It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olbermann Announces He's Leaving MSNBC !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
All you folks jumping for joy over this need to pay close attention to how often you blame the liberal MSM.
Talk radio - all right.
Cable news - mostly right.

Just better use that one up while you can.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

So what you are essentially saying is the lower and middle class cannot adequately understand politis without Olberman telling them whats going on?

If we had participation in the process and held our elected officals accountible, from spending on airplne rides to europe for their families to sending 2+ billion dollars to an oil company in Brazil os they can develop off shore wells, while we lock out our companies to off shore drilling, we would not have such a huge disparity between incomes.

Instead our leaders represent the intrests of foreign business / people / governments etc, whuile we ignore our own here.

While I am sure 2 billion dollars to an oil company owned by Brazil will benefiet them, 2 Billion could also benefeit our education system here in this country, job training, research and development etc etc etc.

Olbermann, Hannity, Maddow, Beck all run agendas based off their personal views. While there is nothing wrong with that, it should not take the plce of people being responsible for themselves and taking a stand on their own, instead of letting people on TV do it for them.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I never liked him so I never watched him...he is as much of a clown as Beck and Hannity are.

He was good leading up into the 08 election. He could really skewer the Bush admin, using facts and evidence. Ever since Obama got elected, I think his show took a turn for the worse. He got really preachy and half his show was fluff. I couldn't stand his act for the last year or two. I couldn't care less they let him go.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Or, are you saying you consider Olbermann a news person?

No, of course not, Olberman was an opinion host, just like the others, however what you posted was labeled:

]NEWS RACE
THURS. JAN. 20, 2011

And I wanted to make sure that people didn't get confused and think that these are news broadcasts.

I think too many people think that these opinion shows are actual news, they aren't. And that is in my opinion a problem in this country.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Olbermann is a jack ass.
Beck is a jack ass
Matthews is a jack ass
Maddow is a jack ass

I'm not a fan of hers, in fact she's really pissed me off with some comments putting down UFO "believers", but I think Maddow brings a somewhat higher level of discourse than the others on your list. She's more versed in argumentation than the typical yelling back and forth. She's awfully politically correct though. I get sick of her insinuating anyone against illegal immigration is a racist.

But IMO, nobody on cable television is as much of a tool as Hannity. ALL he does is robotically chant GOP talking points and throw out lies and logical fallacies. He was one of the prime detractors of Ron Paul's 08 candidacy. He doesn't think a 3rd world dictatorship is a grave threat to natl security ? OMG what a kook. And his supporters threw snowballs at me.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
At least in that capacity, he doesn't have to pretend to be objective on political issues. If anyone wore their political leanings on their arm it was Olbermann. At least the commentators on the right come out and tell everyone what they represent.

You're kidding right? It's the commentators at Fox news that try to hide behind the "fair and balanced/ we report you decide" banner.

Methinks this has something to do with NBC's latest merger with Comcast.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

Methinks this has something to do with NBC's latest merger with Comcast.

Nope. This just reported this AM (well I saw this AM and it wasn't there when I went to bed).

NEW DETAILS: "MSNBC And Keith Olbermann Have Ended Their Contract"; Lefty MSNBC About To Make Right Turn?
Source: www.deadline.com...

Sounds like he got too big for his own britches.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I loved watching Olbermann on ESPN, and had respect for him while he was bashing Bush, but when Obama got elected and it became obvious he was just a left wing stooge then I lost all respect for him.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The problem with your list? None of these are actually news, these are opinion shows. The problem with opinion shows is, they are OPINION.

People need to understand the difference between Opinion shows, and News Broadcasts. Opinion shows classify under infotainment, and should not be confused with a News Broadcast which actually reports news.

They are actually news analysis shows. And even there, there are big differences between them. For example, Brett Baier's show cannot be classified as straight news or analysis, but it is the best news reporting out of the list above.

Strict news reporting is very dry and extremely rare, and can never completely escape reflecting the bias of the reporter.

But it is up to the consumer of the news, i.e., you and me, to glean the facts and the truth from what we are being told. Too many times, I see the reporter being chastised. But it's not their job to coddle the news for you; that's your responsibility.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I loved your sign-off:

(This post brought to you by Goldline)

Seems like all of them are pushing gold these days, eh?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I never liked him so I never watched him...he is as much of a clown as Beck and Hannity are.

Sooo...when will Beck and Hannity leave their network???

No silly. Beck and Hannity is right wing views. pro-corporatism views... Gods views.

Ask yourself why it is that Hannity and Becky succeed while the Olbermann's fail. It's because they push conservative viewpoints, and most of America have conservative points of view. Advertisers spend their dollars on what sells, in the market that sells their products the best.

Advertisers don't care. They only report to one group: stockholders. That's who pays their salaries.

They can freely not only contribute, but even actively use their shows to raise money for political office.
That is how God intends. The right must have murdock's australian desires promoting with spin and paranoia, and opposing views must be squashed and laughed at.

Actually, Rupert Murdock is a strong supporter of Democrats, although he is labeled a Republican by many.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
All you folks jumping for joy over this need to pay close attention to how often you blame the liberal MSM.

Talk radio - all right.

Sort of correct - due to the liberal "Air America" network going bankrupt due to lack of listeners which translated into lack of sponsors. Hmmm. So for some reason, nobody wanted to listen to what Air America had to offer ...

Your observation on cable news - mostly wrong. With the exception of Fox News, the rest of the networks have been basically obama shills since he became a candidate. Dame goes for the print versions of MSM.
edit on 1/23/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Sooo...when will Beck and Hannity leave their network???

I answered that earlier.

Since Beck and Hannity have millions of viewers (that olbermann did not), which translates into lots of sponsors, which means lots of income for the network, Hannity and Beck aren't going anywhere they don't want to go.

Again, for "some reason", the liberal MSM seems to be having some trouble getting people to watch and listen to what they have to offer. Hint: it's the content ...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

But IMO, nobody on cable television is as much of a tool as Hannity. ALL he does is robotically chant GOP talking points and throw out lies and logical fallacies. He was one of the prime detractors of Ron Paul's 08 candidacy. He doesn't think a 3rd world dictatorship is a grave threat to natl security ? OMG what a kook. And his supporters threw snowballs at me.

He does wear his blinders a bit on the tight side, doesn't he?

I often wonder how various celebs would handle controversy.Say, for example, if Hannity were outed as a ________ < insert your favorite cretin >. I think he'd probably implode, poor boy.

ETA: But do like Sean Hannity, though. He is a very hard worker who truly believes in what he says.
edit on 23-1-2011 by mishigas because: my opinion of Hannity

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Left wing, right wing--dam all of that. It’s about issues
You people here are so brainwashed in the left wing right wing dispute even though you claim to be beyond it. Nothing is further from the truth.

If you read these absurd posts in this thread all you get is
He’s a no good lefty.

DEAL WITH THE ISSUES!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Talk radio - all right.

Just better use that one up while you can.

"Cable news - mostly right" Really? Other than FNC, there is.....?

MSM - Network TV, Many cable TV, newspapers and magazines, advertising, Hollywood, academia, organized labor... mostly left

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Exactly my point. Besides FOX there is......?
Two other channels no is watching. If a tree falls in the woods...

MSM - Network TV, Many cable TV, newspapers and magazines, advertising, Hollywood, academia, organized labor... mostly left

None of those would be "cable news" would they?

Define MSM for me. I would like to know what political bias you picked up from "Seinfeld" or maybe "Skyline." Explain to me what magazines and newspapers you are talking about. We get one newspaper where I live and it is harldy left. How do you list movies, tv, AND Hollywood? What is the difference? How is "academia" part of the MSM? Organized labor is also MSM? Try that again with some definitions for me. This time, pay special attention to the words of mine you quote. I would love to know how network TV, movies, academia says anything about what makes up "cable news."

edit on 23-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Exactly my point. Besides FOX there is......?
Two other channels no is watching. If a tree falls in the woods...

You cite 2 lefty cable channels and one righty. Yet you state "Cable news - mostly right"?

None of those would be "cable news" would they?

Neither would talk radio, which you cite.

Define MSM for me. I would like to know what political bias you picked up from "Seinfeld" or maybe "Skyline." Explain to me what magazines and newspapers you are talking about. We get one newspaper where I live and it is harldy left. How do you list movies, tv, AND Hollywood? What is the difference? How is "academia" part of the MSM? Organized labor is also MSM? Try that again with some definitions for me. This time, pay special attention to the words of mine you quote. I would love to know how network TV, movies, academia says anything about what makes up "cable news."

If you want to talk strictly cable news, then keep talk radio, etc., out of it. And stop being such a snit with your wiseass remarks.

When you think about who/what influences people, you gotta look at the big picture, not just cable news. Otherwise your 'study' is too narrow. It's useless.

MSM is MainStream Media. Tell me who/what has the biggest influence on college students. There's your answer as to why they always vote for the liberal candidate.

Newspapers, etc. Ever hear of the New York Times? They have made and broken more careers than a hundred talent agents. LA Times? Wall St Journal ( opinion page, not the news section ).

I really don't have to explain the effect that unions have on elections, do I?

All of the above are major elements of our society, and thus part of the MSM. Eliminate them from the discussion and you'll be forever scratching your ass wondering why things don't make sense.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

I just had to say this....

How do you list movies, tv, AND Hollywood? What is the difference?

You know, there was an entire genre of movies called spaghetti westerns that sprang up outside of Hollywood. And many many movies, TV, etc., are shot off location these days.

And when I say Hollywood, I refer to the entertainers also. Big influence on people. Why, I saw a Matt Damon clip here on ATS last week where he skewered Sarah Palin. Now why would anyone care about what Matt Damon thinks about politics, huh?

You gotta get out of that one newspaper town and stop eating snakes ( do you really? ), Sinnthia. There's a whole wide world out here!

edit on 23-1-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

You know, there was an entire genre of movies called spaghetti westerns that sprang up outside of Hollywood. And many many movies, TV, etc., are shot off location these days.

What a sad off topic sidestep that is. Obviously you cannot explain how any of those things are CABLE NEWS like I said so you have to wander off. If you want to debate whether Hollywood is a town or an industry, you might not want to type the next part.

And when I say Hollywood, I refer to the entertainers also. Big influence on people. Why, I saw a Matt Damon clip here on ATS last week where he skewered Sarah Palin. Now why would anyone care about what Matt Damon thinks about politics, huh?

So Matt Damon is hollywood but a spaghetti western is not? Interesting logic.

You gotta get out of that one newspaper town and stop eating snakes ( do you really? ), Sinnthia. There's a whole wide world out here!

Apparently you are having a hard time understanding it. I made a point about talk radio and cable news. You went off on academia and are trying to say anything not shot on location in hollywood is not hollywood but anything Matt Damon says is.

Maybe if you could refute the ON TOPIC point I made, this could be interesting. Perhaps if stupid snakes did not take the time to keep coming in my yard to do nothing but spew venom...well thats off topic too.

edit on 23-1-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join