It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist - Moving Forward - Leaked

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
As revolutionary as it sounds, the zeitgeist movement/venus project ( in my opinion) is just another pure utopian vision. I did a thread about the venus project ( Problems of a moneyless society, Human Will, Individual Interests and Motivation ). Some of my ideas are probably wrong, seeing as in some circumstances society will reach out beyond the bounderies of personal belongings and money woes and help others in the name of human kindness. But still, as the above poster said, TPTB will never let this happen. Shame though.

Peace !

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
So what are we so afraid of? Why can't we free ourselves from these corrupt monetary systems of slavery? How can we as a species do to rid ourselves of these materialistic constructs, and why is it such a bad thing to want to do just that? I believe we should not just accept that "well it's not going to happen because those in charge (TPTB) won't let it happen", that's just already giving up. Instead why not pursue viable alternatives, because I believe one day humanity will be forced to do so somehow, whether because aliens will finally land on the lawn of the White House forcing a change, or whether we destroy ourselves by continuing in our natural resource consumption mode. Thanks for posting this, I believe it's extremely important that we as a species move away from our corrupt and failed monetary systems, it is time for change indeed.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
So what are we so afraid of? Why can't we free ourselves from these corrupt monetary systems of slavery? How can we as a species do to rid ourselves of these materialistic constructs, and why is it such a bad thing to want to do just that? I believe we should not just accept that "well it's not going to happen because those in charge (TPTB) won't let it happen", that's just already giving up. Instead why not pursue viable alternatives, because I believe one day humanity will be forced to do so somehow, whether because aliens will finally land on the lawn of the White House forcing a change, or whether we destroy ourselves by continuing in our natural resource consumption mode. Thanks for posting this, I believe it's extremely important that we as a species move away from our corrupt and failed monetary systems, it is time for change indeed.

we cant and wont.

the only way out for us now is the blow ourselves up and hope the survivors learn from the past and better themselves. the system is too strong to be brought down by conventional means. unfortunately if the human race hopes to survive the next 100 years then we need. we are born into a system that wants us to believe that the system is right and that if you think otherwise you are a cook or crazy. and that you are born with hate and suffering is a natural part of life. the only way to save ourselves is full-scale nuclear war. that or the people of the world start the long overdue violent revolution against the governments of the world, which aint happening. i mean lets be honest, which do you think is more likely, nuclear war or the sheeple of the world wake up and realize how bad they are getting reamed by the upper 1% and decide to fight back.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unium
As revolutionary as it sounds, the zeitgeist movement/venus project ( in my opinion) is just another pure utopian vision. I did a thread about the venus project ( Problems of a moneyless society, Human Will, Individual Interests and Motivation ). Some of my ideas are probably wrong, seeing as in some circumstances society will reach out beyond the bounderies of personal belongings and money woes and help others in the name of human kindness. But still, as the above poster said, TPTB will never let this happen. Shame though.

Peace !

It has been said by varying sociologists that a utopia is impossible to achieve, but no one says that we should stop striving to reach it. And it seems very Utopian from our standpoint because we are living in a world full of so much # that we cannot appreciate the small things that remain beautiful.

It is like saying, "Hey I am going to die in 50-60 years or so...so why bother doing anything with my life?" Which seems insane to say!

But we do really need to start moving toward a resource based economy alongside a true Commonwealth (as dictated in the varying articles of hermes-press.com, a seemingly radical leftist website which is actually a front for Plato studies.)

In it they say that we, despite being Capitalists in an industrial society which, by nature, tends to be totalitarian. As said in the One Dimensional Man, " For 'totalitarian' is not only a terroristic political coordination of society but also a non-terroristic economic-technological coordination which operates through the manipulation of needs by vested interests"

Marx despite being a major critic of capitalism (and whose ideas were used by criminals who created their "Communism"..he praised its ability of production (though of course it was production with the suffering of the people)

But in this all...they say it is possible to gradually shift from capitalism to a RBE w/ Commonwealth...instead of violently trying to change it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The real issue I had with the film was their ideas weren't very thought through.
For example the mechanisation and automation of the workforce would be terrible.
The idea of having no job to go to and no real purpose to help others by building things would put a mass depresion on the whole world. While it would be nice for some to have no ties to a job to others it would be awful.

Also I think the creators have a very naieve view of the world. Not everyone would be happy to be equal. Stealing a crime would be rife. Being in competition is human nature. Their ideas for everyone sharing everything would mean the world would have to be policed.

Having no one in charge and in power is not particularly a great idea either.

Basically for this idea to work I think more than half the population of the world would have to be wiped out. You can't have billions of people being allowed to do what they want when they want... it would be anarchy. It may work with a most a billion, but no one wants to see 80% of the world being killed off do they?

Originally posted by spacemanjupiter
Wow, you guys can't wait 2 freakin days for a finished, FREE product? As if viewing the information 2 days earlier is going to make a difference in your life.

I'd be pretty upset too if my product was released prematurely, missing what may be considered very important content that took a lot of hard work to compile and produce regardless of whether it was going to be free or not.

I've seen this comment in a lot of places, specifically The Pirate Bay. Apparently lots of zeitgeist followers are annoying that their film has been leaked and believe it will damage the movement.
What I found hilariously ironic was that these people were complaining on a website which is essentially for stealing others creative works. It seems when you steal off someone you don't care (stealing movies) but when it happens to yourself its a terrible thing. Now I'm not saying its right... but those complainers should take a look at how many things they have stolen before complaining about others.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'll watch it - but considering it is in large part influenced by the new age, new world order folks he seems to deride, I need to ask what is going on.

*U.N. - - Lucis Trust - - Alice Bailey - - H.P. Blavatsky - - Luciferian Doctrine

*Multiple high level masons / occultists used heavily as his source material.

*Easily debunkable information regarding christianity.

I can respect the fact that it helps people think, but he is backhandedly asking for the system he hates.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noviz
The real issue I had with the film was their ideas weren't very thought through.
For example the mechanisation and automation of the workforce would be terrible.
The idea of having no job to go to and no real purpose to help others by building things would put a mass depresion on the whole world. While it would be nice for some to have no ties to a job to others it would be awful.

so youre saying that without a meaningless cubicle to go to everyday, people would sit around depressed and do nothing all day?

Also I think the creators have a very naieve view of the world. Not everyone would be happy to be equal. Stealing a crime would be rife. Being in competition is human nature. Their ideas for everyone sharing everything would mean the world would have to be policed.

theres no sharing if the system made things that were built to last, not built to breakdown in 6 months and be replaced to maximize profits. people steal because they feel a need. take away the need and you take away the need to steal. the film didnt state it would end crime btw. the few posts you did on this thread reek of ignorance about the film.

Having no one in charge and in power is not particularly a great idea either.

how exactly do you know this, has this model been tested? why do you feel the overwhelming need to be policed.

Basically for this idea to work I think more than half the population of the world would have to be wiped out. You can't have billions of people being allowed to do what they want when they want... it would be anarchy. It may work with a most a billion, but no one wants to see 80% of the world being killed off do they?

this is exactly what the system wants you to believe. tell me, when youre hanging around on weekends do you feel the need to go out and rob your neighbors, or kill someone? do you somehow develop violent tendencies because youre not sitting in your cubicle pushing your button? i say give people the chance to better themselves in a system where they arent forced to do meaningless jobs and see how it turns out.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dickyavalon

Yes by part three it seems constructed by the nwo. Or something worse.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Just finished watching the documentary and i thought it was good in its breakdown of many of the current structures within our society and the way they all contribute to humanities demise.
The Venus Project itself i feel is an innovative and dynamic concept, which if implemented successfully could in effect create stable and self sustaining conditions for humanity to live in...
The problem with this is that there will always be someone in control. As the VP has it all these small circular communities will be interlinked to the global production market for it's resources and such. This basically means that if one does not comply with those who will be owners of this system, that said person or group could easily be shut out of that system. Untilmatly it is still a form of control and what's worse is that this new utopian system will be part of the centralisation of global power.
There are many good points in the documentary but it is very difficult to pinpoint the true intention behind the VP for if it is infact a NewAge system then it ties into occult practices and well isnt neccessarily something good or positive for humanity. Still i believe that we still have to contend with many changes before the implementation of such a system for eg the coming blue beam project and alien invasion... and of course the world acceptance of the world messiah. It is only once you see the true nature of what is taking place that you are able to consider such absurd factors, this none the less does not eliminate their existence. These are things which have been maticulously planned for aeons and they will continue to fruition. I only hope that when change or revolution does come it comes in the name of love and not evol...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

so youre saying that without a meaningless cubicle to go to everyday, people would sit around depressed and do nothing all day?

theres no sharing if the system made things that were built to last, not built to breakdown in 6 months and be replaced to maximize profits. people steal because they feel a need. take away the need and you take away the need to steal. the film didnt state it would end crime btw. the few posts you did on this thread reek of ignorance about the film.

how exactly do you know this, has this model been tested? why do you feel the overwhelming need to be policed.

this is exactly what the system wants you to believe. tell me, when youre hanging around on weekends do you feel the need to go out and rob your neighbors, or kill someone? do you somehow develop violent tendencies because youre not sitting in your cubicle pushing your button? i say give people the chance to better themselves in a system where they arent forced to do meaningless jobs and see how it turns out.

Thanks for calling me ignorant... I'm trying to think about it for myself instead of blindly beliving some film by some guy I've never met
Just because I had problems understanding certain points in the movie and raised a question about it I must be ignorant...
This is essentially why this type of thing will never work and why the general public don't listen. Basically anyone who doesn't understand totally what is being put across just gets called dumb and ignorant by the followers of these ideals. I'm sorry, but it's true and it's happened on many occasions when I have tried to debate against the things in these films.

I'm not saying ALL people would feel depressed... did you even read what I posted? Many people fill their days with the helping of others... much of this is done through their jobs. Their job is their purpose, they feel part of the pack and a part of society as a whole through their work. Take that away and suddenly everyone has nothing really to do all day and everyday.

I don't feel an overwhelming need to be policed. If there were no governing body, no policing, a lot of people would think they can do anything they want.

As for your last comments... just because everyone will be sharing the resources and have no job to go to doesn't mean everyone will be happy. There are evil people in the world... if there is no consequence for their actions then they'll just do what the heck they want to.

It would have been nice to see how they would go about implementing their ideas. I believe they kept this out considering it would take world wide riots and millions of deaths to take over.

Also my question is.... what happens to countries who don't want to join? Say the many countries with high natural resource content.... would they have to conform? You can't share the worlds resources unless everyone conforms.

I can't remember if it said anything about this on the program but what would happen to religion? You would potentially have to over throw every religion in the world to get rid of their leaders.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You should have ended after "I'll watch it" because the rest is speculative.

The film does a good job of rising above all the minutia that people focus on.

It articulates a problem and proposes a solution.

The only agenda is alerting people that they can no longer continue the current economic genocide on this planet.

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

No the rest isn't speculative. With respect to his hit peice on religion, there are several thousand dollars in outstanding prizes available to someone who will post a proof of many of the claims he makes in the original piece.

The episodes leading up to it is what prompted me to write that. Nice try though. By nice try I mean, you're 100% wrong.

There is no shortage of material available clearly showing that his efforts, as well as his influences stem directly from theosophy as well as the writings of occult masons (not saying all masons are bad).

So anyone who believes peter joseph can watch this and go give a rainbow a hug. I think looking behind the veneer will show more of the truth.

A nice new utopia as envisioned by the new agers will come with zero tolerance for non believers, and (as has been foretold by many proponents of the movement explicitly) a mass culling of those unworthy.

he should stick to playing the xylophones: see 2:24

www.youtube.com...

so again, sum total here is that we have a shined up version of what people don't want to happen being called for - which is just shiny in the sales pitch.

edit on 24-1-2011 by dickyavalon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

If you have not watched it, you don't know what you are talking about, period.

Personally I agree that the first film had many errors in it. The first error was attacking something he did not believe in. The second film totally changed direction and the third is building on the second.

People learn at different rates and this is true of this film maker as well. Once you have watched it, feel free to comment on the subject matter.

Bottom line is you cannot, with 100% certainty, tell me I am wrong on a subject you have no knowledge of.

Watch it and then comment. Until then you are speculating.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

To further clarify again, my commentary on his platform is from his book of work already - I didn't make any assertions regarding the new film per say. So sadly, you are 100% wrong that I am offering a review of a movie I haven't seen. That is a fact.

His influence and execution are decidedly theosophical / new age in nature, end of story. Seeing MORE of his theosophical / utopian / new atlantis ramblings will not do anything to bolster or debunk what I already know. Again realizing I'm not offering a review of this movie so if your argument wants to hinge on semantics then save your time. No flaming.

All this being said, with his previous work a matter of public record, and no shortage of cut rate interviews where he expounds his new age vision - connecting the dots to where he wants to go is not exactly sherlock holmes but more inspector clueso.

You say people learn at different rates and peter joseph is no different, which is fine. He can modify his story all he wants or learn all he wants.

I see he has backed off his 9/11 truth movement which is interesting. He went from passionate about it initially to now burying it. That I find interesting. That is more than learning, more like a paradigm shift - out of his old paradigm into his new one. lol..

Regarding his outright lies about drawing christian parallels with pagan religions - there isn't much valid about using the argument of continuing to learn. Using bad source material (biased second or third party documents which are slanted or inaccurate and improperly researched themselves) and emphatically, passionately trying to sell it as the truth isn't something someone should have to learn not to do. Now pleasse realize I don't talk about this as a wounded christian. I recall even atheists backing away from many of his shaky arguments. If the people who agree with you in principle back away from you in a case like this, it says alot.

I'm sure this will grip people like the others have... as I have hinted, I can appreciate that the original helped people start to question things.. but either way, I'll stick with my notion that he is (either out of daftness, romance, or malice) essentially using elements of the "new world order" to try to pitch an "anti new world order new world order." lmao..

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Remember the Dinosaurs? oh yeah, that's us

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

So would you personally rather live in a world where humans continue to be slaves? Or in a world where we can finally begin to live in harmony with our planet, and our fellow humans? Should we truly be moving towards being able to build a world where when we die, and die we shall, future generations are no longer enslaved to these currently flawed systems? I would love to see such a thing..would it be perfect? Probably not, but take a look around and ask yourself if you really love the way the world as it is, and it's systems of control by the humans who control the banks of the world, the ongoing wars, the gratuitous poverty, greed, pain, suffering, etc...I think indeed we need to do something, most people just don't know how. We are stuck, you see, stuck in this same system...I once argued that if every single person in the U.S.A. just stopped paying all of their bills, and refused to pay taxes, what would happen? Would they put every single person in jail? Nope. It would indeed be interesting to see though...

edit on 24-1-2011 by AutOmatIc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

If you can warp me to utopia fine.. however, to the direct point here. I am not a fan of luciferian docrtine, nor the people who peddle it generally.

The beautiful story has a large asterisk beside the title and more than a few catches.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Ah, well if I could warp you there I would...and I myself would be there already
But, as such a place does not exist yet in this reality, then it is sadly impossible for me to do so. It's interesting that you described this idea of people living in a society free from the flawed monetary-market system we are currently enslaved to as "luciferian doctrine" which I am curious as to your logic here. Not one time during the film did the filmmaker make reference to any religious connotations regarding any such "invisible light being". How does trying to make a better world where people are no longer slaves to other humans infer such ideas as being "luciferian". I cannot, and did not see the connection.
edit on 24-1-2011 by AutOmatIc because: invisible

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
call me wrong or whatever you like, but to me this film seemed strangely NWOish

1. tight control over population, movement and resources

2. eliminating personal property

3. restriction of movement of population.

4. restriction of personal freedoms.

5. a global control grid (be it leaderless or whatever was stated, i would find this hard to achieve if not controlled by a group of people at the top.

6. elimination of crime.

7. putting environment in front of necessity.

8. presumably something like this, would not work with such a large population.

this utopian society proposed seems to have been taken directly from the georgia guidestones, and in effect is the final goal of the NWO of having a resource controlled cashless society. This seems to leave out the violence but includes the chaos the NWO want, so they can ''present'' their solution to the world problems, which is a monitored, efficient, green, controlled and restricted society

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bevigilant

You have no idea what you are talking about. You clearly didn't watch the film.

It even explains human behaviour like how you compared it to "NWO".

In a RBE, everyone is free to do what they like. Naturally many would want to contribute to society. Crimes drop when you remove the causes that create crime.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join