It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful New image of Orion Nebula a.k.a. Messier 42

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The Orion Nebula, also known as Messier 42, is one of the most easily recognizable and best-studied celestial objects. Despite its familiarity and closeness there is still much to learn about this stellar nursery. It was only in 2007, for instance, that the nebula was shown to be closer to us than previously thought: 1350 light-years, rather than about 1500 light-years.

Astronomers have used the Wide Field Imager on the MPG/ESO 2.2-metre telescope at ESO's La Silla Observatory in Chile to observe the stars within Messier 42. They found that the faint red dwarfs in the star cluster associated with the glowing gas radiate much more light than had previously been thought, giving us further insights into this famous object and the stars that it hosts. The data collected for this science project, with no original intention to make a color image, have now been reused to create the richly detailed picture of Messier 42 shown here

Source

This new photo is quite amazing,every time I look at the Orion Nebula and other beautiful images from space,I can only stare in awe and let my imagination run wild.

Wondering what kind of life is still out there waiting for us to discover,the unexplored areas and aspects waiting for us to find.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
amazing..i can see a shattered planet drifting on a sea of colours

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It looks like it's decimated... seriously amazing image

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
When this picture first came out ( I think around Jan 06 ) I saw a blip about it on my MSN homepage and felt impressed to check it out. I studied the picture for a while and found what looked like a man's face peering out through a hole. It was detailed and very realistic looking. I showed a friend of mine what I had found and he looked at it for a while and found another portrait of a man's head this one was shockingly realistic and 3D. We both marveled at it. I was convinced that this photo contained more characters and spent some more time looking at it and found many more likenesses in it. I have since shown them to many people and they have all without exception seen what I was talking about and were astonished at it. It seems to be a collage with a meaning or message but I'm not sure what it is. In the lower right corner there is a skull with it's tongue hanging out and being held by another beings thumb and forefinger. Once you have seen the images within it you cannot look at the photo without them being blatantly obvious. Has anyone else on here seen what I have spoken of?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Here is an even better image that you can zoom into:
home.exetel.com.au...
(CTRL+click to zoom out).

Check out the dark triangle southwest of the central bright region. Just above its tip on its right-hand side is a dark cylinder or cigar-shape with sharp, straight edges pointing northwest-southeast and seeming to reflect light from the illuminated cloud, as though its surface were metallic. Now I wonder what that is......?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
home.exetel.com.au...

Check out the dark triangle southwest of the central bright region. Just above its tip on its right-hand side is a dark cylinder or cigar-shape with sharp, straight edges pointing northwest-southeast and seeming to reflect light from the illuminated cloud, as though its surface were metallic. Now I wonder what that is......?

a million star post

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
home.exetel.com.au...

The Orion Nebula is a stellar nursery where new stars are being created. The object you described is a side-on view of the dust disk of a new solar system forming. Several of these have been found in the Orion Nebula. Sharp eyes!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryJoy

I need to make a correction to my previous post....in it i said the skull was in the lower right hand corner. It is to the right of the bright central area and it is quite large in relation to the overall picture. It is better if you do not zoom in on the pic in order to see the skull. btw I did see the "object" made reference to in another post. It is very interesting.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It seems like just about every week if not every day we are receiving more discoveries,new information etc.
we live in marvelous times imo and I cannot wait until we really break ground with incredible discoveries
that will launch humanity like never before.

new topics

top topics

join