It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High-ranking members of US military part of 'Knights of Malta,' 'Opus Dei,' reporter claims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Lol if we are going to use the term dubious, then it would also include the Republican Party, the Democratic Party, The House, Senate, Presidency and jsut about any other "club, social group, etc".

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by schuyler
He isn't even Catholic.

Yup to be in the Order of Malta you DEFINITELY must be a devote active Catholic

That is not true!

Our Queen (Netherlands) is "Eredame Grootkruis in de Soevereine en Militaire Orde van Malta"

In English: "Honorable Lady of the Grand Cross of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta"

But our royal family is officially protestant !

So somehow they accept protestants as well.

Vey strange also is the fact that members of the Maltese order have diplomatic immunity and their own passports, number plates, stamps... But no country.

edit on 22-1-2011 by EartOccupant because: Additional info

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Protoplasmatic Traveler was right; all roads lead to Rome.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
From: inquisitionnews.amplify.com...‘knights-of-malta’-‘opus-dei’-reporter-claims/

The religious indoctrination of US soldiers has been in headlines in recent weeks as soldiers who "failed" the "spiritual fitness" portion of the "comprehensive soldier fitness" test claimed they were forced to attend Christian ceremonies and become "born again" by professing love for the Christian deity. Similarly, GQ magazine uncovered last year a series of top-secret military briefings prepared by former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld that included passages from the Bible. Trijicon Inc., a defense contractor, was also discovered last January to have been for years placing scriptural references on gun sights used by the US military in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This entire war has had strangely religious over and undertones all over it.

I'm not finding any non military schools that he attended? Possibly a catholic school?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

Good work Nicorette. S&F&

I liked this quote from your source article, "Just when we needed an angry black man, we didn't get one."

Hersh also lamented President Obama's continuance of the Bush administration's worst abuses.

"Just when we needed an angry black man, we didn't get one," he reportedly said.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by wcitizen

Satanists? At the Vatican?

Sure there's some Pagan influence, but Satanist?

I wouldn't REALLY know.. but some people claim this:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I know it wouldn't really suprise me at all.

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Respected? This guy is a totally biased psycho-lib leftist hack who's been on a crusade to destroy America for decades.

And you as a christian(quite radical at that, in my opinion of course) are totally unbiased?
edit on 23-1-2011 by TheLaughingGod because: radical christians

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Aren't Knights of Malta and Opus Dei sworn enemies throughout history? I thought so, but could be wrong.

If this is the case, it's hardly "non biased reporting".

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I remember seeing in a book on Navy Seals that they liked to refer to themselves as the modern day knights templar. It wasn't all of them and I'm not exactly sure if they just think its "cool" or there is more than meets the eye and this is really a modern day crusade?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Not really sure why this would be an issue, since we are allowed under the constitution the right of free assembly and association.

Well said

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
That is not true!
Our Queen (Netherlands) is "Eredame Grootkruis in de Soevereine en Militaire Orde van Malta"
In English: "Honorable Lady of the Grand Cross of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta"

Your Queen is also head of the Bilderbergs... With people at that level special considerations are made. In this case it needed ratification by the Pope

Although it is considered sovereign, the Order of Malta is also a religious order of the Catholic Church, so Bertie's election needed the ratification of Pope John Paul II, which was obtained on 11 April 1988.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are always exceptions to the rule at top levels

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette
This is a charge by Seymour Hersh,

"Charge" ....
OY Hey guys .. I know plenty of Opus Dei people. They are nice church going folks who pray a lot - daily rosary, daily mass if possible, morning and evening 'Office' (prayers) - SO WHAT? They pray a lot. It's all out in the open. Ask 'em .. 'are you Opus Dei' .. they say sure, wanna' come to our next rosary prayer group?' For someone to 'charge' them with being part of Opus Dei ... to use that language ... well ...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Protoplasmatic Traveler was right; all roads lead to Rome.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh yeah....

You should look up the Jesuits and where they have their fingers in it..

NTTC National Technology Transfer Center

The National Technology Transfer Center (NTTC) has entered its 20th year of providing technology transfer services for federal facilities of our nation. Our work has provided clients with technical and market research expertise dedicated to meeting the complex needs of technology transfer organizations, while providing close support focusing on customer service. NTTC is inspired by the technologies developed at our federal R&D institutions, and is proud of our work commercializing and disseminating federal innovation for the betterment of our nation's economy.

www.nttc.edu...

These guys are in charge of WHO gets access to new technology from the Space Program etc...

Look at their address at the bottom
"National Technology Transfer Center, Wheeling Jesuit University"

Now go visit Wheeling Jesuit University
www.wju.edu...

... and ask yourself why NASA, supposedly cash strapped, is using public funds to sponsor a religious organization's programs

NASA Grants

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?
I remember seeing in a book on Navy Seals that they liked to refer to themselves as the modern day knights templar. It wasn't all of them and I'm not exactly sure if they just think its "cool" or there is more than meets the eye and this is really a modern day crusade?

Once upon a time.... on the deck of the USS Nimitz and the USS Enterprise one could see a strange sight. On the flight deck a group of Knights in Armor battling it out with swords. Each of the ships had a Barony of the SCA on board. It was even mandated that those attired in Armor need not salute a passing officer (apparently due to head injuries from gauntlets
)

On the Nimitz they were known as the "Shire of Curragh Mor" (anglicized Irish for "Big Boat"), and the shire's arms played on the Nimitz's ship's badge.

I have always said the NAVY are the true heros... good thing it is them that run the real space secret space program

I have interacted with many NAVY people in my Realm
They wield a very good sword

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Very Christ-like, your words.
Why are so many so-called Christians full of hate? I don't recall Jesus hating people different from him.

PS: I am a Christian.

PPS: For a "psycho-lib" Hersh seems to have forgotten the party-line. HIs scathing book on the Kennedy family was not anything liberals would be happy with.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Exactly. The article also points out that in 2009 he was quoted as saying that Chaney ordered the assassination of Benizer Butto. Which he later claimed he never said. I don't know how respected he is at this point, perhaps he's working on a novel.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Interesting story and thats good to hear.
2nd

top topics

<< 1   >>

join