It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku Warns the World Citizens of Potential Mega Earthquake

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Personnaly i dont know Mister Kaku...but concerning the 8.8 chilian earthquake
i think it was one of the biggest earthquake ever ...

The entire planet was affected... cracked .. and weakened ... this earthquake have open up the door for more major ones that will shake the ground for longer and with a force of a hundred nukes probably more
it shifted the earth axis ... that never happened in the past .. why now ??

Was the predicted 2012 poleshift be a consequence of a major earthquake ??? probably

We never know where an earthquake will hit ...this is whats scary for everyone
Do we agree that earthquakes are to most dangerous natural disaster on earth ... it can level and destroy a country in a few second..

plus .. Tsunamies, Volcanoes, Landslide are oftenly following the shockwave from the earthquake

he might be right .. but was wise not to give anytime frame
people would panic

im sure he have a date in mind
or he wouldnt be releasing this kind of news and be looked like a fool

Prepare for a major earthquake ... that will probably happen before 2012
but by saying MEGA EARTHQUAKE .. will it be another 8.8 or more powerfull
it might move earth more then a kilometers

is that possible ?

Physicist and author of "Physics of the Future" Michio Kaku warned world citizens this morning on Good Morning America about the pending threat of enormous earthquakes.

"In our life time, we could very well see one of these cities destroyed," Kaku said. "Los Angeles, San Francisco, Mexico City, Tehran, Tokyo."

Kaku pointed to changes in the physical structures of human civilization, and how the new composure poses many risks. "We are creating mega cities where there used to be fishing villages," he said.

About the many disasters this year, he said: "Well, look at the Chilean earthquake. You realize it was so big it actually rocked the planet earth. The axis of the earth shifted 3 inches as a result of that 8.8 earthquake. The day is no longer 24 hours, it's been shortened by one micro-second, That's how big that earthquake was."

Link
edit on 1/21/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I have a couple books from Michio, very good stuff! S&F!!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Kaku is considered one of the more credible scientists..
His words are listened to by many..

It seems even mainstream is starting to talk about what is going on..
The next few years may be interesting..

BTW, do you have a link.?
s&f

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I've read his books Physics of the Impossible and he also has a show on SyFy channel I believe. He's a brilliant scientist who has the ability to translate complex topics into laymans terms. You should definitely check out his show if you get the chance.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Ben81

Kaku is considered one of the more credible scientists..
His words are listened to by many..

It seems even mainstream is starting to talk about what is going on..
The next few years may be interesting..

BTW, do you have a link.?
s&f

So he is a credible source and not a guy trying to sell up something like the global warming conspiracy

forgot to put the link sorry about that ..

its now in the OP

thanks
edit on 1/21/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

So he is a credible source and not a guy trying to sell up something like the global warming conspiracy

He's the polar opposite of Al Gore..
I doubt anyone will question his credibility.

Maybe his theories though..

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
since this video..

the man changed...for me he switched team

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This is something I have been worried about of late. I live in San Diego.. been here for about 30 years.. moved here when I was 10 years old. We have never had large earthquakes here at all. Over the last 6 months, after the Chilean earthquakes we have had several 6.0 quakes. They were so violent I was worried about this older 2 story apartment complex coming down. I could easily see a larger one doing some horrific damage. The sad thing is though the real issue is our shoddy construction. If you are lucky enough not to live in these shoddy structures and to not have to rely on civilization you would be fine.

I really don't even worry about myself or humans.. I worry most about my 2 cats as funny as that is. They don't know what is going on and I worry aobut being able to protect them in a natural or illuminati made disaster. Does anyone know of any thread talking about dealing with pets when the SHTF?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 8311-XHT

I really don't even worry about myself or humans.. I worry most about my 2 cats as funny as that is. They don't know what is going on and I worry aobut being able to protect them in a natural or illuminati made disaster. Does anyone know of any thread talking about dealing with pets when the SHTF?

Cats are amazing at surviving..
They would stand a better chance than you or me..
I wouldn't worry about them so much.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I think both natural disaster are very probable to happen in our lifetime or around 2012
like predicted by many

Solar storms or a mega earthquake .. we have see all the warning signs

especially the animal dying everywhere in large group ..
solar storm or a coming poleshift can explain this mass death

he his still in both camp lol.. both of his theory are correct
we have see to many signs not to consider the plausibility of it

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

The thing is.. I treat my cats like kids. They are also getting old.. and they both have health issues. I think they would both lose their mind if I wasn't around to take care of them they are so emotionally dependent.

The girl cat never leaves my side when I am home. In a disatser it would be like hell for them. Especially if something happened to me and I wasn't around. I feel bad about making them indoor pets and being so dependent.. but in the environment I live they wouldn't last long as outdoor cats.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8311-XHT
This is something I have been worried about of late. I live in San Diego.. been here for about 30 years.. moved here when I was 10 years old. We have never had large earthquakes here at all. Over the last 6 months, after the Chilean earthquakes we have had several 6.0 quakes. They were so violent I was worried about this older 2 story apartment complex coming down. I could easily see a larger one doing some horrific damage. The sad thing is though the real issue is our shoddy construction. If you are lucky enough not to live in these shoddy structures and to not have to rely on civilization you would be fine.

I live in Quebec ... here we have rough winters lol
i think we are better prepare for a earthquake ..i have never felt one .. since there are usualy very small

hope your cats will be ok .. they need our help if the SHTF.. especially domestical animals
who cant survive outside same thing for small dogs

Did you see the video of the woman that try to save a small black dog but a big waves hit her and she lost the small dog in the flood

sad moment .. even if the woman not her little dog .. at least she tried thats the only good thing to think of

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

I don't know about that guy.. He said the missile off of California's coast was not a missile.

Deebo

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

i respect you alot OP, so dont think im trying to troll your thread..but since he gave out the explanation for mass animal deaths I lost all the trust in this man

also when he descredited his previous 2012 solar storms warning

i truly believe he switched sides..maybe they promised him salvation..everyone got loved ones..and everyone is stuck here on Planet Earth

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The entire planet was affected... cracked .. and weakened ... this earthquake have open up the door for more major ones that will shake the ground for longer and with a force of a hundred nukes probably more
it shifted the earth axis ... that never happened in the past .. why now ??

Is there any evidence to suggest that the planet has been moved off its axis? We know more about earthquakes these days due to the advancements of the internet and television. It could have happened in the past (if it's true) and we would have known nothing about it.

We never know where an earthquake will hit ...this is whats scary for everyone
Do we agree that earthquakes are to most dangerous natural disaster on earth ... it can level and destroy a country in a few second..

We have a rough idea where earthquakes will occur, they tend to happen at the boundaries between fault lines. That said, some (minor) earthquakes have happened in the UK, the general consensus was that they are reverberations from an earthquake somewhere else. All natural disasters are bad, I don't think you can put a label on which is the most deadly. Hurricanes and tsunami's have both shown that they can devastate areas rapidly in the past few years.

Edit: just read the link. The planet shifted 3 inches, that number is so insignificant if you compare the actual diameter of the earth, or the distance of the earth from the sun
edit on 21/1/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8311-XHT

The thing is.. I treat my cats like kids. They are also getting old.. and they both have health issues. I think they would both lose their mind if I wasn't around to take care of them they are so emotionally dependent.

The girl cat never leaves my side when I am home. In a disatser it would be like hell for them. Especially if something happened to me and I wasn't around. I feel bad about making them indoor pets and being so dependent.. but in the environment I live they wouldn't last long as outdoor cats.

if you are worrying about them .. well im not

im sure you will do everything in your power to continu to take care of them
so im not worried about it

i dont have animals in my home but at my parent home ..
3 cats very spoiled and 2 small caniche toy dog.. love them very much
already lost 2 dog 3 cats 1 bird ... always very painfull

the only thing im sure .. they can be scared very fast and run.. that will maybe save their life if something happen

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

No, I don't agree. Volcano eruptions can be much worse. And I predict we'll see a decent eruption within this year.

He is only considered "credible" because he knows exactly how to put forward pseudo-science in an intelligent and plausible manner. He speaks of ideas and theories that people on forums just like this one have been discussing for decades. Conspiracy theorists respect him because he provides the grounds for intelligent discussion surrounding theoretical physics and other sciences in a more transparent and less skeptical environment. However, I predict that the professional scientific community holds less respect for him. I personally think he's a great mind that isn't afraid to push the envelope and wander outside of the box every now and then. If science can't do that, it can't do anything.

edit on 21-1-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo

reply to post by Ben81

I don't know about that guy.. He said the missile off of California's coast was not a missile.

Deebo

he said that ? .. the same guy in the OP ??
im curious to know what he told the news if it wasnt a missile
its not a plane for sure ..so what was it ??

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Is there any evidence to suggest that the planet has been moved off its axis? We know more about earthquakes these days due to the advancements of the internet and television. It could have happened in the past (if it's true)

It wasn't a huge shift but yes, even NASA picked it up..

The magnitude 8.8 earthquake that jolted Chile on Saturday was felt as far away as São Paulo. But NASA scientists are proposing that its repercussions are truly global in a geophysical sense: it likely shifted Earth's axis by about eight centimeters.

www.scientificamerican.com...
More details at the link..

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

i have to agree with you .. volcanoes are terrible especially if the yellowstone one erupt
but i was saying that we need an earthquake to wakeup a volcano of that magnitude

i dont beleive that a volcano can erupt just like that ..
its a consequence from an earthquake .. so in basic term ... its earthquakes that we need to fear more
they are the start of a chain reactions

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join