It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Eygptian Tomb Full of Relics and Treasures Found Deep Within The Grand Canyon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This is interesting to me, because of the way that this are is FORBIDDEN for Hikers and Tourists.

According to the story related to the Gazette by Mr. Kinkaid, the archaeologists of the Smithsonian Institute, which is financing the expeditions, have made discoveries which almost conclusively prove that the race which inhabited this mysterious cavern, hewn in solid rock by human hands, was of oriental origin, possibly from Egypt, tracing back to Ramses. If their theories are borne out by the translation of the tablets engraved with hieroglyphics, the mystery of the prehistoric peoples of North America, their ancient arts, who they were and whence they came, will be solved. Egypt and the Nile, and Arizona and the Colorado will be linked by a historical chain running back to ages which staggers the wildest fancy of the fictionist.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

edit on 24-1-2011 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Did I miss the link...don't see anything showing a source...sorry if I missed it
I remember hearing a story a while back about a couple men that reported finding a similar cave a number of years ago (in the Grand Canyon as well) but when they took some people back to show them they weren't able to find it...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
Did I miss the link...don't see anything showing a source...sorry if I missed it
I remember hearing a story a while back about a couple men that reported finding a similar cave a number of years ago (in the Grand Canyon as well) but when they took some people back to show them they weren't able to find it...

x2. i would also like to see a link or official story?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
here the site that I found it on, there are even pictures of the actual 1909 Newspaper Article

Complete story and Newspaper articles

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PeoriaAZ

Come on! Link, please! I can't wait to see if this is true!

You do realize that there has to be a reason that all those stone structures on the mesas are called "temples"?!

You linked while I was typing!
I was hoping that this would be new info. Oh, well, it's still interesting on a second look! Thanks!
edit on 1/23/11 by jennybee35 because: WHY???

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Can't remember for sure but it seems like this was from the early 1900's. And somehow caused a "stink" with the Smithsonian. I read an article on it once but it's been awhile. I will try to find it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Is this the article that talks about the so called discovery in the late 1800 or is a recent one? Forgive me if my questions sounds out of place but I don't see any date or info.

p.s. Oh ok nevermind. While I was posting my reply someone else did post the info about the article.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

yeah, while waiting for the link I was searching, there is a bunch of stuff on crystal links and similar websites. All the stories I've seen refer back to the 1909 article, yet nothing seems to have come of it since and for whatever reason it keeps resurfacing every few years.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like a re-hash of the same story.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
Can't remember for sure but it seems like this was from the early 1900's. And somehow caused a "stink" with the Smithsonian. I read an article on it once but it's been awhile. I will try to find it.

That'd be cool, it's a fascinating story, if it were true, it really blows my mind that cover up and deceptions by our government started that long ago

I don't know has anyone heard anything of late about this?
edit on 23-1-2011 by PeoriaAZ because: add on

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
According to this site the Sm. Institute replied this to a private enquiry:

Smithsonian Explorer - Reply Subject: Smithsonian Explorer -
Reply Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:09:36 -0400
To: [email protected]
Jack Andrews
Your online inquiry of May 17 has been received in this office for response.
Staff in our Office of Smithsonian Archives advise that neither G.E. Kincaid nor S. A. Jordan were ever employed by the Smithsonian. Further, they have no proof that these people ever existed.
These two names appear in an article published in the Phoenix Gazette on April 5, 1909 that alleges that G.E. Kincaid and S.A. Jordan were Smithsonian employees responsible for locating Egyptian temples in the Grand Canyon. Please note, however, that this story is untrue.
The only records of G. E. Kincaid and S.A. Jordan in the Smithsonian Archives are the 1909 Phoenix Gazette newspaper article, from which this myth appears to have originated, inquiries regarding the story, and the Smithsonian Institution responses to those letters. Your interest in the Smithsonian Institution is appreciated.

Drakus.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
its quite possible that they where placed there by archeologists for publicity right? I can see why it would be covered up if they want to keep any future finds credible.
edit on 24-1-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Was the face of the idol that the explorer said he saw was that of Egyptian Amenhotep IV, or Akhenaton, circa 1370BC? His sculptures had the likeness of some ancient carvings of the Buddha.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The Grand Canyon is off limit to the public? I never knew that. That just smells conspiracy/cover up to me. Me oh my, whatever could they be trying to hide down in those caves? Hmmmmmm.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
If you tracked along the Northern Rim there, you will realized that there are many Egyptian style names for the caves and they are indeed forbidden to hikers even TODAY. Park authorities claimed they were 'dangerous' for trekking.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by drakus
According to this site the Sm. Institute replied this to a private enquiry:

Smithsonian Explorer - Reply Subject: Smithsonian Explorer -
Reply Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:09:36 -0400
To: [email protected]
Jack Andrews
Your online inquiry of May 17 has been received in this office for response.
Staff in our Office of Smithsonian Archives advise that neither G.E. Kincaid nor S. A. Jordan were ever employed by the Smithsonian. Further, they have no proof that these people ever existed.
These two names appear in an article published in the Phoenix Gazette on April 5, 1909 that alleges that G.E. Kincaid and S.A. Jordan were Smithsonian employees responsible for locating Egyptian temples in the Grand Canyon. Please note, however, that this story is untrue.
The only records of G. E. Kincaid and S.A. Jordan in the Smithsonian Archives are the 1909 Phoenix Gazette newspaper article, from which this myth appears to have originated, inquiries regarding the story, and the Smithsonian Institution responses to those letters. Your interest in the Smithsonian Institution is appreciated.

Drakus.

TextPerhaps like Bob Lazar???

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The Smithsonian institute, has from the beginning, been systematically been removing "things that dont belong" from modern history. In does not surprise me that this "doesent exist" anymore. Its been completely excavated and boxed in some wherehouse like the arc of the covenant in the indiana jones movies. Sad but so true. I loathe the Smithsonian. I wanted to be an archeologist growing up, but when I learned what they did with real discoveries, I quickly learned it was a waste of effort.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PeoriaAZ

Fascinating!
I wonder if there is anyone nearby to go there and check it out..
Here is something I have found on google. Nothing special I just googled grand canyon ruins..

edit on 24-1-2011 by _SilentAssassin_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

So sad but so true. They exist as much to hide the anomalous finds as to display the other stuff. Oh to have a month to dig around in their vaults...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Covered long ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join