling my kid.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

Honestly sounds a little like low self esteem issues but I am no authority. Also you are trying to impress upon the children that this is "normal" without any scientific basis for your assertion. IT IS WRONG.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

This happened in the "80's" yet you are still THAT ignorant??? You have got to be kidding me right? How does 2 men holding hands "affect" you or your son. They didn't touch you or your son!
Your son most like was/is affected MORE by the smut he has seen on television or in the movies, than 2 men holding hands.
If you are gonna spend your life with blinders on just because YOU don't understand something...then stay in your house and off the computer!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mizbeach40

Not ticked off at all about the incident. Ticked off at people like you and elton john whining all the time! Ticked off at all the homo t.v. and the homo movement.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'll never understand homophobic people.

The way I see it, love is one of the greatest things in the world. Anything that brings more love into this world should only be welcomed. How can you possibly hate someone for loving another person?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by G.A.G.
reply to post by loagun

it is natural, and part of life(all life Hmmm. How about one example of animals, insects, fish, mammals...any known life form on this planet where same sex intercoarse is natural and normal. If this thread angers you so, get over it. Remember "he who angers you, controls you".

Try these for a beginning

African Buffalo. African Elephant. Agile Wallaby. Amazon River Dolphin(Boto).

Then try reading this book : Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity.

(Thanks to my wife. She was the one who read your post and pointed me in the right direction.)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It is your reply and awkwardness and possible homophobia that will affect your son, a simple answer would have satisfied his curiosity and allowed time for future explanations as the boy matures. He is 5 years old , he doesnt want or need a scientific vs religious debate on the issue. Just something like "people hold hands because they like each other, now hold my hand while we cross the road" would have been suffice

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

reply to post by loagun

Are you for real???????........... see it's posts like this that are just stupid, not ignorant. ignorance would imply that you just didn't know about something. your comment proves that not only do you know nothing on the subject of sexuality, but you truly believe your the smart one here...... also where did i say this thread angers me? surely you can't believe comments as Neanderthal as yours would anger me?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I would have said: "Because they are biologically malfunctioning, and reverting to animal-like be behaviorism. If social correctness didn't apply to this situation, natural selection would have them diminish rather quickly; in fact, if lineage was imperative, and adoption wasn't an option, they would be considered nil-propagation and labeled worthless. Thank the government for protecting a fodder of species."

** On a side note, for all those who claim that supposed "love (emotional attachment) == lust (sexual desire)" you are a blabbering fool and are completely mistaken. I can love another man without feeling sexually aroused.

Watch where you use this in context, don't confuse love with lust.
edit on 25-1-2011 by AsimpleAbstraction because: Commenting on stupidity

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AsimpleAbstraction
I would have said: "Because they are biologically malfunctioning, and reverting to animal-like be behaviorism. If social correctness didn't apply to this situation, natural selection would have them diminish rather quickly; in fact, if lineage was imperative, and adoption wasn't an option, they would be considered nil-propagation and labeled worthless. Thank the government for protecting a fodder of species."

** On a side note, for all those who claim that supposed "love (emotional attachment) == lust (sexual desire)" you are a blabbering fool and are completely mistaken. I can love another man without feeling sexually aroused.

You would have said that to a 5 year old? If so, then you've obviously never even met or talked to a 5 year old child. At least let's hope not.

Here's a little puzzle for you:
Q: If you were an animal, which animal would you be?
A: Duh, you are an animal.

Yep, human beings are members of the animal kingdom.

"Labeled worthless"? Uhhh, so what about hetero couples who are infertile? Are we to take it that you mean they are worthless also? Tsk-tsk-tsk, weak arguments all around.

It is you who are mistaken on the subject of love and lust. The love being referred to in this context is romantic love, so it should be assumed that sexual desire is a part of that relationship. Of course you can love another man or even another woman without feeling sexually aroused, but that amounts to platonic love, which is wholly different from romantic love and does not include feelings of sexual arousal. See the difference?

Also allow me to point out that love and lust are indeed two separate things, however they can and often do co-exist. I am very much in love with my husband, and I am also happy to say that I frequently feel quite lustful towards him.

edit on 25-1-2011 by dalloway because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2011 by dalloway because: add clarification

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Bah! My oldest is gay. And yes, I'm still a Tea Party member. Personal choice, personal freedom.
Individual freedom. Isn't this what it is all about?

Amen.

As to the op...I agree with alot of the members on here. Love is love.

I remember my little neice asking me why I was holding hands with a girl. I told her "Well do you know how pappa and mamma love eachother, they hold hands and tell eachother they love eachother? Well girls can have those same feelings for other girls, and so can men. And also there are different types of love, some you will understand when you are older." (my little neice lives with us, we have custody of her)
And of course, she just said...oh ok...and ran off and played. Thats how I dealt with my situation. =) Could have been a better way...but it was MY way. Of course my parents did NOT like that...my dad being a pastor and living in a christian family...Im an evil sinner...telling little children its ok to love who you wanna love....oh I am such an evil person...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AsimpleAbstraction

And this is the reason why I usually avoid these types of threads.

Not one human on this earth is useless.

It is not that I am offended by this post, as we do have our own opinions

It is the fact that I find it sad that there are people who think like this. Makes me cry for those people.

STill...they are opinions...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Did someone actually say....'because they love each other'? hahahahahaha My goodness...and we wonder WHY the world is going the direction it's going....and it's only gonna get worse??? Weird thing is...over the past....i dont know....20 plus years...it seems like EVERYONE is being born gay.

Now...for those of you that say....it's LOVE...should really DEFINE what love is...and WHAT VERSION of love you are using? If you're using Webster's dictionary or Hollywood's version, of what love is...then, yeah, i guess you could say they 'love' each other. However, GOD...WHO IS LOVE....paints a whoooooole different picture...of HIS VERSION of what love is.....and sorry...it has NOTHING to do with attraction. In fact, being attracted to someone, is just that; an ATTRACTION.

I mean, HONESTLY....what part, of any kind of homosexual relationship, looks NORMAL? Does it look NORMAL to see 2 guys holding hands and kissing each other??? Does it look normal...for a man to have tits and balls? Does it look NORMAL...is all i'm asking. If you say, 'yes'....YOUR HEAD NEEDS EXAMINED!

Everything is in perfect order....except man. Man, feels he's exempt from the RULES aka Kingdom of Heaven. And people want God to bless them? SERIOUSLY??? And you talk about WAKING UP?

Well, the 1st step in waking up....IS TURNING OFF THE, MELT YOUR BRAIN INTO NOTHING, TELEVISION BOX. Then, you should pick up that dusty old BIBLE and actually STUDY IT! Yeah, get to know God for yourself......outside of church, outside of religion. Get into a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with HIM and get a REVELATION, of what the heck God has kept hidden from you!

Yeah, i said it.....God's word is a buried treasure. You have to actually DIG to get the truth. God doesn't REVEAL HIS WORD to unworthy people. STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jamiejames

So what do you believe God thinks about people who are born with intersexual characteristics? To elaborate, that means people who are born with both male and female genitalia, ie: "tits and balls"?

And what exactly have you decided amounts to "NORMAL"? Please be specific and please site your source.

And who exactly have you decided are "worthy people"? Again, please be specific and please site your source.

By the way, simply saying God is your source is not adequate. That is unless you have a recording of that conversation and you can provide a link to it for us.

edit on 25-1-2011 by dalloway because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2011 by dalloway because: capitalize the "g" in "God" in order to give God the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Those suggested explanations are well and good. But, those may not be another persons take on it.
Why does it matter either way? It is not your kid, not your right to tell them how to react and not your decision.

So by your reasoning, it would be wrong to contradict a paedophile's opinion to his/her own children, it's their child, it's their right to tell them how to react and their decision.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Sunsetspawn

Honestly sounds a little like low self esteem issues but I am no authority. Also you are trying to impress upon the children that this is "normal" without any scientific basis for your assertion. IT IS WRONG.

It maybe wrong to you as you are heterosexual, but to a gay person it will feel as natural and right for them as your sexuality is to you.

The vast majority of homophobia stems from religious dogma, directed at a small section of society. Why? Well becuase they are an easy target being a minority. Religion has always been about power and captures people by spreading fear.

I really don't understand how people can say it's wrong or not normal. Show me the normal person and I will pick out your own abnormalities.

To me, any kid who asks why two people of the same sex are holding hands, I'd just say that they are gay. If they asked what that meant, I'd tell them becuase they are attracted to each other like men and women are.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamiejames

Well, the 1st step in waking up....IS TURNING OFF THE, MELT YOUR BRAIN INTO NOTHING, TELEVISION BOX. Then, you should pick up that dusty old BIBLE and actually STUDY IT! Yeah, get to know God for yourself......outside of church, outside of religion. Get into a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with HIM and get a REVELATION, of what the heck God has kept hidden from you!

Yeah, i said it.....God's word is a buried treasure. You have to actually DIG to get the truth. God doesn't REVEAL HIS WORD to unworthy people. STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED!!!

You talk about waking up.

Homosexuality is real and can be proven. Your belief can't. Facts will always trump fiction in my eyes.

You will say, it's not fiction, it's fact, well please show me proof.

peace

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Which then provides a perfect opportunity to explain to your child that people who hold hands in public do so because they share affection towards each other.

There doesn't need to be a different ''boy-girl'' or ''boy-boy'' scenario in the question that the child asked. That is surely irrelevant.

You appear to be encouraging an attitude of needless social conformity, by thinking that a prevailing attitude of society should interfere with what a parent teaches his child.

Do you really want young children to accept society around them without question ?

No, I certainly wouldn't want my child accepting the fact that homosexuality is perfectly normal and healthy simply becauce that is what our PC society demands.

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
It's only ''different' because of societal norms.

The child grew up viewing men and women holding hands in public, so may well be confused by seeing two men holding each other's hands. Considering that both scenarios are ostensibly the same, then a question about the former should receive exactly the same answer as a question about the latter.

The comment: ''because they like each other'' explains both situations adequately.

It doesn't explain to him why these two men "which like each other a lot" act so differently from all of the other men "which like each other a lot."

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

So if your child is gay, he or she will know that you think they are unhealthy and abnormal. That poor kid.

The vast majority of gay people are born to and grow up with straight parents, in a straight enviroment.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join