It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AWESOME VIDEO ALERT: The American Dream

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Seriously, they actually hang someone for fractional reserve banking in this cartoon.

The level of awesome is off the charts in this Rothbardian take on money production:

To reinforce what money actually is and where money comes from, listen to this short story by Austrian Economist Walter Block:

edit on 23-1-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I like it a lot, it is fun and educative. There has to be cartoons like this one, it is the best way average people understand monetary system and reality. Otherwise they won't even take a look on this subject.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Best thing I have seen on ATS in a long time. I'd say to show this to young adults who are old enough to hear cuss words and see some of the slightly graphic scenes. Definitely educational. I don't know if there is an argument against the point of the. Ideology. There are definitely more conspiracies about it, but I think everyone can agree with the message.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ferumbra

I agree.

I have seen a lot of other cartoons, like Money as Debt and other such takes, but this is the first time I have actually seen a cartoon lay out the precise ethical reasons why the only moral type of banking is a 100% reserve gold standard.

This cartoon is epic and one of a kind.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
S and F
Passed this along.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Already posted my man.
Not sure what forum, so you might be good to go.
edit on 23-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by mnemeth1

Already posted my man.
Not sure what forum, so you might be good to go.
edit on 23-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

The previous thread on this topic does not have a working link to the video.

It also doesn't have Walter Block explaining where money comes from.

edit on 23-1-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This was really awesome! I honestly wish America wasn't so apathetic. I know many people are waking up every day, but nothing is changing. We hang out here on ATS and in the forums and post our videos and complaints while the elite are laughing at our country.

I reposted this on the social networking sites. I hope it continues to spread. I would love to show the bankers that we're done playing nice. The part where the guy says, "This is America!!!" was really awesome.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
This was really awesome! I honestly wish America wasn't so apathetic. I know many people are waking up every day, but nothing is changing. We hang out here on ATS and in the forums and post our videos and complaints while the elite are laughing at our country.

I reposted this on the social networking sites. I hope it continues to spread. I would love to show the bankers that we're done playing nice. The part where the guy says, "This is America!!!" was really awesome.

Thanks for sharing.

If you want to bump this on social networking sites, my blog post has buttons that easily allow for this:

fascistsoup.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is one of the most epic short cartoons I have ever seen. They manage to capture so much in so little time. And how awesome was the '300' scene at the end. Send this one to the ones who still deny.

ess and eff

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

hahaha yeah I love that part.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I Wonder if all the peole who lost their homes, if all of those who feel screwed everyday, stormed the white house, if we could take our country back, if it would work? I wonder.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

I don't think anyone needs to storm anything, they just need to collectively ignore the government.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here's a little more in-depth explanation of the banking system from the Mises Institute that supports the cartoon.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Excellent Video.
Easy to understand and entertaining. It's amusing but very interesting. It is a cartoon. I usually have no interest in a cartoons but after 30 seconds of watching,I was drawn in. It's 30 minutes long but not boring at all. The Federal is privately run and not owned by the Government.

edit on 25-1-2011 by amy2x because: Added more to my comment.

top topics

join